Don Nelson and the front office...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:15 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:Unfortunately TMC, hakf the games are on the road. Also, our home record isn't all that great either. I think more so than the road losts are the home losts to teams that we should have beat.

Of the last 3 coaches, Musselman actually did the best job. Nelly actually had bettr players but his coaching has been atrocious. Players today respond better to the younger coaches. None of these guys saw Nelly play. To them he is just an old relic. He has never won anything. He can't relate to todays athlete. I felt the same way about my Dallas Cowboys and Bill Parcells.

Like I said before in a post I made a few weeks ago. Nelly is not the guy for this team and Nelly ball is dead. The only team that can run and gun is the Suns (sorry for being up front and honest on how I feel).
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:06 am
Yes, Nellie ball is dead. Even the Mav's didn't go far until he was out of the scene--its still the same team he had, but they've gone to the Finals, and are the best team in the land WITHOUT Nellie.

I think that maybe NELLIE is dead. He doesn't coach. He rarely calls out plays (do they have any?). His substitutions are sometimes completely non-existant, leaving a squad in for far too long, even when they are incompetent. When he does substitute in players, it seems fairly random. Too many times I've seen a player called from the bench looking like they had no idea they were going in. He makes no changes in the 'game plan' at the half, or against differnt opponents.

Nellie is done. He even pretty much said so last night. And, of course, we are stuck with a team that was built for him. Nice.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am
Put a fork in Nelly, even HE has conceded that he has failed:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_5329404

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:46 pm
I agree with you Reginald BD is nothing special in this league! There are other PG's his size around the league and this league has alot of great PG's!

He doesn't do anything special that other PG's in the league can't do! OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop it with why BD didn't make it as an All-Star!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:13 am
J-Rich wrote:I agree with you Reginald BD is nothing special in this league! There are other PG's his size around the league and this league has alot of great PG's!

He doesn't do anything special that other PG's in the league can't do! OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you watched a single game this year?. BD's only problem is that he cannot stay healthy. Other than that, he's a top PG on the league.

Oh well, you'd probably trade him for Charlie Ward...

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:29 pm
Even when BD is on the floor he is not that valuable to his team like a Deron Williams or Chris Paul or Nash!!! With him on the floor the W's have lost alot of games so it really doesn't matter whether he is healthy or not!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:13 am
J-Rich wrote:Even when BD is on the floor he is not that valuable to his team like a Deron Williams or Chris Paul or Nash!!! With him on the floor the W's have lost alot of games so it really doesn't matter whether he is healthy or not!

Ok, you have 3 PGs better than him (Nash is clearly better, the others are arguably better... At least, I'd rather have Deron or Paul than Baron, but that doesn't mean Baron is not a great PG).

Any other PG better than him?. Kidd (also Iverson and Arenas, although I consider them better overall players, not better PGs)... and that's all.

In other words, Baron is a top PG in the league, like it or not. His problem is that he doesn't stay healthy, just that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:57 am
TMC wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Even when BD is on the floor he is not that valuable to his team like a Deron Williams or Chris Paul or Nash!!! With him on the floor the W's have lost alot of games so it really doesn't matter whether he is healthy or not!

Ok, you have 3 PGs better than him (Nash is clearly better, the others are arguably better... At least, I'd rather have Deron or Paul than Baron, but that doesn't mean Baron is not a great PG).

Any other PG better than him?. Kidd (also Iverson and Arenas, although I consider them better overall players, not better PGs)... and that's all.

In other words, Baron is a top PG in the league, like it or not. His problem is that he doesn't stay healthy, just that.

And you say that Baron has no value :roll: :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:30 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

If he can't stay healthy, not much. It's a different thing. He can be a great player when he plays, but if he can't play, he's worthless...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:27 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

If he can't stay healthy, not much. It's a different thing. He can be a great player when he plays, but if he can't play, he's worthless...

BOO!

You said it yourself, he's good 8)

:mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:52 pm
WEAK!!! OVERATED!!! BD is useless nobody would want to trade for him! He has no value!

Tell that man to hang it up! And take the rest of the season to rest his knee before he misses another chunk of next season!

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:10 pm
Every player on the Warrior roster with the only exception being Biedrins is completely over-rated. Ellis our best prospect, is a dime a dozen tweener with limited PG skills, and should be decent trade bait for a bonafide big before he gets a big fat unmovable contract. Currently, Kevin Martin of the Kings is a much better two guard than Ellis but the point is that the Warriors are in love with our mediocre players including the hard working J-Rich. Look at Kobe, his only flaw is being a ball hog. The Warriors are loaded with players that are ball hogs with a long list of other faults, bad defense, bad free throw shooting, can't stay healthy. If we trade Biedrins, it might take our franchise a Webber decade to find another decent big. If we trade Ellis, BD, J-Rich or Harrington ... gee it might take us two whole drafts to find a comparable talent or upgrade. Besides Biedrins or Ellis, I don't think Mullin gets too many calls inquiring about trades.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:21 pm
To say that Mullin is a terrible evaluator of talent is a bit harsh. Remember he STOLE Ellis in the 2nd round 2 years ago and he took a chance on biedrens (who a lot of analysts gave him crap for)....yes he has made some poor descisions but he is still learning on the job, and it will be sweet when Mully is the one who facilitates our rise from the ashes!!!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:24 pm
Agreed. He's already even done that (look at our team pre-Mullin!)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:37 pm
TMC wrote:
J-Rich wrote:I agree with you Reginald BD is nothing special in this league! There are other PG's his size around the league and this league has alot of great PG's!

Have you watched a single game this year?. BD's only problem is that he cannot stay healthy. Other than that, he's a top PG on the league.

Oh well, you'd probably trade him for Charlie Ward...

2 thoughts, tmc...
1) you have the patience of a veritable saint
2) where IS Charlie Ward?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball