Harrington

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:37 am
BTW, Harrington is averaging 18.6 points and 7.2 boards as a warrior...Is nice, I like it...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:51 am
Point is then - Get rid of Nelson (something I want now) or get rid of Harrington, as him being "the fit at PF for the team" hasn't lead to more wins

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:34 am
migya wrote:Point is then - Get rid of Nelson (something I want now) or get rid of Harrington, as him being "the fit at PF for the team" hasn't lead to more wins

oy...Migya, when Baron and Jrich are healthy, the Ws win. Harrington is not the reason they have been losing. at 18.6 and 7.2 and consistently outperforming his counterparts, he is more than doing his part. Nothing more I can add to this discussion.

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:07 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Point is then - Get rid of Nelson (something I want now) or get rid of Harrington, as him being "the fit at PF for the team" hasn't lead to more wins

oy...Migya, when Baron and Jrich are healthy, the Ws win. Harrington is not the reason they have been losing. at 18.6 and 7.2 and consistently outperforming his counterparts, he is more than doing his part. Nothing more I can add to this discussion.

Well then it will be playoff! If not and the team is healthy I wonder what the verdict by most will be then

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:50 pm
If we want to get a glimpse of how Harrington will do moving forward with the Warriors, we should look at Antoine Walker...only better. While playing for the Pacers, Harrington had an inside as well as an outside game. I would look for continued improvement from Harrington.

Harrington and Jackson bring a toughness that this team needs. Yes, the team needs to play better defense, and yes, the team needs to rebound better; however, Nelson's teams have never done those two things very well.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:52 pm
Harrington is a mini-Jamison ... not a player to build a franchise, but a player that can contribute with the right cast of players. Being a tweener in a land of Amare, KG, Odem, Brand, Randolph, and Duncan, he will never be a long term solution at PF. He will the cost the Warriors in the long run for a couple of reasons. 1. Biedrins will never get the chance to develop as a go to option (less touches) 2. Biedrins will continue to get bad defensive assignment (guard the best post player on the other team like Brand or Randolph and have constant foul issues) 3. Less playing time for any PF/SF we draft 4. His defense is less than mediocre and his rebounding is inconsistent. If Harrington rebounds, shoots a better percentage and keeps in the paint, the Warriors will have a good stop gap fit at the PF position.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:10 pm
uptempo wrote:If we want to get a glimpse of how Harrington will do moving forward with the Warriors, we should look at Antoine Walker...only better. While playing for the Pacers, Harrington had an inside as well as an outside game. I would look for continued improvement from Harrington.

Harrington and Jackson bring a toughness that this team needs. Yes, the team needs to play better defense, and yes, the team needs to rebound better; however, Nelson's teams have never done those two things very well.

Harrington brings absolute NO toughness to this team. Are you kidding me? He is tissue soft. he only get weak rebounds. He plays NO defense. He is just another soft, outside shooting big man.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:42 pm
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

Well then it will be playoff! If not and the team is healthy I wonder what the verdict by most will be then

the verdict by most thoughtful basketball minds will be that a team which only had its 2 best players healthy and together for the last 20 games of the season had too big a hill to climb. If they pull of 14-6 it will be a tremendous and storied run, we will both be thrilled and you will owe me a very tasty bottle of vodka. (BTW, I believe that the Ws with a healthy Baron and Jrich have about a 65% record over the past 2 plus years.)

ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:08 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
uptempo wrote:If we want to get a glimpse of how Harrington will do moving forward with the Warriors, we should look at Antoine Walker...only better. While playing for the Pacers, Harrington had an inside as well as an outside game. I would look for continued improvement from Harrington.

Harrington brings absolute NO toughness to this team. Are you kidding me? He is tissue soft. he only get weak rebounds. He plays NO defense. He is just another soft, outside shooting big man.

I am confused on this one...Are you talking about Harrington or Murphy?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:20 pm
uptempo wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

I am confused on this one...Are you talking about Harrington or Murphy?

Seriously; Al Harrington is one of the best box-out rebounders in the league. If you don't think he's mixing it up, you should watch him a little closer. He doesn't get his ass off the ground, so he won't get many dunks or blocks... but he's certainly more physical than what you're making him sound like.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:01 pm
uptempo wrote:If we want to get a glimpse of how Harrington will do moving forward with the Warriors, we should look at Antoine Walker...only better.

Sorry mate but Walker may have disappeared now with the Heat but he was FAR better than Harrington ever has been when he played for the Celts for some 8 plus seasons! Walker rebounded, scored and passed better than Harrington ever has and likely ever will. A good comparison, as I think Dareedle mentioned, is Jamison. Harrington is looking good as the third option and that is what he is best at being. He is not the answer at PF though

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:06 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

the verdict by most thoughtful basketball minds will be that a team which only had its 2 best players healthy and together for the last 20 games of the season had too big a hill to climb. If they pull of 14-6 it will be a tremendous and storied run, we will both be thrilled and you will owe me a very tasty bottle of vodka. (BTW, I believe that the Ws with a healthy Baron and Jrich have about a 65% record over the past 2 plus years.)

The verdict wil be = Fuk they didn't make it and got another low lottery pick, likely getting nothing good! Another waste of a season or close to it!
Most won't give two cahoots about any late season run because it would just be a repeat of the past few seasons.

You want that bottle I know. 12 more wins and make the playoffs! Uh........ that would be ideal :mrgreen:

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball