future w/o baron.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:48 pm
as we know he is injury prone, so what can we do to have a future without him around for years to come...

im convinced we need to seek plan B, even if we make the playoffs
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:52 pm
Well if we can't get Horford in the draft, I say draft a PG and try to develop. Monta will never be a good PG.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:08 am
trade baron for billups?
PWN3D!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:10 am
Warriors can't run an offense as well without Baron. I'm not sure where you can go from there but either you find a PG who can or find another way to win. Can't develop players anymore, no more excuses for not making the playoffs starting next season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:43 am
Look in the trades section to find good trades I've proposed including Baron :wink:

Just a head smack him being injured so often and that's one position and some 16 million dollars that is not used to full potential

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:36 am
If we're gonna trade Baron (which I am completely opposed to doing), it's gotta be for another top-notch PG. Period.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:59 am
JayPat wrote:If we're gonna trade Baron (which I am completely opposed to doing), it's gotta be for another top-notch PG. Period.

As I've said, PGs are easier to get and develop but big guys aren't. Maybe the team can scam a great PF in the draft or by freeagancy but Baron is still injuryprone and that stuffs up the make up of the team. Not knowing whether one of your top 2 players is going to be playing often or not is not a good thing

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:49 am
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:If we're gonna trade Baron (which I am completely opposed to doing), it's gotta be for another top-notch PG. Period.

As I've said, PGs are easier to get and develop but big guys aren't.

You're way over-estimating.

A good center is the hardest thing in the world to find... and after that is a good point guard. To quote the immortal words of TMC, finding a point guard is easy... finding a GOOD point guard is hard.

If players like Baron Davis were a dime a dozen, why would we be dealing with his injury prone BS? When Baron's healthy, there are less than a handful of players that can perform at his level (aka Nash, a healthy Kidd, and MAYBE Chris Paul).

As I said, you're seriously over-estimating. Matter of fact, you've got it backwards. There are more GOOD power forwards in the history of the game than any other position... except MAYBE shooting guard.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:58 pm
Great, now we have BD apologists that will put him next to Nash, Kidd and Isiah Thomas as the greatest point guard ever. Wake up Warrior fans, there is more to being great than talent and having a fricking PG lead the team in scoring. BD is not a great franchise PG for a lot of reasons, health, getting his mediocre club to the playoffs, shot selection, free throw percentage. Unfortunately, he is our only PG and our best shot for the playoffs this year and next, but it has been apparent to the entire league, he is a liability because of lack of conditioning, historical weight issues, and recurring injuries. For the number of playoff games, we have played with BD, I think our 17 and 18 mllion could be better spent on drafting young PG like Deron Williams that is getting a whopping 5 Million per and would actually be available to play in the final 20 games of the season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:23 pm
Dude... do you even think before you hit "Submit" on the post-a-reply screen?

Baron Davis is a tad bit more valueable to the Warriors than simply "leading them in scoring". If you actually took the time to watch games, rather than mouthing off after reading box scores, you'd see that he's clearly the engine that drives this team. When Baron Davis plays, the Golden State Warriors are worthy of a 5th or 6th seed in the West. That's saying something. Unfortunately, as you so eloquently put it, Baron's flaw is that he's injury-prone, so we're hoping to nab the 8th seed.

You need a little more time watching games, chief. Trust me. Relying on those Kawakami articles does murder to your credibility.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:58 pm
Baron's a valuble asset? Yes...but I still think he's unreliable. We shouldn't waste our time/$$/chemistry on these types of players. Mullin might keep him until 08/09 though. ***030***
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:05 pm
I'd look at finding/signing a top-notch PG when Baron's contract is off the books (so will Harrington and Jackson the same year, I believe). But he is at least top 5 PG in the NBA (when healthy).

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:22 pm
BD and Foyle 08/09. Al & SJax the following...

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:32 pm
JayPat wrote:Well if we can't get Horford in the draft, I say draft a PG and try to develop. Monta will never be a good PG.

what a joke of a post. monta is 21 2 years out of high school, and he's completely done a 180 as far as turnover to assist ratio from where he was toward the beginning of the year, and you want to say he doesnt even have a chance to be a good pg? he already is a good pg, all we have to do is wait for him to be great. baron is great, but he's never healthy so that kind of doesnt say much. sure we could draft another small player, but that doesnt mean our rebounding and low block problems will go away!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:20 pm
A backcourt of Baron Davis and Monta Ellis may be what the team will be looking at next season. Jason Richardson, my personal favorite on this team, may be the only tradeable player, along with our #1 draft choice. The team needs to pickup an athletic, but also phyiscally imposing inside player to complement Biedrens. Jackson and Harrington should really develop in Nelson's system of uptempo basketball. I don't see anyone wanting to pickup Baron Davis, due to his propensity of getting injured. When healthy, Baron Davis is lethal; however, we have yet to see him play a complete season. A backcourt of Davis and Ellis may be like the old KC-Omaha Kings backcourt of Phil Ford and Ottis Birdsong, quick, penetrating, and explosive.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball