Who Really Cares About Free Throws?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:17 pm
SoCô¿ôL Bob Wins A Free Throw Contest

... and get's congratulations from Rick ô¿~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:38 am
There is a National Free Throw Contest Saturday April 23rd.
Sponsored by the Elks Club and this year, for the first time, affiliated with the Naismith National Basketball Hall of Fame Museum, this thirty year young contest features participants from the age of 8 to 13

Free Throw Factoid
Guess who is a past champion of this free throw contest ... when he was 10 or 11 ?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:04 pm
SoCooLBob wrote:There is a National Free Throw Contest Saturday April 23rd.
Sponsored by the Elks Club and this year, for the first time, affiliated with the Naismith National Basketball Hall of Fame Museum, this thirty year young contest features participants from the age of 8 to 13

Free Throw Factoid
Guess who is a past champion of this free throw contest ... when he was 10 or 11 ?

Did Adonal Foyle win that FT contest. Better yet April 23rd is the start of our offseason, IT wouldn't do him any harm entering and relizing 10 and 11 year olds can shoot better then him? :-)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:00 pm
Nope .. not Foyle ..

We could all benefit from the principles of self improvement ô¿~
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:49 pm
Want to participate?

SoCooLBob@Yahoo.Com
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:38 pm

8 Meg Quicktime Movie Rick Barry Fantasy Camp Sneak Preview

22 Meg Quicktime Movie Rick Barry Fantasy Camp Sneak Preview

It's All Good !!!

I have about 12 hours of digital tape from the Rick Barry Fantasy Baseketball Camp. I'll be reviewing tape and editing a Special 60 Minutes for the campers, coaches, staff, etc. It includes instruction in a number of skills, camper competitions and games and a little "chalk talk" ... "ask me anything" bull session that could prove quite entertaining, some of which you will definitely NOT see ô¿~

Hey look. Who cares if you can make 80 percent of your free throws, shoot the over hand shot correctly, play the pick and roll on offense AND defense ... it's just a game ... Fantasy Campers offer the additional lesson that you're never too "old," "anything," to improve.

Stay Tuned For Frequent Updates
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:07 pm

The SoCô¿ôL Moment ... High Speed Video
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:22 am
Shaq Watch - Miami Heat Bulletin Board

If you've not seen it before, Congratulations !
You can check it out NOW ô¿~

One things for sure. Year in, year out, game in and game out, practice after practice - FREE THROWS ARE IMPORTANT! To EVERY basketball player.

Coming Soon ...

New Highlights From The Number Two Free Throw Shooter In NBA History - Guess Who?

Those who have been following this "conversation" ... these "videos" ... this "instruction" .... those who have "practiced" what to learn ... will be getting A LOT BETTER at MAKING FREE THROWS.

Those few ...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:37 pm
A copy of this message .. just exactly like this ... is posted on The Miami Heat Bulletin Board

It is with GREAT PLEASURE

On this Special Day !!!

That SoCô¿ôL.Com Presents The Following High Speed Video

Rick Barry Fantasy Basketball Underhand Free Throw Preview

IF you have any problem viewing the html ... HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION IS VERY NECESSARY ... you can Download the .mov file direct

All of this to:

a) Wish You A Very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakah, Happy Holiday, Good Day Off {hopefully}, Have A Great Game !!!

b) Encourage a small amount of attention
to the subject of "free throws" and other small changes that can and do make a tremendous difference in results in a lot of different areas in EVERYONE/ANYONE'S life :banghead:

Please believe that it is not SoCô¿ôL's intention to "pick on" and/or criticize Shaquille O'Neal or ANYONE ELSE. Our role model, example, could as easily be Detroit's Ben Wallace, Golden State's ??? and/or at one level or another, at least 75% of the ball players in EVERY BASKETBALL LEAGUE Rather, it is to highlight this small quirky action that ends up to be so much a part of one of all of our favorite games.

WATCH
You'll SEE
Maybe not today but just about EVERY DAY
Somebody's going to have a VERY IMPORTANT SHOT to miss or make from the FREE THROW LINE.

People who don't make 80 percent of their free throws are playing with the same balls ô¿~

Happy Holidays !!!

For those interested in a little more high speed video and a little more
Merry Christmas ... CHECK THIS OUT !!!

A Special High Speed Video
Wishing Everyone A Very Merry Merry Christmas

A SoCô¿ôL Christmas html
A SoCô¿ôL Christmas ... Download The .mov File

Merry, Merry Christmas !!! :D
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:12 pm
Who REALLY CARES about free throws .... ???

Did you know that there is only ONE Golden State Warrior who has shot ten or more free throws this year who shoots more than 80 percent ?

Did you know that in the video clip highlight of Rick Barry's Fantasy Basketball Camp / Underhand Free Throws that Rick Barry comments that even SoCô¿ôL Bob ... at the age of 60 .. not playing a lot of basketball ... while undergoing chemotherapy ... using a method similar to Rick Barry's ... can shoot 80 PERCENT!

So then, why are ENTIRE TEAMS like The Golden State Warriors shooting an average of 70 percent? And not even "thinking" about getting some "instruction?"

Happy Holidays !!!

Download The Movie Direct

More SoCô¿ôL Moments including a previous Fantasy Camp version of Rick Barry teaching underhand free throws.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:54 pm
Lately I've been using the expression ...

Who really cares about free throws? :banghead:

Look ...' JRich' ... one of Golden State's Super Stars ... BIG GAME vs the Lakers

Four For Ten From The Line

Who cares that nearly 20 percent of all NBA Points are scored from the foul line? Kobi, on this night, 28% of his?

Who cares that IF the Warriors had hit Almost ALL of their free throws this night .. they would have won the game?

I mean who cares? enough to think? and practice?

Who cares? :cry:

Last edited by SoCooLBob on Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:16 pm
"It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice.

-allen gunther iverson
Last edited by drfrank on Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:07 pm
You really like freethrows don't you SoCoolBob!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:51 pm
free throws are essential to an elite scorer.. until Jrich can get to the line 6-8 times a night and make at least 75% of his FT's.. he wont be averaging 25+

i agree with bob u just have to make free throws its free points, its money. You are paid millions of dollars to play basketball and its sad how they cant hit at least 75% when someone regular on the streets can probably nail 75% of his FT's.

btw. what happened to Jrich's second year when he was hitting 76%
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:20 pm
Thanks for the positive response.

AND .. my apologies for not responding sooner. I'm not getting the email
notifications I should be getting ... don't know why.

YEAH - see, I'm wondering, what does it really take for folks who oughta care ... namely basketball players ... to get THEM serious about making
their doggone free throws ...

ESPECIALLY WHEN A SMALL AMOUNT OF MENTAL ANALYSIS
would suggest

a) this is something that CAN be done
b) it CAN be achieved in a relatively short period of time
c) the first few who ACTUALLY DO IT are going to become QUITE FAMOUS
for having the BRAINS and COURAGE and INTELLIGENCE to DO SOMETHING that WILL WORK!

Someone suggested ... I like free throws don't I SoCô¿ôL BOB.
Hey look ya'll ... I'm 60 years old. I ain't going to be doing any
slam dunks, physically, anytime soon that I know of ...

{why don't short people play on 8 foot baskets?}

BUT .. I CAN MAKE THIS SHOT ...

http://www.socool.com/tv/current/102bobsfreethrows.mov

AND

I CAN'T, DON'T WANT TO, "UNDERSTAND" anybody WHO "CAN'T?"

So let's see - who wants to be a REAL LEADER on the Golden State Warriors?

Underhand Trivia Quiz -

Who is the former Golden State Warrior who went from LESS THAN
50 PERCENT FREE THROWS one season in the NBA ... to 88 percent in a different season in the NBA, and did it underhanded?

Who CARES? :banghead:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball