jason kidd rumor

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:06 pm
J-Rich wrote:Were you talking to me #32? Just back to your studies buddy!!! Have someone else amuse you!

Is this an insult...?

Is your dead ass trying to insult me because I'm a student whose actually getting educated so that my tax dollars can one day put your fuckin children through school..?

Sorry, that was untrue. How can a dude father any children when he clearly can't get laid?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:25 pm
I think J-Rich and 32 need to just meet in person and settle it...They've been fighting since forever...

Mods: Can we create/sticky a J-Rich vs. 32 fighting thread so the rest of us can talk basketball?
Last edited by loyaltyisacurse on Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This season is not a flop.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:50 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:I think J-Rich and 32 need to just meet in person and settle it...They've been fighting since forever...

Mods: Can we create/sticky a J-Rich vs. 32 fighting thread so the rest of us can talk basketball?

Starting to get that way isn't it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:57 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:Mods: Can we create/sticky a J-Rich vs. 32 fighting thread so the rest of us can talk basketball?

Sure, they can create one in the private forum whenever they want to. Would be a much more appropriate thread than this one...
Last edited by TMC on Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:35 am
Ok. I'm done. That's all I wanted to show.

TMC wrote:Pawno would feel at home with all this "Yo Mamma" sh*t... :wink:

It's all good humor, until I arrive, huh? Money, OG broe, aletha, Pest, & Reggie can absolutely slug it out with one another in the most uncontrolled timeframe of this forum I've ever seen... but the moment *GASP* 32!!!! gets involved, it's another federal offense. :roll:

Pathetically predictable. Some things never change.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:01 am
32 wrote:It's all good humor, until I arrive, huh? Money, OG broe, aletha, Pest, & Reggie can absolutely slug it out with one another in the most uncontrolled timeframe of this forum I've ever seen... but the moment *GASP* 32!!!! gets involved, it's another federal offense. :roll:

Pathetically predictable. Some things never change.

What are you talking about?.

First of all, let me clarify my position. I just believe that we shouldn't censor everything that happens unless it crosses certain limits (which still hasn't happened... although it's getting close, at times). As long as this petty fights (because that's what they are) don't extend to other threads and don't get too personal (I mean, even more...), I won't edit any posts (I think I've been forced to edit a post just one time... and that's something I don't want to start doing).

My point is this: you're getting the same treatment anybody else gets, 32. I'd rather see these spats solved by themselves, and that's what happens (usually) with time. I don't want to check each and every post looking for who breaks the rules to edit their posts or punish them in any other way, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants that.

Censorship is applied only when it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. If you feel you're not getting the same treatment, tell me why...

btw, if it's for my previous post about doing it in a separate thread in the private forum, that's just a personal opinion that goes for any other fight, present and future, on the board, no matter who's involved. But it's only that, an opinion that doesn't hold any more weight than others. Doesn't mean I'm forcing you to stop while allowing others to keep going on.

Actually, I was just answering a previous post, but the idea of using the forum for smack has been said several times before. It's just that nobody uses it for those things, so I'm not going to force anybody to do it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:28 pm
TMC wrote:What are you talking about?.

First of all, let me clarify my position. I just believe that we shouldn't censor everything that happens unless it crosses certain limits (which still hasn't happened... although it's getting close, at times). As long as this petty fights (because that's what they are) don't extend to other threads and don't get too personal (I mean, even more...), I won't edit any posts (I think I've been forced to edit a post just one time... and that's something I don't want to start doing).

My point is this: you're getting the same treatment anybody else gets, 32. I'd rather see these spats solved by themselves, and that's what happens (usually) with time. I don't want to check each and every post looking for who breaks the rules to edit their posts or punish them in any other way, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants that.

Censorship is applied only when it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. If you feel you're not getting the same treatment, tell me why...

btw, if it's for my previous post about doing it in a separate thread in the private forum, that's just a personal opinion that goes for any other fight, present and future, on the board, no matter who's involved. But it's only that, an opinion that doesn't hold any more weight than others. Doesn't mean I'm forcing you to stop while allowing others to keep going on.

Actually, I was just answering a previous post, but the idea of using the forum for smack has been said several times before. It's just that nobody uses it for those things, so I'm not going to force anybody to do it.

This is nothing major; I just find it strange that everything is fun and games until somebody see's me arrive.

When SoCoolBob was blatantly attacking me, migya got a kick out of it. None of the moderators ever said a word to him. But the second I responded to his petty BS, I got repremanded.

Take this week, for instance. Money and aletha are having a huge brawl in a separate thread. OG broe and Money are having it out in another. Even Reggie and Pest had a minor thing going on in their simulator thread. But the second I say something to J-Rich, suddenly you and migya both have something to say about that?

Like I said above, it's no big deal. I'm pretty much used to it. Hell, out of boredum, I simply stirred the pot a little bit just to see if I'd get some sort of a comment out of it from migya (to be honest, I didn't expect you to say anything... because, really, migya's the one with the bias against me) and it worked.

If I'm being treated exactly the same as everyone, than how come J-Rich, broe, Money, aletha, Reggie, AND Pest were all able to make similar posts... but I'm the only one who caught flack for it?

This doesn't bug me; I realize I'm under a microscope. But don't kid yourself into thinking I get the same treatment as everyone else. SoCoolBob ransacked me with insults and migya responds with smiley faces. I barely tapped the sucker back and got the shaft for it. Stuff like that happens all the time.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:08 pm
I actually think in general a fight forum where members can insult each other endlessly and gratuitously is a great idea. An excellent place for all the yo mamas and insistence that the other one is gay, etc...maybe if it gets past 1 or 2 posts or too into diss land (the baron is a quitter and nuggets threads come to mind) the mod could suggest they take it to the fight forum. That way, anyone who wants to watch two anonymous dudes slander each other over the internet can, while everyone else can get back to the topic at hand. I can think of some pretty good fight forum threads, based on what I've been reading. Just a thought...that way there is no censorship and we would know where to look for defamation of character, online style. 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:21 pm
I think that's an excellent idea...

... and, hobbes, if you're ever looking for somebody to moderate the fight forum, you know who to ask. :wink: I'd be there all the damn time... and I can make sure nobody gets too out of line. In fact, I can think of a few rules to begin with...

1) No insulting a guy's picture without posting your own.
2) Nothing that would lead to a real life fight (ie, addresses, challenges, ect).
3) Have fun. :mrgreen:

What do you think, Boss? It'd certainly clean up the basketball part of this place. I've seen a few other forums make a fight section and it worked really well.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:40 pm
#32 just keeps on bringing up garbage about me being biased against him! The guy has gotten into more spats on here than anyone else and seemingly thinks he should be allowed to do it, which for the most part he is. All I do is tell someone if they are being a little harsh, as JRich can sometimes be and I called him out once and he seems to have toned it down a bit. Fact is #32, you get into heated arguments more than anyone (historically anyway) and so you are called out for that. Noone ever gagged you and it would take alot for such a thing to happen.

Me and TMC have been asked to help keep things liberal yet fairly civil and we try to do that.

The Private Forum is there for spats to carry on and it is strange that noone has gone there to do that

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:18 pm
migya, the number of spats I've been in should have nothing to do with anything. I've posted more comments on this board than anyone (besides you), I've been here longer than many regular posters, and my opinion isn't nearly as quiet as the average poster. It's nothing more than the average result of fights ANYONE with my qualifications would have been in. If J-Rich had 5000 posts, he'd be way above me. If drfrank didn't banned so soon, he'd be up there too. Hell, the way SoCoolBob was heading, if he never left, he'd have started more **** with me.

The fact that I'm repremanded (I've never accused you or TMC of 'censoring me', which you both seem to be claiming) for lesser behavior than those around me is wrong.

It's undeniable that whats going on between aletha and Money right now is much more severe than anything I've said to J-Rich... and, yet, they never got a glance from you about it. But when I do the exact same thing, you're all over me. Like you always are.

Like I said above, it's not a big deal. It's just exactly what Pest said back during the Bob situation: you were on Bob's dick and our case for identical behavior. Nothing's changed. You never really held anything against Pest (except that he joined in my cause against your favorite forum gimmick); you just don't like me. That's fine. I don't really care. But stop the whole front about being blameless. Its really absurd.

If you're going to continue to pretend to be a moderator, you need to appear fairly when dealing with the problems of others. Thats a huge thing you need to work on, when it comes to me. You enter my business with an inherant bias against me. When it comes to normal posting, I could care less. When it comes to being "a moderator", you need to work on it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:14 am
:shock: :happy1: :drinking:

Whew, things are starting to reach it's climax. The intensity of the posts. I'd love to see how intense the fight could get in a fight forum. Just think... Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan, Ali vs Frazier, Artest vs the Pistons and their fans, the American Revolution all seen again in an online forum. Corny, but I like it. :!:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:22 am
Well the place for spats is the Private Forum and that is where I will be (and hopefully TMC as well) directing any sort of prolonged spats, just like I will now with Aletha and Money.

Fact is, the more spats someone gets into, the more they will be called out, like a thief when he commits repeated offenses, it is logical

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:40 am
coltraning wrote:I actually think in general a fight forum where members can insult each other endlessly and gratuitously is a great idea. An excellent place for all the yo mamas and insistence that the other one is gay, etc...maybe if it gets past 1 or 2 posts or too into diss land (the baron is a quitter and nuggets threads come to mind) the mod could suggest they take it to the fight forum. That way, anyone who wants to watch two anonymous dudes slander each other over the internet can, while everyone else can get back to the topic at hand. I can think of some pretty good fight forum threads, based on what I've been reading. Just a thought...that way there is no censorship and we would know where to look for defamation of character, online style. 8)

You know, it does exist. The private forum was created for that, mainly. It's just that nobody uses it for that...

And, 32, if you believe we have treated you unfairly, I apologize. I didn't think that was the case, as I was trying to be fair with everybody without getting in the way of their posts, but some posts may have been open to different interpretations.

In any case, and to avoid further misunderstandings, keep in mind that, when I post, I do it as just another regular user, not as a mod. Everything I post is just personal opinion. If I have to post something as a mod, I'll let you know... but if not, consider it only as just another opinion.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball