No Playoffs?!? O'Well

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:50 pm
That was a fun 3 game win streak. Really showed are potential. But i doubt we make the playoffs with Baron being hurt again. But the funny thing is, im not that upset.

I know i know we havent made the playoffs since the first Bush was in office. I know we have the worst franchise in all of pro sports the last decade. But considering where we started the year off and where we are now, im happy with the direction of the team for the first time in YEARS.

No more Dungleavy or Murphy or Fisher. Just look at the poor pacers they cant rebuild for years. Guys we got instead (Al and SJax) are way better for our cap and have a ton more trade value. Even SJax is having a huge image makeover.

We have two young potential All-Stars in Monta and Biedrins. Thats legit talent.

So all we need to do is find a way to get rid of Baron this summer, use his cap space for a less injury prone point guard to back up monta or even to start if monta doesnt develop and another big man who can defend and rebound. The PG doesnt have to be an All-Star but just run an efficient offense ALL YEAR LONG.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:35 am
We're still in it bro. Everyone around us lost today (including the Clips).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:57 am
There is still hope but the thing about the team looking better personnel wise is right. I still think Harrington is not a proper PF that makes a big difference and that fills the need, nor do I think that Baron is ever going to play more than 65 games in a season but things are a bit better

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:19 am
dude, we had to go approximately 15-6 starting with the detroit game to make the playoffs, and everybody else has continued to lose which has made it look more like 14-7. So far we are 3-1. 11-6 is still doable.

BTW, money are you like a cold weather fan? You are always MIA when the warriors do well, and only come here when the warrior lose
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:40 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:dude, we had to go approximately 15-6 starting with the detroit game to make the playoffs, and everybody else has continued to lose which has made it look more like 14-7. So far we are 3-1. 11-6 is still doable.

BTW, money are you like a cold weather fan? You are always MIA when the warriors do well, and only come here when the warrior lose

the dude pops off only when he can say something negative about BD. DEFINITELY a fair weather fan... but there's room I suppose for idiots like that.

monta as our point guard? pllllz... doesn't the 4-9 record w/o bd and getting blitzed last night tell you monta can't run a team?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:51 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:BTW, money are you like a cold weather fan? You are always MIA when the warriors do well, and only come here when the warrior lose

I noticed the same thing.

The Warriors lose... and JSW comes back, J-Rich comes back, Money comes back, migya goes on a huge post buffet... Its kinda funny to me.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:11 pm
32 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:BTW, money are you like a cold weather fan? You are always MIA when the warriors do well, and only come here when the warrior lose

I noticed the same thing.

The Warriors lose... and JSW comes back, J-Rich comes back, Money comes back, migya goes on a huge post buffet... Its kinda funny to me.

Including an shitload of new panic threads...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:16 pm
man o man...

I just joined last week. Is it always like that? I guess that is typical of a fan forum that you get more negative posts then positive posters.

I am a huge Seahawk fan and there is like double the posts after a loss then there were during the entire 13 game win streak during the Super Bowl season.

Don't understand it at all.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:01 pm
Yep, better get used to it when the Warriors lose or get blown out. And if th Baron doesn't play in it for injury related reasons, expect Money or JRich to spam us with their ingenius opinions.

It just goes to show... these guys aren't fans. They can say they are, but since when do you start predicting negatively after a loss without their leader?

Besides... don't know about Money, but J-Rich is our 5th grade troll.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:16 pm
1 game out of the 8th seed.

DAMN. When's the lottery again..? :banghead: :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:48 pm
If the Warriors could get BD to play, we have to be favored to take on the Clippers and Fakers in the last 20 or so games. The Clippers have underacheived after receiving off-season contracts, the Lakers look like a bunch of journeymen piece-mealed around Kobe, the Kings are challenging despite an under the radar year. I am just amazed how much talent that the Warriors have on paper, but this team just finds a way to lose key games in critical moments. We are probably 10 plays away from a 36 and 29 season, but despite our fourth quarter woes, we are still one game back. We still have a great shot at 40 victories, and it would be great to see the Warriors play good ball despite the playoff outcome. Here are some plays that make a us a good bet for the Oden/Durant sweepstakes.

1. The Nellie technical in Washington
2. Home Loss to Atlanta (two ellis missed FT)
3. the post trade loss to the Clippers
4. the OT loss at home to Cleveland
5. the loss in seattle with BD on the bench at the end of the fourth quarter
6. The Marion dunk against Phoenix
7. The SJax jumper at the last second against the Warriors
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:52 pm
In honor of our best win of the year, this seems like an appropriate post to follow dareedle's positive one and hey Migya, that vodka is tasting better and better. 8)
<object><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:18 pm
YES! Respect the Python!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:01 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:dude, we had to go approximately 15-6 starting with the detroit game to make the playoffs, and everybody else has continued to lose which has made it look more like 14-7. So far we are 3-1. 11-6 is still doable.

That's the only reason the team is still in it, because every other team fighting for a playoff spot has gone on a losing streak. If just two of those teams went 50% the last 6 games, the team would be some 5 games back and things would be different! They are still in the hunt because this season, the 7th and 8th seeds are not above 50% like in the previous few seasons

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:35 am
badabing8888 wrote:man o man...

I just joined last week. Is it always like that? I guess that is typical of a fan forum that you get more negative posts then positive posters.

I am a huge Seahawk fan and there is like double the posts after a loss then there were during the entire 13 game win streak during the Super Bowl season.

Don't understand it at all.

Yeah, as XBay said, better get used to it. Everybody has an opinion. It's just that some people only have negative ones... I guess that posting here it's just a way to rant a bit after losses.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball