future w/o baron.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:59 pm
OK, so you say Ellis is NOT a PG. Fine, but you don't mention what you do with him then.

Agree is not a very good PG right now, but the chances of him carving out a great career at SG is VERY slim. So are you saying you trade him now while he has value? Or are you saying he will just be a spot player?
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:05 pm
dareedle wrote:Sending the much maligned Dunleavy to Indy left with absolutely 0 ball handlers when BD is on IR.

::lol: :shock:

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:54 pm
Yeah, the key here is still Baron. I think we'll keep our run if he stays healthy.

On another note, anyone go to the season ticket holder open house tonight?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:37 pm
32 wrote:
dareedle wrote:Sending the much maligned Dunleavy to Indy left with absolutely 0 ball handlers when BD is on IR.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:-)

Jackson is twice the ballhandler Dun ever was. Better passer too. In fact. Jackson is better in every way except taking charges. And I liked Dun more than most people on here.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:35 pm
cladden wrote:
32 wrote:

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jackson is twice the ballhandler Dun ever was. Better passer too. In fact. Jackson is better in every way except taking charges. And I liked Dun more than most people on here.

Dunleavy's ball-handling skills are worse than Jackson's, Ellis', Harrington's, and even Cabbage's. Mike Dunleavy's handling and passing skills were (and still are) horribly overrated.

The guy averaged POINT GUARD looking turnovers, but barely brought the ball up two or three times every night. He can't play, so people (read: white supremetists) like Jim Barnett start talking out of their ass, making up qualities about him.

Claiming Mike Dunleavy was the 2nd best handler on the team is as stupid as claiming Troy Murphy was the 2nd best shooter on the team; its a disgusting lie that makes me laugh.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:30 pm
In order to win right now, the Warriors need a healthy BD. Overall, the Warriors have better players and contracts post trade, but get real about the Sjax and Ellis backcourt leading us to the playoffs. We had more sub hundred games and scoring issues post-trade than before we made the trade with Indy. We has only 7 sub 100 losses with 44 games pre-trade and post-trade have 9 sub 100 losses post trade with only 28 games. Aside from our lousy rebounding and jump shots, BD is the only offense. His dribble penetration allows our shooters to knock down threes (Pietrus, Barnes) and our finishers (Biedrins, Ellis) to have good looks in the paint. In comparison, teams can pack in Ellis who will either drive against three players and generally miss, get blocked or turn the ball over. Our choices are to pick up a natural PG, convert Ellis to a PG of the future and add another dime a dozen perimeter athlete, dump Nellie and actually develop a half court offense or live and die with BD/Cabbage combo. In terms of style, Ellis is more like Joe Dumars/ Dwayne Wade type than a Steve Nash/Jason Kidd type which is why I rather not see him be our insurance policy to BD and his injuries.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:30 pm
In order to win right now, the Warriors need a healthy BD. Overall, the Warriors have better players and contracts post trade, but get real about the Sjax and Ellis backcourt leading us to the playoffs. We had more sub hundred games and scoring issues post-trade than before we made the trade with Indy. We has only 7 sub 100 losses with 44 games pre-trade and post-trade have 9 sub 100 losses post trade with only 28 games. Aside from our lousy rebounding and jump shots, BD is the only offense. His dribble penetration allows our shooters to knock down threes (Pietrus, Barnes) and our finishers (Biedrins, Ellis) to have good looks in the paint. In comparison, teams can pack in Ellis who will either drive against three players and generally miss, get blocked or turn the ball over. Our choices are to pick up a natural PG, convert Ellis to a PG of the future and add another dime a dozen perimeter athlete, dump Nellie and actually develop a half court offense or live and die with BD/Cabbage combo. In terms of style, Ellis is more like Joe Dumars/ Dwayne Wade type than a Steve Nash/Jason Kidd type which is why I rather not see him be our insurance policy to BD and his injuries.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 am
aletha33 wrote:
migya wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
migya wrote:Well said! Baron CAN be a very good player but the flaws you brought up are glaring and are not the stuff of a franchise player, that's why the team hasn't been a real power in the nba because even if he only played 60-65 games, along with talents like JRich, the team would have done better than they have if Baron was a superstar, which is what a franchise player is. My problem is the fact he is injuryprone and gets paid so much money for what he gives. He is a top 5 PG but guys like Deron Williams, Mo Williams and Chris Paul are already at his level and will likely overtake him in the near future, all while getting paid less and playing more

baron CAN?? Mo Williams?? Deron Williams?? Chris Paul maybe...but c'mon

I always thought you were a pretty rational dude...but now, I'm not so sure.

I suppose those 3 are not good PGs? :-s

naw, that's not what im saying...well, mo william's a strech...but the rest are good, really good...but they're not at BD's level...

they're HEALTHIER...but that can't impact the game the way BD does.

Take Mo Williams away from the Bucks and they're fuked well and truly! They have no PG to replace him with!

Take Chris Paul waway from the Hornets and you have the worst team in the nba!

Take away Deron from the Jazz and you have Fisher :oops: :mrgreen: Deron doesn't mean as much to the Jazz as I reckon they could win without him a bit but he has been perhaps the 2nd most important player for them after Boozer, who many bagge, especially #32, and now noone says anything bad about him and nor should they (including me)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:26 am
badabing8888 wrote:OK, so you say Ellis is NOT a PG. Fine, but you don't mention what you do with him then.

Agree is not a very good PG right now, but the chances of him carving out a great career at SG is VERY slim. So are you saying you trade him now while he has value? Or are you saying he will just be a spot player?

I agree. Ellis won't be able to play his whole career at SG. He needs to adapt to the PG position at some time. He looks a lot like Jason Terry in Atlanta, not in the way they play, but on the way Terry were used. He played lots of games at SG his first few years on the league... but eventually he has to switch to PG. I think Ellis will have to do the same.

He has had some good games at PG, like the last one at the Staples against the Clippers... and some terrible ones. He's still learning and ain't ready to be a full time starter at PG. But he'll have to become one.

migya wrote:Take Mo Williams away from the Bucks and they're fuked well and truly! They have no PG to replace him with!

Boykins?. I mean, it's not the same, but Boykins can give you 60% of what Mo does. I like Mo Williams, but he's not irreplaceable.

migya wrote:Take Chris Paul waway from the Hornets and you have the worst team in the nba!

Well, worst is a bit too much. They still would be a pretty decent team... although probably without any chance at the playoffs.

migya wrote:Take away Deron from the Jazz and you have Fisher :oops: :mrgreen: Deron doesn't mean as much to the Jazz as I reckon they could win without him a bit but he has been perhaps the 2nd most important player for them after Boozer, who many bagge, especially #32, and now noone says anything bad about him and nor should they (including me)

I still think Boozer is overrated. But he's productive when healthy. I think the opposite regarding Deron, tho. He's the key to these Jazz. Above Boozer, Okur or any other... Just my 2 cents, tho.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:24 am
32 wrote:
cladden wrote:
32 wrote:

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dunleavy's ball-handling skills are worse than Jackson's, Ellis', Harrington's, and even Cabbage's. Mike Dunleavy's handling and passing skills were (and still are) horribly overrated.

The guy averaged POINT GUARD looking turnovers, but barely brought the ball up two or three times every night. He can't play, so people (read: white supremetists) like Jim Barnett start talking out of their ass, making up qualities about him.

Claiming Mike Dunleavy was the 2nd best handler on the team is as stupid as claiming Troy Murphy was the 2nd best shooter on the team; its a disgusting lie that makes me laugh.

LOL! This is the funniest posting that I have read in a long time. Sadly, your analogies are quite true.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:20 am
uptempo wrote:
32 wrote:
cladden wrote:
32 wrote:

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

LOL! This is the funniest posting that I have read in a long time. Sadly, your analogies are quite true.

Leave the guy alone uptempo :mrgreen:

Fuk I like a good night! God bless

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 am
TMC wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:OK, so you say Ellis is NOT a PG. Fine, but you don't mention what you do with him then.

I agree. Ellis won't be able to play his whole career at SG. He needs to adapt to the PG position at some time. He looks a lot like Jason Terry in Atlanta, not in the way they play, but on the way Terry were used. He played lots of games at SG his first few years on the league... but eventually he has to switch to PG. I think Ellis will have to do the same.

He has had some good games at PG, like the last one at the Staples against the Clippers... and some terrible ones. He's still learning and ain't ready to be a full time starter at PG. But he'll have to become one.

He has to become a PG because................ well, I want Baron gone and Jefferson or Gasol or GARNETT here! :mrgreen:

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Take Mo Williams away from the Bucks and they're fuked well and truly! They have no PG to replace him with!

Boykins?. I mean, it's not the same, but Boykins can give you 60% of what Mo does. I like Mo Williams, but he's not irreplaceable.

Boykins is good but the poor bastard is in a hole in the Bucks! Those turds just don't play his arse properly like the brown Nuggets did!

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Take Chris Paul waway from the Hornets and you have the worst team in the nba!

Well, worst is a bit too much. They still would be a pretty decent team... although probably without any chance at the playoffs.

No, they'd be one fukin awful team without Paul! With turkeys like Peja (aka Pisa :mrgreen: ) and losers like Chandler the bum, West the dough soft fagget, Cedric the clown and the rest of the grunts!

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Take away Deron from the Jazz and you have Fisher :oops: :mrgreen: Deron doesn't mean as much to the Jazz as I reckon they could win without him a bit but he has been perhaps the 2nd most important player for them after Boozer, who many bagge, especially #32, and now noone says anything bad about him and nor should they (including me)

I still think Boozer is overrated. But he's productive when healthy. I think the opposite regarding Deron, tho. He's the key to these Jazz. Above Boozer, Okur or any other... Just my 2 cents, tho.

Boozer is someone you'd love to rag shiit on, pour it on him in fact but the coksuka is playing well this season so his due only three or four insults per week :mrgreen: Deron Williams is playing well but he surely can't be any good with fishstench sharing his room with him :oops: :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:51 am
migya wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
migya wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
migya wrote:Well said! Baron CAN be a very good player but the flaws you brought up are glaring and are not the stuff of a franchise player, that's why the team hasn't been a real power in the nba because even if he only played 60-65 games, along with talents like JRich, the team would have done better than they have if Baron was a superstar, which is what a franchise player is. My problem is the fact he is injuryprone and gets paid so much money for what he gives. He is a top 5 PG but guys like Deron Williams, Mo Williams and Chris Paul are already at his level and will likely overtake him in the near future, all while getting paid less and playing more

naw, that's not what im saying...well, mo william's a strech...but the rest are good, really good...but they're not at BD's level...

Take Mo Williams away from the Bucks and they're fuked well and truly! They have no PG to replace him with!

Take away Deron from the Jazz and you have Fisher :oops: :mrgreen: Deron doesn't mean as much to the Jazz as I reckon they could win without him a bit but he has been perhaps the 2nd most important player for them after Boozer, who many bagge, especially #32, and now noone says anything bad about him and nor should they (including me)

I don't think you'll get much arguement about what would happen if you took Mo or Chris or Deron off their team...that's not the point you made.

you made the point that they are at the same level as BD - which they're not.

and I'm assuming you're referring to playing ability, unless you mean they're equal as far as their value to their respective team.

if that's what you meant, that's certainly not what you said or how it came across.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:09 am
aletha33 wrote:
migya wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
migya wrote:
aletha33 wrote:

I don't think you'll get much arguement about what would happen if you took Mo or Chris or Deron off their team...that's not the point you made.

you made the point that they are at the same level as BD - which they're not.

and I'm assuming you're referring to playing ability, unless you mean they're equal as far as their value to their respective team.

if that's what you meant, that's certainly not what you said or how it came across.

Well well well if ain't aletha33, a relation to #32 no doubt, come right after him in fact :mrgreen:

Wheter I meant playing ability or what they mean to their teams, you made it sound like there was no comparison - BULLSHIIT!

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:10 am
migya you are out of control & need to go mod yourself or go private with yourself :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball