Un-freekin-believable!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:51 pm
We are in last place???? Our favorite freekin spot!!!!!!!! OMG I cannot believe this shite.........

Typical Warriors. I bleed for this freekin team. I revolve my life around this team. I have 300 plus dollar seats for the Wizard game and I guess I will be seeing a lineup of Azubuke, Pietrus, Powell, Barnes & Foyle.

And I fault Nelson for his retarded line ups!! I know we are hurt right now but doesn't he realize that playing small all the time does not work!!!!!! We are freekin midgets out there in every game! Play Powell and Beidrins together for crimeny sakes!!!

I guess we'll just have to hope for another sorry draft pick that won't do us a bit of good.

Sorry for the rant guys.

Go dubs.

:banghead:
Born and raised in the muthaf***'n 808 /
Now I reside in the Golden State!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:58 pm
I have to agree... except the draft pick part. Our pick will land us probably a solid player at worst (unless we draft Noah. **** him)
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:29 pm
If the Warriors draft J. Noah, I will renounce my fanship. He will be drafted in the first round, and he'll be lucky if he lasts in the league for more than 3 years. He will be an awful NBA player.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:03 pm
Keep it up boys! a better draft position awaits!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:If the Warriors draft J. Noah, I will renounce my fanship.

I won't. But I'll start hating on Noah since the moment he's drafted...

Let's hope we don't have a pick between 3-5, which are the spots in which he'll (most likely) be picked.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:53 am
TMC wrote:

Let's hope we don't have a pick between 3-5, which are the spots in which he'll (most likely) be picked.

What the fuk's wrong with Noah!? Sounds like he will be an absolute star and can already contribute

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:26 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

What the fuk's wrong with Noah!? Sounds like he will be an absolute star and can already contribute

He won't be a star. He'll be a bust. His success won't translate to the pros.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:26 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

He won't be a star. He'll be a bust. His success won't translate to the pros.

Why do you say that?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:53 am
Because he won't be able to get those same rebounds and blocks which made him famous in college (he's not a strong player, he uses his height to do those things). The NBA is a bigger league. And also, his offensive game is not there (everyone uses the word "potential", but I'm suspicious it's just attention from the NCAA final).

The difference between him and Horford? Strength. Horford's body strength will help his post defense, rebounding, and shot-blocking to translate to the pro level.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:07 pm
JayPat wrote:Because he won't be able to get those same rebounds and blocks which made him famous in college (he's not a strong player, he uses his height to do those things). The NBA is a bigger league. And also, his offensive game is not there (everyone uses the word "potential", but I'm suspicious it's just attention from the NCAA final).

The difference between him and Horford? Strength. Horford's body strength will help his post defense, rebounding, and shot-blocking to translate to the pro level.

Why wouldn't he be able to put on muscle though? His frame looks like a 14 year old. Just put him in the weight room for a while and wait.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:12 pm
Uhhh... when/IF he does that:

1) He'll be at Horford's level (why not just draft Horford in the first place?)

2) He might lose some of the agility he has, while Horford has strength AND athleticism/agility.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:06 pm
JayPat wrote:Uhhh... when/IF he does that:

2) He might lose some of the agility he has, while Horford has strength AND athleticism/agility.

What I read is that Noah put on a fair bit of weight over the last two years and that his frame can put on alot more so there is no reason he can't do that.

The big difference between Noah and Horford, as far as I've read, is that Horford is limited offenseively, while Noah is capable of being a very good scorer already.

The team needs defense and rebounding above all else but the PF attained must have some sort of scoring ability or he will be exploited

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:06 am
migya wrote:The big difference between Noah and Horford, as far as I've read, is that Horford is limited offenseively, while Noah is capable of being a very good scorer already.

A very good scorer against midgets...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:09 am
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:Uhhh... when/IF he does that:

What I read is that Noah put on a fair bit of weight over the last two years and that his frame can put on alot more so there is no reason he can't do that.

The big difference between Noah and Horford, as far as I've read, is that Horford is limited offenseively, while Noah is capable of being a very good scorer already. However, Horford has superior rebounding, defense, strength (which Noah can attain, but Horford already has), which fits the needs of the Warrior team. Also, your post skills don't matter when you get pushed out of the lane.

The team needs defense and rebounding above all else but the PF attained must have some sort of scoring ability or he will be exploited

Fixed.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:58 am
Noah plays in college. He's is tall and he hustles, and has a little bit of talent. That is more than enought to get you by in college. Plus, he had the good fortune of playing on the National Championship team last year, with a lot of really good teammates (Corey Brewer will be a very solid [thoughprobably never an all-star] NBA player). Noah will be worse than Dunleavy. If the Warriors (or anyone else for that matter) use a lottery pick on him, it will be the worst pick since Dunleavy. He shouldn't be touched until AT LEAST 20th. If I were a GM, I wouldn't even look at him until the second round. The amount Morrison was overrated is nothing compared to the hype surrounding Noah.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball