Don Nelson and the front office...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:55 pm
I have a problem with how well and easy going the W's players are with their coach and Mullin!

First off the coach gives them way too much freedom! And that in terms affects how well they defend, their inner drive to get back into games, and other aspects of the game...Why the hell is Al playing golf with Nelson!
W's players are too lax!

Does anyone have Nellie's home address maybe I should mail him the "Eddie Johnson Jumpshot Video! I would have every W's just concentrate on improving their shot and do conditoning skills in the offseason!!!

Every NBA player has a good skill but it's about perfecting just one skill and just to keep working at it... Look at Mullin, Miller, Peja they spent countless hours just perfecting their shot! There is no reason why the W's can't improve in this area in the offseason...Instead players what to practice their one on one skills and throw up these crazy shots that have a much lower % of going in!

Like they said the "The jumpshot is a lost art!"
Last edited by J-Rich on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:58 pm
Give me Patterson , Mutombo, Posey, Fortson to show the W's show defensive toughness! Maybe Fortson might layout a couple of the W's players!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:05 pm
Somebody give Miller a full time job as the W's special assistant shooting coach!!! That's all the responsiblity he'll be given!!!

One of the best FT and shooting guard/forward in NBA history!!! He can adept his skill to go along with all the W's swingmen who are roughly around his height 6'7...

It would be a perfect addition to the W's staff!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:22 pm
The Warriors are actually worst after the trade. Good Thread.You beat me to the punch. Here are my reasons why the Warriors are a worst team from when they started.

Mullin: Chris Mullin is a poor evaluator of talent. Start with the Murphy, Dunleavy, Foyle contracts. Drafting of POB, Drafting a tweener like Diogu. Trading for a nothing like Harrington. Having ateam with a punch of guys the same size (Barnes, Pietrus, Richardson, Jackson, Azabuike). No power player. Warriors talent is way below par. No allstar caliber player ( don't give me Richardson, BD crap, either!) Oh yeah, we didn't get another rebounder to replace Murphy.

Coach. Nelson doesn't give a damn. Team very ill prepared. No game plan. Doesn't preach defense or fundamentals. Washed up, over-rated, never won anything.

Players: Harrington is actually worst than Dunleavy. Plays no defense (at least Dunleavy would take a charge). Weak finisher. No heart. Will not bang. Turnover prone. Does nothing to improve the team. He is my new Dunleavy.

Everyone else is average at best. Monta is actually the most valuable commoidty the Warriors have. Biedrins is the 2nd most valuable commodity. Richardson has been reduced to just average due to the knee injury. The league is full of Baron Davis', no big deal.

The team is actually worst after the trade. I've given up on the team. Let's not talk about the Warriors being bad on the road. They are bad, period. The starters have given up. three blowout losts in a row. That's not an accident my friend. Losing to Atlanta is not a fluke. These teams are better than the Warriors. I'm sorry, you are what your record indicate. Don't give me that injury crap either. every team has had major injuries. Hell, houston is still without Yao. Shaq just got back, now there missing Wade. We were losers with Richardson and Davis, we are losers without them.

I'm with the guy who wrote the F_ck Warrors column. :banghead:

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:50 pm
I agree that Nellie is a washed up old man!!! Overrated at this stage in his coaching career! He doesn't get the same results as a coach when he used to yell and trash his players...Man, if he starts doing that now, he'll have a major ****ing heart attack! So, at this stage in his career, he'll be the easy going Don Nelson! The one that I'm not accustomed to!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:58 pm
Nellie's coaching philosophy is not good enough to overcome our rebounding and defense weakness!!!

You know what that means guys!!! Fire Nellie's ass and bring someone else in!!! Nellie can't save this mess of a team!

Even when the W's are up big, it really doesn't matter. Their lack of defense and rebounding let's opponents back in the game...I really thought that they would blow it open in the 1st quarter, so silly of me to think like that!

This is not the same Nellie that used to coach the W's in the past!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:07 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:The Warriors are actually worst after the trade. Good Thread.You beat me to the punch. Here are my reasons why the Warriors are a worst team from when they started.

Mullin: Chris Mullin is a poor evaluator of talent. Start with the Murphy, Dunleavy, Foyle contracts. Drafting of POB, Drafting a tweener like Diogu. Trading for a nothing like Harrington. Having ateam with a punch of guys the same size (Barnes, Pietrus, Richardson, Jackson, Azabuike). No power player. Warriors talent is way below par. No allstar caliber player ( don't give me Richardson, BD crap, either!) Oh yeah, we didn't get another rebounder to replace Murphy.

Coach. Nelson doesn't give a damn. Team very ill prepared. No game plan. Doesn't preach defense or fundamentals. Washed up, over-rated, never won anything.

Players: Harrington is actually worst than Dunleavy. Plays no defense (at least Dunleavy would take a charge). Weak finisher. No heart. Will not bang. Turnover prone. Does nothing to improve the team. He is my new Dunleavy.

Everyone else is average at best. Monta is actually the most valuable commoidty the Warriors have. Biedrins is the 2nd most valuable commodity. Richardson has been reduced to just average due to the knee injury. The league is full of Baron Davis', no big deal.

The team is actually worst after the trade. I've given up on the team. Let's not talk about the Warriors being bad on the road. They are bad, period. The starters have given up. three blowout losts in a row. That's not an accident my friend. Losing to Atlanta is not a fluke. These teams are better than the Warriors. I'm sorry, you are what your record indicate. Don't give me that injury crap either. every team has had major injuries. Hell, houston is still without Yao. Shaq just got back, now there missing Wade. We were losers with Richardson and Davis, we are losers without them.

I'm with the guy who wrote the F_ck Warrors column. :banghead:

Dude come on, it's not that long after the trade and we don't have Baron. J-Rich is allstar caliber and is definitely more than average. The league is NOT full of Baron's, he is an elite PG when healthy. When we have Baron, J-Rich, Monta, Beans, and the new guys together, and we're still losing, you can bitch. But for now, hold judgment.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:20 pm
jaypat. Teams are rarely at fulll strength in any pro sport. You are suppose to prepare your team injries in mind. Even with Baron and jason back, our rebounding and defense will be no better. Murphy wasn't all of that but a least he would get his bog butt underneath and grab some rebounds. especially defensive rebounds. Harrington lazy butt is too scared to get in there with the big boys. I love J-Rich but you can't mention him in the same breath as Ray Allen, Kobe, Tracy, Wade, or even Arenas.

I don't give a damn if it's me, you, migya, pest, and TMC playing. with hobbes, and broe coming of the bench. I don't think we would lose by 20 points 3 games in a row. :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:24 pm
True, a team is rarely at full strength but not as bad as the Warriors have it, Baron is their motor.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:32 pm
all you nelson haters need to shut your effing mouth. every year its the coach's fault? get a grip, and take a good look at the team he inherited, the horribly flawed warriors. all you can do as a coach is have the players respect and put the right match ups together which is does. at some point the players have to produce, and what mullin has provided hasnt been enough for even the great don nelson to make a playoff team. do you blame him for drinking every night?
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:32 pm
i think mullin on the other hand needs a few drinks.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:50 pm
I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOUR STATEMENTS, CHRONIC.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:09 am
Just another useless thread started by another of our esteemed TRUE fans. The arguments you guys make a f*cking hilarious....barely coherent, but funny none the less.

How about some of you guys actually SUPPORT the team rather than trying to tear them down at every turn.

We're Warriors fans for f*cks sakes, long suffering for sure but we all made the choice to support/follow this team. How about instead of bitching every other thread ya'll form a constructive post directed towards the effectiveness and successfulness of the team???

:banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:22 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:jaypat. Teams are rarely at fulll strength in any pro sport. You are suppose to prepare your team injries in mind. Even with Baron and jason back, our rebounding and defense will be no better. Murphy wasn't all of that but a least he would get his bog butt underneath and grab some rebounds. especially defensive rebounds. Harrington lazy butt is too scared to get in there with the big boys. I love J-Rich but you can't mention him in the same breath as Ray Allen, Kobe, Tracy, Wade, or even Arenas.

I don't give a damn if it's me, you, migya, pest, and TMC playing. with hobbes, and broe coming of the bench. I don't think we would lose by 20 points 3 games in a row. :banghead:

you are absolutely correct - you would lose by 200 (210) if I was playing:wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:49 am
J-Rich wrote:Give me Patterson , Mutombo, Posey, Fortson to show the W's show defensive toughness! Maybe Fortson might layout a couple of the W's players!!!

You had to go with the triple exclamation didn't you. Bitch
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball