If you are mad about the Wizards game...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:56 am
BT wrote:name one average American whtie player in the NBA right now.


This is easy. Ridnour, Collison, Kaman, Brad Miller, David Lee, Hinrich, Korver...

The dominating one is harder. In fact, I can't think of a single one.

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:01 am
TMC wrote:
BT wrote:name one average American whtie player in the NBA right now.


This is easy. Ridnour, Collison, Kaman, Brad Miller, David Lee, Hinrich, Korver...

The dominating one is harder. In fact, I can't think of a single one.


The last 3 are much better than the first 3. I would a add Morrison, and Brent Barry to that list.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:15 am
Does anybody want add to list of "dominant white American player"?
New. Stuff.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 am
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:20 am
Luke Walton.

Just ask his dad.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 am
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:44 pm
Actually, I'm going to make a case for Nash.

Yes, I know he was born in Canada, lives in Canada, and remains a Candian citizen.

BUT, he learned the game in the US, which is (I think) the part that is in question. Unlike other non-American ballers, like Dirk, Gasol, Manu, or Yao, Nash played college ball, and playing it in the US, under US coaches. Right here in the Bay, at Santa Clara.

So, if the arguement is that the US cannot produce good/great white basketball players, then Nash, despite his citizenship, is the key counterpoint.

If the arguement is that white American men cannot, for whatever reason, play the game at the super elevated level, then, at least for this era, we have to agree.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:38 pm
drazz wrote:Actually, I'm going to make a case for Nash.

Yes, I know he was born in Canada, lives in Canada, and remains a Candian citizen.


Nothing against your point about Nash, drazz... but, as an interesting tidbit, he was born in South Africa.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 am
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:11 pm
TMC wrote:Nothing against your point about Nash, drazz... but, as an interesting tidbit, he was born in South Africa.



Bah, non-Euro Euros are all the same. South Africa, Canada, Australia, whatever.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron