I say keep losing

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:20 pm
There no way in hell that we re going to make the playoff now so i say keep losing to get the draft pick thats the best thing that can happen to us now is to get that high pick in the draft
This is the year

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:26 pm
if they get out of the playoff hunt, just gives more reason to put in cabarkapa :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:30 pm
That's like... retarded. As much I'd like to see KD or Oden spotting a Warriors jersey next season, it just can't. The Warriors need to make the playoffs this year. The lottery is somewhat of an annual holiday for the Warriors these past years. I'm tired of it, I'm tired of the disappointing draftees besides Jrich, Monta, and POB in the making. The playoffs are not only what the fans need, it's what the Warriors as a team need. And plus at best, we'd end up with the 8th-10th spot. That is not worth getting.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:45 pm
We've drafted well, bro. Ike was a good pick (he just didn't fit), POB OK pick, Monta and Biedrins excellent pick, J-Rich and Tmurph good picks (considering Murph was 14), ARENAS, and Pietrus was an OK pick considering he wasn't picked that high.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:50 pm
JayPat wrote:We've drafted well, bro. Ike was a good pick (he just didn't fit), POB OK pick, Monta and Biedrins excellent pick, J-Rich and Tmurph good picks (considering Murph was 14), ARENAS, and Pietrus was an OK pick considering he wasn't picked that high.

:oops: Forgot 'bout those guys. What I was trying to say was that I was tired of the lottery. I want to see some basketball after the first three weeks in April! I believe the Warriors can do it... but for some reason, Monta is the only one who consistently performs well.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm
It's cause we need a PG. A real one. With Baron back, and J-Rich + new guys we will kick ass. Otherwise, we suck.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:13 pm
Ya can't make excuses for bad!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:37 am
hellkiller wrote:There no way in hell that we re going to make the playoff now so i say keep losing to get the draft pick thats the best thing that can happen to us now is to get that high pick in the draft

Too late to do that. We're going to pick 9th (at best), barring a miracle in the lottery.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:36 am
TMC wrote:
hellkiller wrote:There no way in hell that we re going to make the playoff now so i say keep losing to get the draft pick thats the best thing that can happen to us now is to get that high pick in the draft

Too late to do that. We're going to pick 9th (at best), barring a miracle in the lottery.

If the teeam only wins say, 20% of their remaining games they could well finish with the 5th to 7th worst record in the nba. Hawks, Bobcats, Sonics and Kings have all got some wins recently and so the Warriors could fall really far, a good or a bad thing but it could happen after this road trip even if they lose them all

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
JayPat wrote:It's cause we need a PG. A real one. With Baron back, and J-Rich + new guys we will kick ass. Otherwise, we suck.

Can you elaborate on who these "new guys" are you think will make this team a playoff caliber team?

This team does NOT need a point guard. That is for sure. Whether Baron or Monta is playing the 1, this team is fine in that department. What this team needs is to play defense and rebound. Getting the current players to either put forth the effort to play better defense and rebound or probably a better bet would be to bring in a few hard nosed players to toughen this team up. Andris is a good center that will only get better, but he needs help from the 4 position right now and he is NOT getting any help whatsoever from Al Harrington.

Unfortunately, there is not likely a quick fix to the Warriors problems. Unless some big trades are made, this team will likely be close to the same next season as I do not see any younger players on the current roster contributing much more than they are now to immensely improve the team. We will see though.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:05 am
I meant we need another PG to spell Baron. Monta is not ready yet. And at almost full strength (Baron, J-Rich, Beans, + new guys Jax/Harrington minimum) then we can make judgment. But I'm pretty sure we will kick ass.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:08 am

Strategically, I'd rather see if the warriors try to win on this stretch of road games. If they can't win, then they position themselves to get the 1st pick in the draft. Give JRich and BD some time to rest their bodies and give key minutes to the bench players to give them some playing experience.

Honestly, the way we've been playing the past couple of years have been painfully at mediocre. Not good enough to make the playoffs and not good enough to get a good chance at the top pick. (of which I hear is a loaded class for big men)
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 am
TMC wrote:

I stand corrected...
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:36 am
Tank the season for Kevin Durant.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:39 am
We'll have to trade for either of those two.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball