Who Really Cares About Free Throws?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:38 pm
Hobbes,

I’m not sure if someone has already proposed this or not, but how about we do this the democratic way and have members take a vote on this:

Stays as it is:

Move it to Sports Board:

Move to Off Topic:

Retire the thread:

Delete the thread:

BTW: this is my first time responding to this thread, but we really have to do something. Let’s at least take vote and take it from there.

Thanks,

CjR
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:26 pm
Stays as it is:

Move it to Sports Board: 1

Move to Off Topic:

Retire the thread:

Delete the thread:

EDIT: this vote will do nothing, they voted to stop it once already
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=2704
ImageImage
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:40 pm
Stays as it is:

Move it to Sports Board: 2

Move to Off Topic:

Retire the thread:

Delete the thread:

tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote: EDIT: this vote will do nothing, they voted to stop it once already
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=2704


That was a close one and a total of just 9 votes. Good idea on this one:

Next...

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:16 pm
Delete it all together: 1

Its gotten to the point of being weird, like eat your neighbors weird.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:23 pm
hobbes needs to do this
Image
ImageImage
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:34 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:hobbes needs to do this
Image


LMAO (over and over again)! This video is super classic! Pest has finally had enough. You’re killing me, man!
Last edited by CjR on Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:38 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:hobbes needs to do this
Image


Funniest thing ive seen on this board! Has to be an instant GoldenStWarriors.com Hall of Fame image.

PS> if someone can put dungs face on the womens that would be killer.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:46 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:hobbes needs to do this
Image

That's not right. The mod's not going apeshit on somebody else for sitting exactly like the old woman. :mrgreen:

CjR wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote: EDIT: this vote will do nothing, they voted to stop it once already
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=2704


That was a close one and a total of just 9 votes.

That thread, like this one, never stood a chance.

The 4 votes Bob gathered were pure sympathy votes. Somehow, during the first beef a few months back, migya or somebody began claiming Bob was getting "picked on", that sort of talk picked up steam, and the whole thing backfired.

I'm not voting again. I've said my piece once before. I've tried (logically, persistently, and, at one time, forcefully) to have this thread retired properly and nothing came of it. Votes will do nothing; I'm guessing hobbes sees this as a debate of principle. Although I haven't gathered much information regarding his personality from the few times I've seen him post, the one thing I can confidently say of hobbes is that he disapproves of censorship (in any way, shape, or form).

While calling the shutting down of this thread "censorship" is debatable, I'm not going to tell a guy what to do with his forum. If he considers non-Warrior-related links to donkey porn to be "spam", but wont say the same about pages and pages of non-Warrior-related, free-throw propaganda posted by a guy whose purely in business for himself, than that's his decision.

Personally, I find ignoring Bob much more satisfying (and fruitful) than trying to talk reason into him.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:11 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:hobbes needs to do this
Image


Funniest thing ive seen on this board! Has to be an instant GoldenStWarriors.com Hall of Fame image.

of course, I posted it :mrgreen:

PS> if someone can put dungs face on a womens that would be killer.

fixed that for you and here ya go
Image
ImageImage
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:25 pm
#32 wrote:Bob, I'm done arguing with you. And I have been for a while. There's no sense in trying to start things back up. It's over. Move on.


Amazing how consistent ya'll can be ...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:36 pm
uptempo wrote:I am a bit confused here. Please help me on this one.

Can somebody please explain to me how this thread has anything to do with Golden State Warriors basketball?

I am completely lost on this one.


I can't help but suspect you don't really want an answer.
Of course, if you did, it would probably be to simply point out that
despite the fact that one person has attempted to demonstrate there
is clearly a better way to shoot free throws ...

a way that should yield, even to a semi-athlete a minimum of
80 percent success ...

The Golden State Warriors continue to be one of the worst free throw
shooting teams in the NBA ... AND ... many, many, many people would
rather shoot the messenger, than even attempt to shoot this simple, simple shot, this simple, simple way.

Amazing that SO MANY could even be offended when the subject is
"brought up."

Amazing that SO MANY could be so offended, and continue to PROTEST
in such a vociferous fashion.

It is apparently "better" to SO MANY ... to protest, ridicule, crititicize, behave so negatively ... than it would ever be to simply try the shot
and IMPROVE.

Amazing.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:09 pm
Alright, it was last at:

Stays as it is:

Move it to Sports Board: 2

Move to Off Topic:

Retire the thread:

Delete the thread: 1

#32 wrote: While calling the shutting down of this thread "censorship" is debatable, I'm not going to tell a guy what to do with his forum. If he considers non-Warrior-related links to donkey porn to be "spam", but wont say the same about pages and pages of non-Warrior-related, free-throw propaganda posted by a guy whose purely in business for himself, than that's his decision.


I hear ya, but I’m not suggesting censorship. Moving to an appropriate place would be a good start.

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:19 pm
CjR wrote:Alright, it was last at:

Stays as it is:

Move it to Sports Board: 2

Move to Off Topic:

Retire the thread:

Delete the thread: 1

#32 wrote: While calling the shutting down of this thread "censorship" is debatable, I'm not going to tell a guy what to do with his forum. If he considers non-Warrior-related links to donkey porn to be "spam", but wont say the same about pages and pages of non-Warrior-related, free-throw propaganda posted by a guy whose purely in business for himself, than that's his decision.


I hear ya, but I’m not suggesting censorship. Moving to an appropriate place would be a good start.


This thread has no business being on this board. It is not related in any way to Golden State Warrior basketball.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:25 pm
So, what vote is that, Uptempo? :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:31 pm
Again, if you don't want to take part of it, don't read this thread!!!!

I'll talk with TMC and hobbes about moving it to the Sports Section since there are a few of you that find it that much of a nuisance. I'm trying to keep it democratic but the fact is - If you don't like it, just ignore it, it isn't in your face but easily ignored
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

cron