Don Nelson and the front office...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:49 am
This thread is so fukin hilarious I almost shat myself with laughter reading through it! I fukin love you guys!!!! :D

Just my points to be added:

1. Reason why the team is worse in rebounding after the trade is not because of Murphy's whorish low rebounding numbers of 5 and a half but the fact that both he and Diogu got some boards in their minutes while Harrington is really the only replacement for rebounds and he hasn't replaced them completely at all. Anther thing, Barnes and Pietrus are playing less and not as good since the trade so in reality, it is the decrease in minutes of the guys who were contributing alot to the team before the trade since dun and Murphy were playing less time than they were in previous seasons.

And yea Colt, we would get beaten by some 100 points :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:01 am
breezer_79 wrote:How about some of you guys actually SUPPORT the team rather than trying to tear them down at every turn.

We're Warriors fans for f*cks sakes, long suffering for sure but we all made the choice to support/follow this team. How about instead of bitching every other thread ya'll form a constructive post directed towards the effectiveness and successfulness of the team???

Just because we are all Warriors fans are we simply supposed to accept to mediocrity from our team night in and night out? That answer to me is a resounding no.

There are a number of Warriors fans who are sick and tired of the losing and would like to see the playoffs for once. In order for that to happen coaches, general managers, owners and players all need to be held accountable.

Specifically looking at the players and coach, it does not seem Nellie holds his players responsible for their horrible play. He literally seems to just throw his team out on the floor with absolutely no game plan against the opposition. No attention is payed to defense and rebounding and that to me as a Warrior fan is frustrating.

My brother-in-law, who is NOT a Warriors fan, was watching the game with me last night and he saw Nellie and said, "it does not even look like Nellie cares or is interested in the game." This was in the first quarter people!!!

I will agree that this is NOT the best roster in the league and injuries have not helped things out, but all teams deal with injuries. It is the job of a coach to take the talent he has and mold them together to play well as a team. You can't tell me that the Hornets, Raptors, Bulls and even the Timberwolves have more talent than the Warriors. Each of those teams does NOT yet all of them are better than the Warriors.

Nellie needs to either put some effort into this job or he needs to take a quick flight back to Hawaii and let someone else come in who will give a damn and hold these players responsible for their actions or lack thereof on the floor.

Nellie might be a favorite of the players, but that is only because he lets them jack up any shot they want and does not care about them playing defense. Unfortunately that combination is not a winning one and it is one of the many reasons this team is NOT going to make the playoffs yet again.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:57 am
Alright you want something positive about the team! How about this last year under Monty the team only got blown out only 3 times last year.

This year alone God knows how many times the W's have been blownout!

I can accept it. Only if the W's put up a good solid effort night in night out. Man it's gotten so bad I just quit watching the game in the beginning of the 2nd quarter. It's like watching a high varsity bball team play against their JV team!

I expect another blowout to the Bulls tonight!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:18 am
anybody remember how Fortson got his rebounding numbers with the warriors? about 50% were off his own misses. Why would we want him back?
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:01 pm
J-Rich wrote: How about this last year under Monty the team only got blown out only 3 times last year.

does everyone see this? he actually ended a sentence with just a period... :shock:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:04 pm
aletha33 wrote:
J-Rich wrote: How about this last year under Monty the team only got blown out only 3 times last year.

does everyone see this? he actually ended a sentence with just a period... :shock:

Yeah, he never used more than one ! ... and seems semi-coherent.

He can't be J-Rich. Probably someone posting from his computer. :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:21 pm
The reason why this season is so disappointing iks because expectations were so high. Then expectations were high after the DunMurphy trade. Expectations were high with Nelly being hired.

Everyone of us owe Monty a big apology. The players are not very good.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:43 pm
They're good, there's just no glue. It's a bunch of people hoisting up shots.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:20 pm
i find myself saying to my friends..."****ing warriors?!?!" after every game. even people who watch the game with me have noticed that the warriors offense is just a bunch of random shots tossed into the air and horrible defense. i wonder if the team is even trying... i feel bad for jason richardson though because i know that he cares about his fans :P *sigh* at least there's hope in the sf giants :D :bday:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:35 pm
aaustria wrote:i find myself saying to my friends..."****ing warriors?!?!" after every game. even people who watch the game with me have noticed that the warriors offense is just a bunch of random shots tossed into the air and horrible defense. i wonder if the team is even trying... i feel bad for jason richardson though because i know that he cares about his fans :P *sigh* at least there's hope in the sf giants :D :bday:

uuuuhhhh....ya think it might be cuz we don't have BD? (he types rhetorically)

not to point this directly to you..
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:53 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:The reason why this season is so disappointing iks because expectations were so high. Then expectations were high after the DunMurphy trade. Expectations were high with Nelly being hired.

I agree that the expectations were high but not too high that the team couldn't reach it. Making the playoffs was what everyone expected, I for one thought a 5th or 6th seed and it has been another disappointment

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:05 am
My 2 cents on the Warriors. I consider myself a big fan also and have been frustrated more than ever this season. There lots of problems I see with the team.

First of all, the offense. No ball movement, no offensive plays that I can really see. Of course, there is no Baron Davis, but I have to agree with the common sentiment that Baron is not a viable option for the Warriors due to his constant injuries. What the Warriors need is a total pass-first, scrappy point guard. Players that come to mind are Kirk Hinrich and maybe Steve Blake. There are soo many chuckers on the team that a scoring point guard would hurt the team. Also, maybe someone can correct me but has anyone seen an offensive play other than the pick and roll? And why does it always have to involve Biedrins, every time! This is one of the reasons why there are we have no offensive rebouding. Our best rebounder is oftentimes too far from the basket to catch a rebound. Looking at the team on paper, especially the starting 5 (when healthy), the Warriors look pretty solid. They have people that can score and are athletic. But they don't have that one player that is willing to feed everyone the ball. Because of the lack of ball movement, I see this contributing to the lack of energy overall in the team.

As for the defense, all I can say is, perhaps the zone defense experiment has failed.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:36 am
migya wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:The reason why this season is so disappointing iks because expectations were so high. Then expectations were high after the DunMurphy trade. Expectations were high with Nelly being hired.

I agree that the expectations were high but not too high that the team couldn't reach it. Making the playoffs was what everyone expected, I for one thought a 5th or 6th seed and it has been another disappointment

:dontknow: I'm not sure about that, Reggie. As Migya says, the expectatives were reaching the playoffs (I expected the team to put a fight and finally get the 8th seed, tho. Never though we had a chance at the 5th-6th seed).

Those were attainable objectives. Keep in mind we've been really close to the playoffs til the last few games... and only our inability to win on the road is killing our chances at the postseason.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:49 am
Unfortunately TMC, hakf the games are on the road. Also, our home record isn't all that great either. I think more so than the road losts are the home losts to teams that we should have beat.

Of the last 3 coaches, Musselman actually did the best job. Nelly actually had bettr players but his coaching has been atrocious. Players today respond better to the younger coaches. None of these guys saw Nelly play. To them he is just an old relic. He has never won anything. He can't relate to todays athlete. I felt the same way about my Dallas Cowboys and Bill Parcells.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:49 am
Unfortunately TMC, hakf the games are on the road. Also, our home record isn't all that great either. I think more so than the road losts are the home losts to teams that we should have beat.

Of the last 3 coaches, Musselman actually did the best job. Nelly actually had bettr players but his coaching has been atrocious. Players today respond better to the younger coaches. None of these guys saw Nelly play. To them he is just an old relic. He has never won anything. He can't relate to todays athlete. I felt the same way about my Dallas Cowboys and Bill Parcells.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball