Harrington is pathetic

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:33 pm
Wait a second...

Is this seriously a thread considering that the Indiana Pacers got anything but royally screwed on that trade...?

::lol: ::lol: ::lol: ::lol: ::lol: ::lol:

WOW, dude. Some people just need stuff to bitch about, I guess.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:59 pm
Sorry, we can't complain about Dunleavy ... he is going to the playoffs with the Pacers. I have to blame Nellie. We could have a front court of Taft, Foyle, OB, Biedrins and Diogu (Barnes at the three starting in front of Junior), J-Rich and Pietrus at the two and BD and Ellis at the point. Our chemistry mess with Biedrins the lone ranger in the front court is a freaking joke. Let's look at the former Nellie team (Dampier/ Diop, Howard, Nitwoski) it doesn't matter at the point or small guard position. They got some serious talent and depth at the forward and center position so they can blow through the league. My problem is with Nellie is NBA capanomics. You can't trade away front court players and load up on dime a dozen perimeter players because they have no trade value. Give me a team that will trade a big or even a has been big for J-Rich, Harrington, Pietrus, Jackson, or even BD and Ellis. Look at the NBA trading deadline, no player was moved which means no body wanted our surplus of perimeter players which looks like the St. Jean fiasco with Mark Jackson. We are dropping from 8th and our momentum is headed towards the 13th or so place in the Western conference. Instead of dumping BD (half responsible for the Monty failure), we have absolutely no front court with the exception of Biedrins and the rarely used OB and Foyle. Last time I checked, the run and gun TMC teams did not score less than a hundred on a consistent basis and had great chemistry. Sorry Nellie, a GM gives you pieces to fit your system and since we can't make the playoffs or dump the players, we can defintely dump the coach back into retirement.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:18 pm
trade harrington for jamison!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:45 pm
I agree with you ReginalLewis Al is a big disappointment!!! Weak rebounder and he talked a good game when it came to be a postup player!

SJax is a surpirse player who has offered more than Al! Save cap room and just let the both of them finish their contract then use the money for a FA...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:37 pm
Weak rebounder? We already knew he couldn't rebound. We expected him to be a Nellie-type player, which hasn't let me down. The guy is a decent-average rebounder.

But I do think Jackson has been better than Harrington. I like SJax's presence, he's a real great guy to have as a teammate.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:49 pm
Bro, Dun at best is a 6 or 7th option. Look at the Warriors last year.

Rich
Baron
Murph
Dunleavy
Fisher (close to being ahead of Dun)

Even he sucked then.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:00 am
cabarkapa wrote:trade harrington for jamison!

I'd even trade Pietrus along with Harrington for Jamison!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:05 am
migya wrote:
cabarkapa wrote:trade harrington for jamison!

I'd even trade Pietrus along with Harrington for Jamison!

Me too... Max contract an all, we'd be a better team with him.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:37 am
All this sh*t about harrington being a dissapointment kills me. I can't seriously believe that people are complaining about getting a guy who although a weak/moderate rebounder provides us with around 20ppg.
Is he erratic? Sure....but no more than Dunleavy ever was. Murph was not producing this year...not rebounding or scoring much and Dunleavy was just being his usual underachieving self. What the hell are people seeing in this trade that I'm not?? Indiana's going to the playoffs?? WOOOW, they were going to the playoffs anyways (they play in the east remember). I agree that the team hasn't performed any better since the trade, in fact they may be playing worse....but to put all of that on harrington is just stupid.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:05 am
The team is not winning anymore so the trade is not much of an improvement, nothing significant anyway.

TMC, Jamison would be much loved this time around and not many would be spewing that he is overpaid as the team has had plenty over paid sacks of crap lately

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:15 am
migya wrote:TMC, Jamison would be much loved this time around and not many would be spewing that he is overpaid as the team has had plenty over paid sacks of crap lately

Yeah, I've always considered the Jamison trade a pretty dumb one. It's true that he was (is) overpaid... but we got worse on the trade. That's a fact. And we used that money to sign extensions to Dunleavy and Murphy... so, in essence, we used Jamison's money on Harrington and Jackson.

Doesn't look so good now.

Maybe I'm biased because I was a big, big fan of the Arenas/J-Rich/Jamison team. That was our more exciting roster since the Run TMC, even above the current one (for me, at least).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:40 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:TMC, Jamison would be much loved this time around and not many would be spewing that he is overpaid as the team has had plenty over paid sacks of crap lately

Yeah, I've always considered the Jamison trade a pretty dumb one. It's true that he was (is) overpaid... but we got worse on the trade. That's a fact. And we used that money to sign extensions to Dunleavy and Murphy... so, in essence, we used Jamison's money on Harrington and Jackson.

Doesn't look so good now.

Maybe I'm biased because I was a big, big fan of the Arenas/J-Rich/Jamison team. That was our more exciting roster since the Run TMC, even above the current one (for me, at least).

That team never were going to win anything though.

Being honest, I really wanted the team to be built around JRich, Monta, Biedrins and Diogu after this season. Baron could be replaced by a more durable PG that could even be a little cheaper and players like Pietrus and Barnes could maybe have a permanent place on the team as role players. It just won't happen and mediocricy seems to be the norm for this franchise recently

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:05 am
migya wrote:

:dontknow: You never know... that's basically the same team Washington has... That's why they're called Ws East.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:13 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

:dontknow: You never know... that's basically the same team Washington has... That's why they're called Ws East.

The Wizards would be in the position the Warriors in the West or lower, the East is a puppy

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

The Wizards would be in the position the Warriors in the West or lower, the East is a puppy

We'd be a better team though

Arenas
J-Rich
Jamison
Murphy
Beans
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball