What would Nellie do?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:57 pm
If Nellie could have any power forward in the league (just for fun) who do you think he would pick?

What about you guys on the board? Forget about trades and contracts, this is just pure dreaming. Who do you think would have the biggest impact immediately considering Nellie's style of play?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:09 pm
Nellie would pick Dirk without a doubt. He can do everything Nellie wants from a 4 and then some. I mean, he did groom the guy to his liking and all.

Personally, I would go with KG still. You just can't ignore his efficiency and production. 23, 10, 4, 2, and 1. Those aren't the numbers from Lost. Those are what KG does to people everynight. He also makes half the shots he takes. He can play in the half court or get out and run. He can face up or play back to the basket. He is still the best all around PF in the league. You could say most of these things about Duncan but I just like KG's style as well. Dirk, Duncan, and KG are the cream of the crop to me.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:21 pm
23, 12, 4, 2, and 1 from KG each night. (he's my pick too)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:25 pm
Nellie would take Dirk

Dwight Howard. Yes I know he's a center but he can play PF and can do it for the next dozen years damn well. Also, it has been proven time and time again that low FG% stars don't win rings. Dwight is a high FG% superstar.

If age isn't a factor I'd take duncan
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:45 pm
JayPat wrote:23, 12, 4, 2, and 1 from KG each night. (he's my pick too)

Ah yes. He gets 10 defensive boards a night and 12.5 total.

I like Dwight and all but his turnover numbers are alarming. His is giving it up almost 4 times a night as a big man. You can live with 2 or 3 TOs with his production, but 4 is pushing it. Also he shoots free throws like he is a Warrior. Beyond that though, he will probably be everyone's pick as a PF in about 3 years.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:15 pm
Thunder wrote:Nellie would pick Dirk without a doubt. He can do everything Nellie wants from a 4 and then some. I mean, he did groom the guy to his liking and all.

Personally, I would go with KG still. You just can't ignore his efficiency and production. 23, 10, 4, 2, and 1. Those aren't the numbers from Lost. Those are what KG does to people everynight. He also makes half the shots he takes. He can play in the half court or get out and run. He can face up or play back to the basket. He is still the best all around PF in the league. You could say most of these things about Duncan but I just like KG's style as well. Dirk, Duncan, and KG are the cream of the crop to me.

You are absolutely right! Nelson would want Dirk as he fits his style the best.

KG for me as he would better in the team than Duncan but the best of them all is Duncan, the true winner and champion

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:14 pm
Defintely Dirk. He's a Nelson type player and virtually unguardable. I'd definitely take him if I was Nelson. If you want future, Dwight Howard no doubt. If you want present, Duncan or KG no doubt. It just depends on the scenario.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:16 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Nellie would take Dirk

If age isn't a factor I'd take duncan

Completely agree. Nellie would go with Dirk without giving it a second thought.

As for me, and, as Pest says, if age isn't a factor, Duncan.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:26 am
I think Nelly would take Garnett. He can almost do everything Dirk can (except 3 pointers. He is more unselfish and a much better rebounder and defender. Garnett is close to being the most complete player in the game. I think Nelly knows that.

Return to Warriors Basketball