Beloved Baron

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Perfect example of why we cant depend on Baron.

Ray Allen been playing with bone spurs, doctors suggest he has surgery, he sticks it out and his team is farther out of the playoff race than the warriors.

Baron on the other hand mysteriously sits out and we later find out its his knee.

Without questioning Barons desire or heart, we can clearly see we cannot build a team around him. He is way too injury prone and not tough enough to stick it out (like AI). His injury history the past 5 years (6 years if u include this year) tell us this is true. Its not me not liking Baron personally, when healthy hes one of the Best Warriors we have ever had.

I honestly didnt think hed be back this year, and he proved me wrong (i shoulda considered one of his best NBA friend's was traded here). But again tonight he shows us why we got him at bargain prices.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:12 am
did you ever stop to think that Nelly might want him to rest the knee if it is giving him problems? If Barons knee can't move, Baron can't move and therefore he won't be able to play. Baron needs to penetrate, break the opponent down/dish.

That being said, other players need to step it up and take up the slack for when baron's out.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:20 pm
Baron Davis wanted to play last night; in fact, if you WATCHED the game, you'd have seen trainers all over his leg trying to work the kinks out from the opening tip until the end of the 3rd.

Finally, in the 4th quarter, Nelson pulled his starters and Baron's trainers gave up on him. Baron wanted to play, but Nelson wasn't willing to risk him reinjuring his knee during a blow-out.

I'd hardly call that quitting.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:07 pm
Is he playing tonight?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:43 pm
We can only hope. We're helpless without him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball