Win, go for a playoff spot
86%
Tank, more ping pong balls
14%

Total votes : 21

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:26 am
the only 2 "sure things" are Oden and Durant, and they may not even come out. the Ws are not going to finish with one of the 3 worst records in the league. With BD and Jrich back, they are probably going to win 10 or 11 of their remaining games, so may as well push to win 14.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:01 pm
Yeah, if the relationship continues to develop between Oden and his Buckeye teammates as the same to Durant and his Longhorn teammates, then they just may very well stay another year... or even until their seniors. College can have a large effect on your decision on whether jumping to the pros early or not.

Tanking is a horrible move at this point from what we've seen. We've all seen what this team looks like now that they're all healthy and playing together. You could may very well be taking a risk if Oden and KD decide not to enter which is still up in the air. I have a feeling KD will enter. Oden might not because with not only the chemistry building up, but if they make it to the Final Four and lose, I think he'll be back.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:27 pm
I seriously doubt people wanting this team to tank have ever played organized sports.

Unless you're trying to ensure the last place in the league, you shouldn't be tanking. Anyone whose voting for that are doing so PURELY because they're taking this team too seriously and don't want to be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs. By conceding, they eliminate the drama and (possible) heartache).

Personally, I'd rather see us finish strong and secure a final playoff spot. We have Dallas' (aka, the #1 seed's) number... and if we somehow upset them (which isn't as unlikely as one would think), we're also pretty decent against the Spurs. As long as the Warriors don't face the Suns or Lakers in the playoffs, they stand a chance against any team. Seriously.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:23 pm
Yep. I'd rather watch the Warriors season go down to the final games of the season. It builds up the moment and makes fan stronger to believe other than those fans who have their team win 60+ games and not have to worry until they start actually losing in a playoff series. Which would you rather have?

1. The Warriors are only 2 1/2 games out of the 8th spot. 19 games remaining. They can finish strong and vie for a playoff push. The negative would be missing the playoffs for the 13th consecutive season and getting the 14th or higher pick.

2. The Warriors can tank it and try for a top lotto pick. The negative would be that Oden and KD may not enter.

With this team back together and healthy and playing like it is the past two games, you can't possibly believe tanking is the correct way to go.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:28 pm
As highly unlikely as all of what #32 said is, it is nonetheless true. I can kind of see the argument for tanking, but I never root for a team to tank it at the end of a season (unless it's the Giants, because the only way Brian Sabean will EVER think of trading one of him good players is if they're like 15 games out). I just can't root for a team to try not to win. The Warriors will not make the playoff this year, that much I am sure of. But if they were to make it on the heels of a great run to end the season, they would have a much better shot if they drew Dallas and San Antonio, as opposed to Phoenix or LA. Either way, it was a fun game to watch tonight, and I'm rooting as hard as anyone for a good run to end the season.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:08 am
You guys already know where I stand on this. Keep our pride, pedal to the metal, and see what this baby can do. 8)
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:11 am
At first I was considering tanking but I've decided we should at least try to get playoffs, we have a chance still.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:16 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, if the relationship continues to develop between Oden and his Buckeye teammates as the same to Durant and his Longhorn teammates, then they just may very well stay another year... or even until their seniors. College can have a large effect on your decision on whether jumping to the pros early or not.

I don't think Oden will stay in college. He knows he'll be #1 overall... but what happens next year if he has a serious injury like Shaun Linvingston just had?. He won't take that risk.

Even tho the same argument can be applied to Durant, I think he might stay in college another year. From what I've read, it's not like his family needs the money to live. If he stays, he'd have a great chance of being number one the next season...

I still think both will be available for this draft, but it wouldn't surprise me if Durant stayed in college one more year.

JayPat wrote:At first I was considering tanking but I've decided we should at least try to get playoffs, we have a chance still.

Same here. I would only tank for the 1-2 spots... but it's too late right now. F*ck tanking.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:31 am
No way Oden doesn't declare this year. He knows he'll be #1 and there's no way he'll pass it up. He'd have declared for the draft last year had that stupid rule not been put into effect. Like making someone go to college for a year changes anything. Really an awful, misguided and un-American kind of rule not allowing kids from high school to go to the NBA (not that basketball and its rules should be a huge political issue or anythin)
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:49 am
id want them to try as hard as possible for that playoff spot, reaching the playoffs to me is more than getting a little higher draft pick in this years draft. Im sorry but ending the playoff drought is more important to me than say getting up to the 6th pick. i still remember the last time the warriors made playoffs, and its been too damn long to wait another year. i am sure we can get a good PF in the draft no matter where we are, i still want to give POB a chance though, we should have left him in the nbdl and just let him grow instead of having him on bench.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:31 am
JayPat wrote:At first I was considering tanking but I've decided we should at least try to get playoffs, we have a chance still.

Be great to make the playoffs and it is not that far out of reach but if they don't, it will be so hard to take that only a top 4 or 5 pick can soften the blow

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:46 am
coltraning wrote:the only 2 "sure things" are Oden and Durant, and they may not even come out. the Ws are not going to finish with one of the 3 worst records in the league. With BD and Jrich back, they are probably going to win 10 or 11 of their remaining games, so may as well push to win 14.

So far, 1-0. Things are looking more to your call :)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball