Not quite, but he'll still improve
83%
Nah. You're on crack
No votes

Total votes : 12

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:06 am
You heard it here first. Next year Biedrins comes back with a 10-12 foot jumper, averages 18/10/2.5 and makes the all star team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:12 am
He will improve but that's asking alot and highly unlikely. It doesn't seem like he needs a jump shot to be effective and so he will likely not work hard on that. He should get slightly higher averages but he will never score much more on this team, there are far too many playuers that love to shoot and Nelson would have to order everyone to get the ball to Biedrins more often, also highly unlikely

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:20 am
I see him as a 14/12/2 guy... but no all star. He won't beat Yao for the starting spot and Amare will probably be the bench center. And usually a PF goes to the All Star as a C (like Gasol a couple of years ago).

He'd also have to beat Camby and Tyson Chandler, who will have similar numbers to him. Too many obstacles to become an All Star (although I don't care about the all star. I'd be equally happy if he has those numbers).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:19 am
Biedrins fits the team and that is the most important thing. When was the last time a center fit the team so well! I can't remember more potential and such a great fit for the team at Center

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:21 am
I see him moving on to another team. There is no way Golden State can pay him enough to stick around.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:31 am
Golden wrote:I see him moving on to another team. There is no way Golden State can pay him enough to stick around.

Mullin will likely make an offer this offseason and if Biedrins doesn't accept it, he will likely (should be) traded, either alone or in a package for someone real good. You just can't risk losing a vital piece of your team for nothing

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:46 am
migya wrote:
Golden wrote:I see him moving on to another team. There is no way Golden State can pay him enough to stick around.

Mullin will likely make an offer this offseason and if Biedrins doesn't accept it, he will likely (should be) traded, either alone or in a package for someone real good. You just can't risk losing a vital piece of your team for nothing

I agree with you 100% Migya. But would Biedrins want to stay at Golden State. I would love for him too, but I just don't see it. Golden State must somehow try to sign ME, MP and others.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:52 am
Golden wrote:Golden State must somehow try to sign ME, MP and others.

:shock:

If we sign Pietrus above Biedrins there will be riots on the streets...

And don't worry about Biedrins moving anywhere. He'll re-sign. Actually, he'll probably sign an extension before hitting free-agency.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:12 am
TMC wrote:
Golden wrote:Golden State must somehow try to sign ME, MP and others.

:shock:

If we sign Pietrus above Biedrins there will be riots on the streets...

And don't worry about Biedrins moving anywhere. He'll re-sign. Actually, he'll probably sign an extension before hitting free-agency.

I'm sure G-State will try to lock him up before free-agency. If the kid is smart he will test the waters. I would expect ME to do the same. These two young guys are going to have alot of teams after them (playoff teams).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:26 am
Golden wrote:I'm sure G-State will try to lock him up before free-agency. If the kid is smart he will test the waters. I would expect ME to do the same. These two young guys are going to have alot of teams after them (playoff teams).

Yeah, but those teams will be over the cap and won't be able to offer him the same amount. I mean, he won't leave for Charlotte...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:47 am

We play him as many minutes as he possibly can get. We hardly ever bench him unless he's in foul trouble or fatigued. I don't think it's minutes it's about. Shots maybe but I don't think he cares a lot. Right now he's mostly putbacks and dishes. If he had a better post up move (and it has gotten better as the season has progressed) he'd get more shots. Imagine if people had to respect his triple-threat. He's fast enough to fly by anyone that guards him.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:47 am

We play him as many minutes as he possibly can get. We hardly ever bench him unless he's in foul trouble or fatigued. I don't think it's minutes it's about. Shots maybe but I don't think he cares a lot. Right now he's mostly putbacks and dishes. If he had a better post up move (and it has gotten better as the season has progressed) he'd get more shots. Imagine if people had to respect his triple-threat. He's fast enough to fly by anyone that guards him.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:48 am
I expect Biedrins to improve and stick around. However, the guy to worry about leaving in the near future is Monta. He knows on this team, when everyone is healthy, he will not get the playing time he desires. I see Monta going to a team where he can play all he wants and shoot all he wants (see Gilbert Arenas).
Last edited by The Coooach on Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:57 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:the guy to worry about leaving in the neart future is Monta. He knows on this team, when everyone is healthy, he will not get the playing time he desires.

Why not?. I mean, he plays two spots, so, even if he comes from the bench, he'll still may get 30-35 min per game easily... and he's already getting plenty of shots. I don't think he has any reason to leave.

Arenas didn't leave for shots or minutes. He left for money... and just because we couldn't pay him... It will be the same, but, in this case, we won't have any problems to pay him (that is, as long as Cohan is willing to pay).
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:58 am
Well, I'd certainly like to have Biedrins stay. He's a perfect fit fot eh team and the style, and I love seeing him get those passes under the basket when his defender(s) don't even seen to have a clue where he is.

I'd like to see the W's sign him (and Ellis) this off-season, for fair contracts. Say $6mil each year for three years. Of the two, I think Ellis is the more likely to go, unless he plays heavy minutes. If the team is all together, and no major moves are made this off-season, he could easily get 30 min a game. Make a push for 6th man of the year too.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball