If the entire team were healthy....

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:23 am
migya wrote:
dareedle wrote:We will not benefit by tanking unless we can pick up Durant or Oden. Everyone else is a Dunleavy Junior crap shoot. We already have one solid big (PF/C) Biedrins so we only need one more competent big in the mold of Haslem, PJ Brown, David Lee, Matrix, Haywood, Areujua. It is very possible of picking up a true point guard like DJ Agustin even if we make a late season push. Asssuming Nellie is a short term band aid, we need a real traditional offense, so I don't see how Harrington helps as a tweener. We can't draft bigs so there is big advantage of drafting late in the 1st round, we can get the more polished bigs without athletic upside like Boozer or McRoberts or Tayshaun or Nick Fazekas. Our real positon of need ia to replace Harrington in the lineup with an experienced PF that can rebound, set picks and hit pick and pops. At our draft position, we may be more likely to land a marquee true distributing point guard that would allow us to play Ellis at his more natural SG position and a very neccessary insurance for BD and his chronic ailments.

Agree totally! I do think we can get the PF needed in the draft though. There so many PFs that there is bound to be at least one that will end up real good, thing is, will Mullin pick that right one.

I'd like to see Monta become a PG but if he could DEFEND opposing SG well enough (hard as he would always be undersized and their are more superstar SGs than PGs), then maybe drafting a PG (in the 2nd round!) would be the way to go

It sound like both you guys are talking about Josh Powell.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 am
If Josh Powell can really be that PF then Nelson has to be smacked in the head so then maybe he will give the guy alot more court time. As it stands, Powell is solid and doesn't look favoured under Nelson, which is bound to happen with an quality PF as it did with Diogu :banghead:

Maybe the team should draft an outside shooting player, regardless of position. That's the only sort of player that Nelson bothers to look at and allow to play :roll:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:26 am
A PG in the draft would be nice. Baron is clearly the leader of the team now, but, between his injuries and high contract, we need to find another backup/future starter.

Yes, Ellis has done a decent job, but when the W's did not have BD is when they went on the major loss run.

Of course, I'd love a great long PF, (though I am, admittedly, seeing the scheme with Harrinton), but the W's are not getting one of the top ones this year in the draft. MIght be able to get a solid backup for the 4-5 in free agency or through a minor trade.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 am
if the team was healthy, the definitely would be at tops the 6th seed. could have been better. The past two games with the pistons and denver was the first time literally all year that we had a completely healthy team. And it of course is the first time to have Jrich, Baron, along side with their new teammates. Even before the trade murphy, pietrus was getting hurt. I APOLOGIZE I JUST REALIZED... WE HAVENT HAD ZARKO THE WHOLE SEASON HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. SO PARDON ME FOR SAYING COMPLETELY HEALTHY. but as i was saying, i already said before that the warriors should just tank, but after just keeping up with the standings, i cant believe that we still have a decent chance. We are playing the clippers tomorrow, and they have the 8th, we pull a good run for this last stretch and we definitely can get in. and im pretty sure that no matter if we tanked the season, im sure we still wouldnt get oden. of course that is ever teams dream. but just imagine, BD, Jrich, Al, Biedrins, and Oden. Hey we can all dream right :D

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:58 am
First, we should be 3-0 in the last three games. With J-Rich leadership (our only true leader similar to Jamison in Washington) we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (plus Indy goin 0-7 lately). Forget Powell, forget Foyle we don't need another athlete that can't shoot free throws we need a wide body to compliment Biedrins. I would favor Nick Fazekas from Nevada. Right now his stats PPG 20.9 | APG 1.8 | RPG 11.3. He is 14th in Div A in scoring, 4th in rebounding 46.6 at treis and 57.3 field goal percentage. Yes, he doesn't get great competition and may be not lightning quick or a shut down defender (name a Warrior who is) but you can't coach rebounding and a fricking 85% free throw shooter. Compared the shorter Powel, 6'9 or Foyle 6'9.5 Nick has more height 6'11 and decent bulk 240. Instead of getting enamored with another prospect, I am in favor a player from a lesser named school who can help us in a position of need and get in the rotation whether it be a PG or PF. If the Knicks can get a double-double bench warmer with the 30th pick, we don't need to tank the season to get a good player. Playing good teams with injuried/absent forwards helps us big time.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:15 am
Fazekas will be lucky if he's a first rounder. He cannot be a lottery pick, that's for sure.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:46 am
[quote="dareedle"]First, we should be 3-0 in the last three games. With J-Rich leadership (our only true leader similar to Jamison in Washington) we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (plus Indy goin 0-7 lately). Forget Powell, forget Foyle we don't need another athlete that can't shoot free throws we need a wide body to compliment Biedrins. /quote]

Powell has done a good job for a guy who has been playing out of position. He has good power forward size, handles the ball well, and has good offensive and rebounding skills. So lets nor "forget Powell". He is a good addition to the Warrior team. I would like to keep him around for the future. :agrue:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:09 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
dareedle wrote:First, we should be 3-0 in the last three games. With J-Rich leadership (our only true leader similar to Jamison in Washington) we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (plus Indy goin 0-7 lately). Forget Powell, forget Foyle we don't need another athlete that can't shoot free throws we need a wide body to compliment Biedrins. /quote]

Powell has done a good job for a guy who has been playing out of position. He has good power forward size, handles the ball well, and has good offensive and rebounding skills. So lets nor "forget Powell". He is a good addition to the Warrior team. I would like to keep him around for the future. :agrue:

Agreed, we can probably keep him for cheap too.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:56 pm
If Josh Powell can really be that PF then Nelson has to be smacked in the head so then maybe he will give the guy alot more court time. As it stands, Powell is solid and doesn't look favoured under Nelson, which is bound to happen with an quality PF as it did with Diogu

powell is average at best. A decent energy guy off the bench, nothing more
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:39 am
JayPat wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:
dareedle wrote:First, we should be 3-0 in the last three games. With J-Rich leadership (our only true leader similar to Jamison in Washington) we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (plus Indy goin 0-7 lately). Forget Powell, forget Foyle we don't need another athlete that can't shoot free throws we need a wide body to compliment Biedrins.

Agreed, we can probably keep him for cheap too.

If Powell could do what is necessary and still be kept for cheap, that would be one huge plus because it is easy to overpay for a backup who doesn't do much ie. Foyle

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:58 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
If Josh Powell can really be that PF then Nelson has to be smacked in the head so then maybe he will give the guy alot more court time. As it stands, Powell is solid and doesn't look favoured under Nelson, which is bound to happen with an quality PF as it did with Diogu

Pest is right. I'd like to have him coming from the bench... but that's all. And only if he decides to re-sign for cheap.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:17 am
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Pest is right. I'd like to have him coming from the bench... but that's all. And only if he decides to re-sign for cheap.

His time is now. If he works on his game and takes to rebounding, defense and hitting the jump shot, he could be good enough

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball