last 2 game perfect example why team will not make playoffs.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:39 pm
No Fire.

No sense of urgency.

No movement without the ball.

No defense.

No rebounding.

No heart.

No hustle.
This season is not a flop.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:40 am
And if these things repeat themselves many times again this season, there definately will not be any playoffs and again a low lottery pick which will probably get another average player!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:No Fire.

No sense of urgency.

No defense.

No rebounding.

No heart.

No hustle.

No wins.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:00 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:No Fire.

No sense of urgency.

No defense.

No rebounding.

No heart.

No hustle.

A lot of suck.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:45 pm
Wow, I totally called the 2-3 panic threads after last night's loss. This place is depressingly predictable. :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:56 pm
let's just reserve our "won't make the playoffs" piece until BD gets back...if when he returns we still continue to lose, then posts like this will have some legitimacy...otherwise, we're badly in need of a real point guard...

btw, where are all of you who were raving about how the ball moves so beautifully w/o BD? how we play more as a team????

not the same team without the dude now is it?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:29 pm
The Lakers have always had our number. You can't possibly panic just because of a blowout loss at home against the Lakers whom we always lose to. 32's right, this place is starting to get depressing.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:39 pm
I'm waiting till May to make that conclusion. But, coming out of this road swing on the losing side starts to drive that nail in our coffin. We gotta win on the road to make the playoffs and not doing that just hurts.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:44 pm
This 5 road trip just may decide any hopes at the... uh, basketball past the first three weeks in April. Don't say the 'P' word, it's forbidden. :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:54 pm
aletha33 wrote:let's just reserve our "won't make the playoffs" piece until BD gets back...if when he returns we still continue to lose, then posts like this will have some legitimacy...otherwise, we're badly in need of a real point guard...

btw, where are all of you who were raving about how the ball moves so beautifully w/o BD? how we play more as a team????

Hey aletha33, BD don't play power forward. You bring BD back and you bench monta in the starting line-up. Not a major difference. Point guard is not the problem. Inside rebounding and inside defense is the problem.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:05 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
aletha33 wrote:let's just reserve our "won't make the playoffs" piece until BD gets back...if when he returns we still continue to lose, then posts like this will have some legitimacy...otherwise, we're badly in need of a real point guard...

Hey aletha33, BD don't play power forward. You bring BD back and you bench monta in the starting line-up. Not a major difference. Point guard is not the problem. Inside rebounding and inside defense is the problem.

disagree...not having BD there is a huge problem...why do you think we've been having trouble scoring?

the inside rebounding and defense, EVERYONE knows that...THAT'S a given...i don't think anyone has to mentioned that fact.

im addressing issues that we can pretty much control... we can forget addressing our inside problems for the season...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:25 am
aletha33 wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

disagree...not having BD there is a huge problem...why do you think we've been having trouble scoring?

the inside rebounding and defense, EVERYONE knows that...THAT'S a given...i don't think anyone has to mentioned that fact.

im addressing issues that we can pretty much control... we can forget addressing our inside problems for the season...

I think we can address inside defense and rebounding by playing Powell along side of Biederins. If nothing else, he will help keep the big bodies off Andres. Biedrins rebounds well enough but he gets in trouble by picking up everyone elses man when they penetrate in the lane. Harrington doesn't want to do the dierty work like bangining into big guys and setting screens. Powell has shown he's willing to do that. I think Nelly should trust him more.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:46 pm
I'd like to see Nelson use the twin towers at the same time. Andris and POB in at the same time. I would like to see how'd that work out. I'm not calling in the season, but I sure would like to see POB more. We didn't draft him for nothin', even if didn't start dominating the NBADL until after Nellie bashed on him.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:50 pm
Come on now, optimists! I said before the Clippers game that THAT game, not the Lakers one, would be a perfect barometer of what kind of a team we have here. It was a completely winnable game, and we really needed it against another team vying for the 8th spot. I predicted a loss, simlply because the Warriors ALWAYS lose in situations like that. Unfortunately, nothing has changed with this team. I mean, Baron would probably be making a difference right now, but without him, we just can't win a game. And that last road trip he was on didn't turn out so well, either. This slide can't be blamed solely on Baron's absence. My question is this: for the people who predicted the Warriors would make the playoffs before the season started - what do you think their chances of making the playoffs are now?

Although there's a plethora of poor-weather naysayers here, there are a lot of folks who always see the greener side of things here, as well. I think everyone's just va little fickle (myself definitely included) because of the nature of the league this year, and how there are so many teams clumped around the 7-10 spots. The fact that any little streak makes a big difference for a team in our situation means a 3-game losing streak (like we're on right now) is much closer to doomsday than no big deal at this point in the season. If you want to see optimism, just look at the posts from a week ago declaring the Warriors were ready to take over the #6 seed!
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:16 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

I think we can address inside defense and rebounding by playing Powell along side of Biederins. If nothing else, he will help keep the big bodies off Andres. Biedrins rebounds well enough but he gets in trouble by picking up everyone elses man when they penetrate in the lane. Harrington doesn't want to do the dierty work like bangining into big guys and setting screens. Powell has shown he's willing to do that. I think Nelly should trust him more.

I like the idea of AB and Josh at the same time...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball