If the entire team were healthy....

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:59 am
Lets say that the entire team were healthy.... who would the starting lineup be?

Davis, Jackson, Richardson, Harrington, Biedrins

or

Davis, Ellis, Richardson, Harrington, Biedrins

or

Davis, Richardson, Jackson, Harrington, Biedrins

Regardless... look at something....

3pt FG percentage

Davis 27.8%

Ellis 26.6%

Richardson 28.8%

Jackson 32.4%

Regardless of which 3 of these 4 you put on the floor at the 1, 2, and 3 spots they rank dead last in the NBA in 3pt%. I'm not talking about Number 30 ... they rank about number 68 because not only does every other team's starting 3(PG, SG, SF) shoot better.. but their 2nd string shoots better.. and on a few teams.. their 3rd string shoots better. It's absolutely laughable. If this crew doesn't start coughing up some dues for the Masons they are going to be fitted for some concrete shoes and find theirselves sleeping with the fishes. Rebounding isn't the only Warriors problem. Playing a bunch of bricklayers as a unit is just as much of a problem. How do you beat the Warriors if they were all healthy? Play 6 feet off of them and take away the layup.. that's all they can hit. Just venting... I know these bricklayers are going to be playing in front of Azubuike when he gets gets the same rebounds as jackson in 15 fewer minutes and is 3rd in the NBA in 3pt %.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:51 am
I go for Baron at PG, JRich at SG, SJackson at SF, Harrington at PF and Biedrins at Center. Just because SJackson would likely be worse than Harrington at PF otherwise he would go PF and Ellis SG with JRich at SF

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:44 am
migya wrote:I go for Baron at PG, JRich at SG, SJackson at SF, Harrington at PF and Biedrins at Center. Just because SJackson would likely be worse than Harrington at PF otherwise he would go PF and Ellis SG with JRich at SF

I don't think either of those lineups are capable of winning 50% of their games. I just can't see playing 3 bricklayers(or 4) together and expecting to win more than you lose.

I really think that the very best lineup the Warriors could put on the floor with their current roster would be:

Davis, Azubuike, Richardson(rebounding), Harrington, and Beidrins.

Azubuike and Harrington are both in the top 10 in the NBA in 3pt shooting percentage(3rd and 7th respectively) and make up for the awful shooting of baron and jrich. Jrich gets the SF spot because he rebounds way better at the 3 spot than sjax. Azubuike is a better rebounder from the SG spot and is the best shooter on the team. He averages 18pt and 4rbs/gm as a starter and hits a much higher percentage of his shots and let's face it.. with the way the Warriors rebound... a missed shot is basically the same as a turnover.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:20 am
AzubuikeFan wrote:and make up for the awful shooting of baron and jrich

J-Rich is a better shooter than his numbers show this year. He's just a bit out of shape and still trying to recover his touch. Just look at his numbers last season when he shot a .384 3pts...

BD is a decent shooter that, at times, takes too many dumb shots, so I've got nothing to discuss about him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:37 am
AzubuikeFan wrote:
migya wrote:I go for Baron at PG, JRich at SG, SJackson at SF, Harrington at PF and Biedrins at Center. Just because SJackson would likely be worse than Harrington at PF otherwise he would go PF and Ellis SG with JRich at SF

I don't think either of those lineups are capable of winning 50% of their games. I just can't see playing 3 bricklayers(or 4) together and expecting to win more than you lose.

I really think that the very best lineup the Warriors could put on the floor with their current roster would be:

Davis, Azubuike, Richardson(rebounding), Harrington, and Beidrins.

Azubuike and Harrington are both in the top 10 in the NBA in 3pt shooting percentage(3rd and 7th respectively) and make up for the awful shooting of baron and jrich. Jrich gets the SF spot because he rebounds way better at the 3 spot than sjax. Azubuike is a better rebounder from the SG spot and is the best shooter on the team. He averages 18pt and 4rbs/gm as a starter and hits a much higher percentage of his shots and let's face it.. with the way the Warriors rebound... a missed shot is basically the same as a turnover.

Richardson is too good and too small to have at SF permanently, though he would cause matchup problems offensively, at the other end he would find it hard. He is also a good shooter as TMC said. Azu has shown what he has in limited minutes and has a long way to go before he can be considered a starter. I'd like to see him handle the pressure of playing over 30mins a game, I don't think he would fair that well. Harrington can shoot decently but that is about it. He is a liability defensively, doesn't rebound that well for a PF and isn't a good passer. He scores quite a bit (though streaky) and doesn't offer anything else. SJackson at least plays some defense, can pass well and can score in a few different ways. He does shoot too much but he can give in a few different ways. Monta is a revelation and has contributed much to many of the wins of the team this eason

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:47 am
migya wrote: Azu has shown what he has in limited minutes and has a long way to go before he can be considered a starter. I'd like to see him handle the pressure of playing over 30mins a game, I don't think he would fair that well.

Azubuike has already been a starter in 8 games and in those games has averaged 17.3pts/gm and 4.1Rbs/gm while shooting over 52% both overall and from 3pt range.

Granted that 8 games is only 1/10th of an NBA season... but those were his FIRST 8 games as a starter. Don't players generally get BETTER with more experience? Would you like to compare his numbers with the first 8 games as a starter by Ellis or Richardson? Hint, Azubuike is better.

Aubuike has started at SF 5 times and in those games averaged 19pts and 4.8 rbs game.

In the 12 games that he has played 24 minutes or more.. he averages 16.9 points and 4.5 rbs/gm.

His "limited minutes" games (<24 minutes) are what is keeping his stats from embarrassing a lot of very highly paid individuals.

He is a rookie... just learning the NBA game.... he will only get better... How many games must he start or play more than 24 minutes in before he makes you a believer that he is better than your favorites???

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:44 am
My starting 5 would be:
Baron, JRich, SJack, Al, Biedrins.

I like AZ. I see him as that role player that everybody needs. He can get his points with having any plans ran for him. As far as that shooting thing, all of them can shoot. If you look over there career they have all shot over 30% from behind the arc. And it's only been two months for AZ. After 2 months, Monta was shooting over 40% from behind the arc as well.

Even though, Monta's shooting fell off at the time they started trying to make him a true point guard. It looks like this took away from his aggressiveness. He used to be a player that would try (sometimes did) to take a game over at point win the game was in jeopardy. Now, it just looks like he leaves it up to someone else.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:53 pm
with BD, the Ws are a .500 team, whenever he gets injured, they win about 33%, so they are a fringe 8th seed with him healthy. As for the rest, I would start BD, Monta, Jrich, Harrington and Biedrins, with a liberal dose of Sjax and more Azu. My problem with Azu is not his shooting. It is simply that he cannot break down a defense the way that BD, Ellis, Harrington, Jackson, Jrich can, all of whom are more capable of creating their shots. I like him, esp. as a great spot up shooter. Also, Jrich is a far better 3 point shooter than this season, where he has barely played, indicates. A team with BD and Monta starting together would break a lot of teams down.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:23 pm
But the results are unknown with Baron, J Rich & the newly acquired players....
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:55 pm
AzubuikeFan wrote:
migya wrote: Azu has shown what he has in limited minutes and has a long way to go before he can be considered a starter. I'd like to see him handle the pressure of playing over 30mins a game, I don't think he would fair that well.

Azubuike has already been a starter in 8 games and in those games has averaged 17.3pts/gm and 4.1Rbs/gm while shooting over 52% both overall and from 3pt range.

Granted that 8 games is only 1/10th of an NBA season... but those were his FIRST 8 games as a starter. Don't players generally get BETTER with more experience? Would you like to compare his numbers with the first 8 games as a starter by Ellis or Richardson? Hint, Azubuike is better.

Aubuike has started at SF 5 times and in those games averaged 19pts and 4.8 rbs game.

In the 12 games that he has played 24 minutes or more.. he averages 16.9 points and 4.5 rbs/gm.

His "limited minutes" games (<24 minutes) are what is keeping his stats from embarrassing a lot of very highly paid individuals.

He is a rookie... just learning the NBA game.... he will only get better... How many games must he start or play more than 24 minutes in before he makes you a believer that he is better than your favorites???

Nice numbers but it has not only not lead the team to winning anymore but these numbers are only short term and things will only go south for him! He looks very good so far and all credit to him but he is not as good as the mentioned guys, who have shown that they shoot well and have contributed to the team having moderate success this season (not counting SJackson and Harrington on the making the team win moderately part)

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:31 pm
AZ is getting an opportunity to show he deserves more playing time. I'm assuming your happy now :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:04 am
JSU2004 wrote:AZ is getting an opportunity to show he deserves more playing time. I'm assuming your happy now :D

If the team keeps losing sure, keep it up :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:18 pm
If the Warriors were healthy, then I'd think the Warriors playoff drought would end this year. Baron, Jrich, Jackson, Harrington, Biedrins is definitely a run for the playoffs team. But if everyone was healthy and playing 110% a night, Biedrins would be the main man that would need to stay active throughout the game. He's the energy man, he keeps the Warriors playing for 48 minutes.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:31 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:If the Warriors were healthy, then I'd think the Warriors playoff drought would end this year. Baron, Jrich, Jackson, Harrington, Biedrins is definitely a run for the playoffs team. But if everyone was healthy and playing 110% a night, Biedrins would be the main man that would need to stay active throughout the game. He's the energy man, he keeps the Warriors playing for 48 minutes.

The team has the talent to definately be a playoff team, most of us said that at the start of the season but it hasn't happened and it likely won't with some of the players staying. It just hasn't worked with Nelson and I don't think it will in the three years he will be here. The guy did it in Dallas after some 4 seasons and when he leaves, likely a coach with a different philosophy will take over and things will likely get bad again before they get better. You never know

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:46 pm
Well we should be better w/ the new guys and as long as Baron doesn't get seriuosly hurt we should make it.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball