Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:21 pm
let this post die...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:22 pm
and why?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:23 pm
I don't think he's trying to insult your free throws pitch, Bob... I think he's just pointing out that this thread has gotten a little dry. I mean, nobody but you has posted for pretty much an entire month. You keep bumping it up to the top, but nobody's commenting. I think it is time to let this thread die a peaceful death... the way God intended it. :mrgreen:

Jump in on some different threads. And feel free to talk about something other than free throws, too (if you ever feel the need :)).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:32 pm
I totally understand.

#32 wrote: the way God intended it. :mrgreen:

And Dr. Frank Joined This Board On Christmas Day

It's getting toward the end of the basketball year, for some. It's non-stop raining around here. The latest threads are more oriented towards pissing and moaning.

Maybe I should change the name of the thread back ... who really cares about free throws?

That's kind of the way it gets when yo'er losing. When your mind begins to lose. When you lose over and over.

#32 wrote: this thread has gotten a little dry

Interestingly enough, as I recall it ... one of the important rules of success is NEVER QUIT! And ... always use the best possible animations :D

Let's see now .. where should I put that in terms of receiving advice?
Where should you put it ?
The Warriors?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:00 pm
Big B wrote:
#32 wrote:This sort of comment is EXACTLY what I was talking about, Big B. This forum is great for debates and Warrior related chit-chat... but if you're looking for team, player, or organizational support regarding the Warriors, this is probably the last place to check for it. Sometimes I wonder if anybody here (save for myself and a couple level-headed guys) are actually Warrior fans. So much hate's thrown around, people appear as anti-fans instead of Warrior faithful. Then you have guys like loyaltyisacurse that straight up give up on the team. 90% of the people who come here are only here for one reason: to bitch. If you're looking for anything else, you'll probably be disappointed.

#32 and Reginald, your remarks are totally on point. I have nothing more to add. :D

No matter what you think or say ... if YOU play basketball with ANY SKILL AT ALL .. yo'er going to end up at the free throw line. You wanna end up ... you plan to end up ... hello ... 20 percent of the game.

So ... if yo'er a little disgusted at negative thinking ... if you disagree ... take some time out "with the Master."

Step up to the line and make a MINIMUM of 90 Percent Of Your Three Throws ... Barnett says you lose 10% in the game so if you wanna be ANY GOOD AT ALL ... use that brain of yours to figure out a way YOU CAN MAKE 90 Percent and then DO IT! ... Use your think time, your off time, your casual time, your sleep time, your dream time to VISUALIZE MAKING THIS SHOT. ¤¿¤

AMEN?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:37 pm
3 for 17 .... COME ON ...
That's more free throws missed than Rick Barry missed in ONE WHOLE YEAR!

You can TALK about ANYTHING you want .. BUT being 3 for 17
from the FREE THROW LINE ... is IMPOSSIBLE !!!

IT SIMPLY CANNOT HAPPEN ...

HELLO ?
Let this thread DIE ???
Seems to me SOMEBODY needs to BREATHE SOME SERIOUS
LIFE into this thread

YOU CANNOT SHOOT 3 for 17 from the FREE THROW LINE.

IT CANNOT HAPPEN!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:55 pm
what will this thread do?

it aint working. it aint helping them shoot FT's... just clogging up the front page with yesterday's news.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:09 pm
The Warriors freethrow shooting is awful and they need to change this. Been the same thing all season!

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:37 am
Have I mentioned ... ???
This is Easy !!!

But Thorburn, a 71 percent free-throw shooter, hit 1-of-2 from the line when she could have sent Utah to its first Final Four ever by making them both with 7.8 seconds to go in regulation. Instead, it was tied at 63 after 40 minutes.

So far as The Warriors go .. it's been the same for "how long?"

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:45 am
seriously dude. not to be offensive or anything. but you have a sick obsession with free throw. I bet if the game was on the line, you rather watch free throws then a Jrich Spin Move Trea
New. Stuff.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:46 am
drfrank wrote:what will this thread do?

it aint working. it aint helping them shoot FT's... just clogging up the front page with yesterday's news.

See today's news ... above
Get ready for tomorrow's news :agrue:

Uh .. Dr. Frank

How's Your Free Throw Shooting?
How about your brain?

Do you THINK it's possible that "The Warriors" could become EXCELLENT FREE THROW SHOOTERS?

http://www.socool.com/rkennedy/thinketh.html

Can you think of an EASIER achieveable goal?

Could they do BOTH?

IF IT STARTS IN THE BRAIN ....

Then .. WHEN did "The Warriors" change their minds?

That's when THE IMPROVEMENT BEGAN!!!

An unending progression of positive goals, actions and achievements.
Has it begun FOR YOU?

OR

Would you prefer .. as so many obviously do ... to discuss the "reasons" why a guy who gets paid like a professional basketball player .. is able to step on the floor ... night after night .. and make ...

35 percent of his free throws

45 percent of their free throws ...

71 percent of ....

The Golden State Warriors will improve their free throw percentage .. their game winning percentage ... when ...

a) this thread and ALL that it stands for ... disappears
b) when ONE Golden State Warrior ... hears the message ... listens .. and TAKES ACTIONS based upon "IT"

The "magic" of "free choice."
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:57 am
BT wrote:seriously dude. not to be offensive or anything. but you have a sick obsession with free throw. I bet if the game was on the line, you rather watch free throws then a Jrich Spin Move Trea

Really ???
The goal, near as I can figure, in the situation you describe, should be to make that spin move, make the shot, get fouled, go to the free throw line ... and MISS???

I'm a 60 year old man who plays basketball once a week if i'm VERY LUCKY .. and I can certainly make 70 percent of my free throws ... WITHOUT
ANY PRACTICE ...

Sick obsession with what?
With the game on the line ... I prefer winning. even though I'm still ... A Golden State Warrior ... fan.

Sick obsession ... HELLO ??? No matter what you say .. what anybody says ... the very next game ... if you're in it .. you'll be standing at the free throw line.

Would you like to have a FREE THROW CONTEST?
Last edited by SoCooLBob on Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
I'm a 89% FT shooter.
New. Stuff.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:05 pm
Explain to me how Jim Barnett can ... night after night after night ...
suggest ... MAYBE ... Biedrens "ought" to "try" shooting his free throws underhanded ...

Go ahead .. have a marvelous time with WHATEVER IT IS about

a) The Golden State Warriors
b) YOU
c) People in general ..

That would cause them NOT TO GET SOME INSTRUCTION AND SHOOT
THIS SHOT

Let's see .. have I mentioned ...

SHOOTING AN UNDERHAND FREE THROW SUCCESSFULLY is easier than making a 6 foot putt !!!

FOR ANYBODY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention that yet?

Let's see .. which member of the Golden State Warriors is

a) listening?
b) ???

If you want to be a winner would it help to think like a winner?

This guy is clearly "obsessed." He just keeps standing at the free throw line, shooting and making free throws.

Stand
Grip
Bend The Wrists
Lift
Follow Through
SWISH !!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:07 pm
BT wrote:I'm a 89% FT shooter.

AND ???
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball