Not quite, but he'll still improve
83%
Nah. You're on crack
No votes

Total votes : 12

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:30 am
I'd like to see them both offered 4 year extensions somewhere between 25 and 30 mil. That might be a little more than market but I don't care. The point of losing the DunMurph contracts was to clear space to sign these guys down the road. I'd much rather overpay a little for these guys to stick around than have to start all over again in raising talent. It's not like we have enough to room to sign any big name free agent and even if we did this isn't exactly the #1 location on peoples' lists.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:27 pm
Golden wrote:
migya wrote:
Golden wrote:I see him moving on to another team. There is no way Golden State can pay him enough to stick around.

Mullin will likely make an offer this offseason and if Biedrins doesn't accept it, he will likely (should be) traded, either alone or in a package for someone real good. You just can't risk losing a vital piece of your team for nothing

I agree with you 100% Migya. But would Biedrins want to stay at Golden State. I would love for him too, but I just don't see it. Golden State must somehow try to sign ME, MP and others.

biendrins is old school, from a country with real values, knows loyalty...not like these arrogant, spoiled, american brats...he's not going to try to break the bank...

the dude will stay...

and sign MP??? are you fricken serious? i seriously hope that doesn't stand for pietrus - the dude is CRAAAP... that fools got NO game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:57 pm
aletha33 wrote:
Golden wrote:
migya wrote:
Golden wrote:I see him moving on to another team. There is no way Golden State can pay him enough to stick around.

Mullin will likely make an offer this offseason and if Biedrins doesn't accept it, he will likely (should be) traded, either alone or in a package for someone real good. You just can't risk losing a vital piece of your team for nothing

I agree with you 100% Migya. But would Biedrins want to stay at Golden State. I would love for him too, but I just don't see it. Golden State must somehow try to sign ME, MP and others.

biendrins is old school, from a country with real values, knows loyalty...not like these arrogant, spoiled, american brats...he's not going to try to break the bank...

the dude will stay...

Money corrupts nearly all people :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:02 am
drazz wrote:I'd like to see the W's sign him (and Ellis) this off-season, for fair contracts. Say $6mil each year for three years. Of the two, I think Ellis is the more likely to go, unless he plays heavy minutes. If the team is all together, and no major moves are made this off-season, he could easily get 30 min a game. Make a push for 6th man of the year too.

Both Monta and Biedrins could get contracts from 9 - 12 million. It will be very hard to keep them and what will have to happen is that Baron or JRich will have to go so Monta can see that he will be a starter and have a chance to be the star of the team and not just share minutes with two great guards. Biedrins is the only Center worth anything on the team and he can basically name his price

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:58 am
He doesn't need a 10-12 ft jumpshot. He just needs to be a beast around the basket. Needs a reliable baby hook. The back-to-the-basket game should supersede a 10-12 ft jumpshot.

Right now, he's just a guy who gets mostly garbage points and alley-oops.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:33 am
Hoonyo wrote:He doesn't need a 10-12 ft jumpshot. He just needs to be a beast around the basket. Needs a reliable baby hook. The back-to-the-basket game should supersede a 10-12 ft jumpshot.

Right now, he's just a guy who gets mostly garbage points and alley-oops.

I BEG TO DIFFER MY FRIEND. ANDRIS GETS A LOT OF HIS BASKETS ON THE PICKAND ROLL PLAY. ALSO HE HAS DEVELOPED SOME VERY GOOD ONE ON ONE MOVES AROUND THE HOOP BECAUSE HIS FOOTWORK IS SO GOOD. HE IS VERY QUICK TO THE BASKET. THE WARRIORS ACTUALLY CALL A LOT OF ONE ON ONE PLAYS FOR HIM AND HE HAS BEEN VERY SUCESSFUL AT IT. :)
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:57 am
Definitely not garbage points. Biedrins has developed into a good center, with both offensive and defensive power. Yes, he gets his 'garbage' tip-back points, but there are far more pick and rolls, backdoor cuts, and great positioning from the man than there are put-backs.

Still, another offensive weapon, where he stands more than 3 feet from the basket at time of delivery, would be very nice.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:52 pm
I lool at pietrus as a poor man jrich with better def. Chances are, we will let barnes and pietrus walk away. Our main priority will be Mr.AB15. I think its a possibility to sign a monta because look at barbosa. He comes off the bench and still produces well everynight. We can use monta as that roll, and until something changes in the starting lineup we can depend on him when he comes off the bench. With Davis always getting injured, and who knows what the warriors will do with him, monta will have some sort of security

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:36 pm
Viz wrote:I lool at pietrus as a poor man jrich with better def. Chances are, we will let barnes and pietrus walk away. Our main priority will be Mr.AB15. I think its a possibility to sign a monta because look at barbosa. He comes off the bench and still produces well everynight. We can use monta as that roll, and until something changes in the starting lineup we can depend on him when he comes off the bench. With Davis always getting injured, and who knows what the warriors will do with him, monta will have some sort of security

Viz, you are very intelligent. It must be because you are from Vallejo. So am I. The Chronicle had interesting stats on pietrus today. He is the teams best perimeter shooter and he is the 3rd best rebounder. But everyone wants to get rid of him. I don't know why.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:42 pm
Best perimeter shooter? No way. Richardson, Azubuike, and Barnes are better.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:44 pm
JayPat wrote:Best perimeter shooter? No way. Richardson, Azubuike, and Barnes are better.

Maybe he's talking about best perimeter shooter from one specific spot... :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:46 pm
JayPat wrote:Best perimeter shooter? No way. Richardson, Azubuike, and Barnes are better.

Not stat wise. Pietrus is shooting at 48%. I don't know if you have noticed, but Pietrus has added a nice little stop and pop jump shot. similar to that of Monta. But lets not confuse either of the 2 with thebest stop and pop jumper shooter in the NBA today, Ray Allen.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:51 pm
Pietrus is at 48% because he only takes shots from the corner, where he is efficient. The other players can shoot from anywhere.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:09 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:

Not stat wise. Pietrus is shooting at 48%. I don't know if you have noticed, but Pietrus has added a nice little stop and pop jump shot. similar to that of Monta. But lets not confuse either of the 2 with thebest stop and pop jumper shooter in the NBA today, Ray Allen.

48% is decent... but it doesn't make him the best perimeter shooter. 4 out of his usual 9 shots a night are for three... and he's only shooting 35% from there.

Besides, a huge gripe that a lot of us Pietrus-haters have is that he's spotty... which shows up in his monthly statistics. In December, he shot an amazing 52% from the field... but then dropped off 10 points to reach 42% in January (which wasn't HORRIBLE, but it wasn't stellar). Finally, last month, Pietrus shot 36% OFF THE BENCH.

His 3-point percentage pretty much follows suit, as does his PPG.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:17 pm
32, good use of the stats. He is not as consistant as a team would want, though neither the Dec or Jan percent are bad. I'm not trying to bash on Peitrus or even really defend him, but the drop last month COULD be partially attributed to coming off the bench and being out of the flow.

Whatever the case, Peitrus will be signed for at least $4 mil and be a starter next year. Will he be good? I don't know. But, there are certainly worse players out there that he could replace at the 2/3.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball