Harrington is pathetic

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:08 pm
What a waste of height and speed. this guy is a terrible basketball player. Another 6'9" guy who wants to be a guard. Mo wonder Indiana wanted to dump him. I hate to say it but Dunleavy is a better rebounder and has more heart than this worthless piece of crap. I thought this guy was a good baketball player. I tried to give him mthe benefit of the doubt.

Let's face it. This is the same old Warriors with the same old mediocre players. They need to dump Harrington as soon as they can. The Warriors were much better when Barnes was in the line-up. Be honest fellow board members Harrington is not very good, what is his strong point? He can't defend worth a damn. He's a sissy rebounder, He has no toughness. He's Mike Dunleavy all over again. He's Danny Ferry. :banghead:
Last edited by The Coooach on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:25 pm
harrington is far better than dunleavy. Better scorer, rebounder, and defender. He's not optimal, but you are forgetting what he's replacing. He's just being asked to play a role he can't play, which is second option. He's more of a third/fourth option type of player. Dunleavy gave us 11-5-3, Harrington gives us 16-6-2 on far better percentages. Harrington is not good for a starting four, but he is not a bad player.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:36 pm
Though I think Harrington is an improvement over dun and Murphy, he is not that good at all! He has his moments but the team needs a PF and not a guard like forward! That is why I'm all for packaging him with Pietrus or SJackson or some package like that for another player or players. It won't change either and harrington will never be the post player and rebounder the team needs

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:54 pm
Mike Dunleavy all over again? Please, Reggie, that is one of the more ludicrous things I have ever read on this board, and that is saying something. Harrington has already scored more in a game than Dunleavy EVER did, shoots better, rebounds better and defends better. The ENTIRE TEAM SUCKED other than Monta. Jason sucked, they all sucked. To focus on a dude who has been averaging 20 points a game, who replaced a complete cancer, I just don't get it. I watched that game until there were about 6 minutes left and wanted to throw up, but it was the whole team excepting Mr. Ellis. Lest we forget, we were saddled with 2 horrible contracts with 2 of the biggest underachievers in the league, and NO ONE thought we could solve that. To get 2 players who are averaging 18 plus points a game AND get rid of Dungmurphy? Some perspective is in order.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:12 pm
stop the player hating
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:14 pm
Yeah, this thread is stupid. Harrington is quality, he just had a bad game. Sure, he's good for a starting four. Yeah, he was shitty today. But you wouldn't be starting this thread if the Warriors won or he played well today.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:33 pm
harrington should play the 3... trade some of our extra guards/swingmen for a PF.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:57 pm
migya wrote:Though I think Harrington is an improvement over dun and Murphy, he is not that good at all! He has his moments but the team needs a PF and not a guard like forward! That is why I'm all for packaging him with Pietrus or SJackson or some package like that for another player or players. It won't change either and harrington will never be the post player and rebounder the team needs

The trade was great because it got rid of both the huge contracts everyone hated and the Ws got players who might be more easily traded themselves someday.

What if it turns out that SJax, Harringtonand Pietrus do not fire up any trade interest? If these players do not really excel in the Ws system, which team out there is any better for them?

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:01 am
harrington has averaged 19 ppg on a bad team. thats more than dunleavy ever did on bad teams. harrington made a game winning shot against philly this year, thats more than dunleavy has every done in his career. leave the guy alone, he's got flaws but he's better than dunleavy and whats new? thats the type of players the warriors have had the last 12 years.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:47 am
carlgo wrote:
migya wrote:Though I think Harrington is an improvement over dun and Murphy, he is not that good at all! He has his moments but the team needs a PF and not a guard like forward! That is why I'm all for packaging him with Pietrus or SJackson or some package like that for another player or players. It won't change either and harrington will never be the post player and rebounder the team needs

The trade was great because it got rid of both the huge contracts everyone hated and the Ws got players who might be more easily traded themselves someday.

What if it turns out that SJax, Harringtonand Pietrus do not fire up any trade interest? If these players do not really excel in the Ws system, which team out there is any better for them?

You don't know if you don't try. Harrington and SJackson have good averages and sometimes that gets more value in return. A proper PF is essential and Harrington is not the one. I'd rather SJackson over Harrington at SF. Harrington is not paid a huge amount but more than what he is worth to a team. Yes his numbers look good but that does not make the team that much better. Maybe a trade can be made to get a good PF, maybe not but it is a thought that addresses a need because this lineup just isn't good enough because it lacks any rebounding size and defense

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:16 am
Harrington is a 4, and a big upgrade over Murphy, Jackson is a big upgrade over Dung at the 3. A team with Davis/Ellis/Jackson/Richardson/Harrington and Biedrins is a pretty decent first 6. Will we ever see that team this year? ??? THAT team is a bona fide playoff team.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:14 am
coltraning wrote:Harrington is a 4, and a big upgrade over Murphy, Jackson is a big upgrade over Dung at the 3. A team with Davis/Ellis/Jackson/Richardson/Harrington and Biedrins is a pretty decent first 6. Will we ever see that team this year? ??? THAT team is a bona fide playoff team.

Baron should be back soon but the team should be more than 50% with the talent and yet is 4 games under. That lineup at full strength better do what the team hasn't done all season and that's win 4 or more in a row or thereabouts

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:09 am
coltraning wrote:Harrington is a 4, and a big upgrade over Murphy, Jackson is a big upgrade over Dung at the 3. A team with Davis/Ellis/Jackson/Richardson/Harrington and Biedrins is a pretty decent first 6. Will we ever see that team this year? ??? THAT team is a bona fide playoff team.

No it's not. Even with everyone in the lineup, they still wouldn't play defense, rebound, win on the road or beat the two crappy LA teams in our division.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:00 am
Everyone knows that i hate Dunleavy as much as the next guy. But to be fair to him, I really don't see a big improvement in the team since the trade. I don't have the stats in front of me but could someone please give me the einning percentages before the trade and after the trade?

I am sure me and everyone else thought that Harrington was a lot better than this. The guy is a volume shooter. It's easy to average 18 points a game when you are shooting over 20 times a game. That is not what we need out of out forwards. Honestly speaking, we were much beter when Barnes was in the starting line-up.

Another problem with Harrington and Jackson are the turnovers. Plus coltraining my friend. Al had one little layup for a win. Be fair, Mike D. hit some big 3 point shots to allow the Warriors to win this year. Don't get me wrong. I never want mike Dunleavy back. I will take Al over him any day. I just want him to play quality, tough, basketball. I notice no one argues win I ragged about his lack of toughness or sissy rebounding. This guy refuses to mix it up. The Clippers and the Lakers scared him away from the basket all weekend. Why not play Powell more at the 4. He fights for defensive rebounds and plays tough inside. That's what we need from big Al. Harrington does not fill the role we need to make the playoffs. He does not help keep the big bodies off of Biedrins.

Pietrus had a terrible game but at least he tried to fight the big guys on the defensive board. He always does. The Warriors forgot about the guys who played well when they were going good. Mainly Barnes and Azabuike. These guys need to play more and Jax and harrington need to play less. Although Jax has the knack of making the right pass at the right time. nelly forgot who brought him to the dance.

I must be learning something be I see the same thing as pest and miga. :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:07 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:I am sure me and everyone else thought that Harrington was a lot better than this. The guy is a volume shooter. It's easy to average 18 points a game when you are shooting over 20 times a game. That is not what we need out of out forwards.

I never thought Al was any better than this. I never wanted to sign him during the offseason, because he's just a good scorer (albeit streaky), but has much to prove in almost any other aspect of the game. Few boards for a 4, just average defense (at best)...

But that's not to say I'm not happy with him. Quite the opposite. Maybe it's just because he's no Mike-Freakin'-Dunleavy... :dontknow:
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball