Page 2 of 2

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:49 pm
by 32
dbdavis20 wrote:sry but biedrins isnt a top 5 center in the league

Name 5 better ones.

I got Yao, Amare, Camby (when he's healthy) and that's it.

He's outplayed Brad Miller, Shaq, Kristic, Kaman, and Ben Wallace this season.

Plus, Duncan, Gasol, and Dwight Howard are all starting at PF.

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:22 pm
by MontaTHeFuTUre
I was being sarcastic about stern doing a good jod handling the leage
If he doesnt change the way the games are being officiated in the coming years(hopefully next year) watching a NBA game is going to be dreadful

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:18 pm
by Thunder
32 wrote:
dbdavis20 wrote:sry but biedrins isnt a top 5 center in the league

Name 5 better ones.

I got Yao, Amare, Camby (when he's healthy) and that's it.

He's outplayed Brad Miller, Shaq, Kristic, Kaman, and Ben Wallace this season.

Plus, Duncan, Gasol, and Dwight Howard are all starting at PF.



I love Biedrins but I have him pegged tied for 6th with Miller.

Yao
Amare
Shaq
Camby
Wallace
Biedrins/Miller
Kaman
Kristic

Shaq is old, on one leg, and less motivated than he's ever been and he is still one of the best centers in the league when he's on the floor.

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:51 pm
by 32
Thunder wrote:I love Biedrins but I have him pegged tied for 6th with Miller.

Yao
Amare
Camby

Agree
Thunder wrote:Shaq

Not anymore. I agree, Shaq is still better than MOST centers in the NBA (including Kristic, Miller, and Kaman), but I really doubt he could keep up with Andris for a full game anymore. In his prime? Nobody touches Shaq. But now? The guys' at the end of the road. And I'm as big a Shaq fan as you'll find.

Thunder wrote:Wallace
Miller
Kaman
Kristic

Not this season. Check it:

KRISTIC: 16.4 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 0.9 BPG, shooting 52.6%, in 32.36 MPG
MILLER: 9.6 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 0.6 BPG, shooting 44.2%, in 28.11 MPG
KAMAN: 10.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 1.5 BPG, shooting 44.8%, in 28.53 MPG
WALLACE: 6.2 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 2.1 BPG, shooting 43.7%, in 33.53 MPG
BIEDRINS: 10.2 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 1.9 BPG, shooting 61.0% in 29.11 MPG

Not only does Biedrins shoot an average of 15% better than all of them, but he's 2nd in points (Kristic), 2nd in rebounding (Wallace), and 2nd in blocks (Wallace)... and, it should be noted, that Wallace and Kristic are the two centers on the list who are playing more minutes than Biedrins (an average of 5 more per game).

Biedrins does, virtually, all aspects of the game in a better, more all-around, way. That's why he's outplaying them all this season.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:30 pm
by JayPat
Totally agreed. And imagine if he didn't get all those crappy foul calls!

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:25 pm
by cladden
32 wrote:
Thunder wrote:I love Biedrins but I have him pegged tied for 6th with Miller.

Yao
Amare
Camby

Agree
Thunder wrote:Shaq

Not anymore. I agree, Shaq is still better than MOST centers in the NBA (including Kristic, Miller, and Kaman), but I really doubt he could keep up with Andris for a full game anymore. In his prime? Nobody touches Shaq. But now? The guys' at the end of the road. And I'm as big a Shaq fan as you'll find.

Thunder wrote:Wallace
Miller
Kaman
Kristic

Not this season. Check it:

KRISTIC: 16.4 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 0.9 BPG, shooting 52.6%, in 32.36 MPG
MILLER: 9.6 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 0.6 BPG, shooting 44.2%, in 28.11 MPG
KAMAN: 10.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 1.5 BPG, shooting 44.8%, in 28.53 MPG
WALLACE: 6.2 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 2.1 BPG, shooting 43.7%, in 33.53 MPG
BIEDRINS: 10.2 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 1.9 BPG, shooting 61.0% in 29.11 MPG

Not only does Biedrins shoot an average of 15% better than all of them, but he's 2nd in points (Kristic), 2nd in rebounding (Wallace), and 2nd in blocks (Wallace)... and, it should be noted, that Wallace and Kristic are the two centers on the list who are playing more minutes than Biedrins (an average of 5 more per game).

Biedrins does, virtually, all aspects of the game in a better, more all-around, way. That's why he's outplaying them all this season.


Kristic does have a jumper and can stretch the floor (which ofcourse the Warriors doesn't need from that spot) so I could see him maybe be a better fit for some teams but for the Warriors I'd definitely take AB over him.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:45 pm
by 32
Kristic is a better offensive player than Biedrins, but Andres can rebound, shoot field goals, and block shots at a league-leading level. Kristic can't do any of those.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:06 pm
by cladden
32 wrote:Kristic is a better offensive player than Biedrins, but Andres can rebound, shoot field goals, and block shots at a league-leading level. Kristic can't do any of those.


And I'd much rather have Andris finishing BD dishes than Kristic. Heck. I'd take Andris in the low post as well. It's only jumpers and free throws I'd rather take Kristic on.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:43 pm
by 32
Agreed. Although I think Nenad's post game is better than Biedrins, purely on the grounds that Andris doesn't have a back-to-the-basket game. :wink:

Re: The NBA Hates the Warriors!

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:07 pm
by Mr. Crackerz
Josh Jamison wrote:I really don't understand! I know all of you saw last nights game against the Knicks. The refs almost blew if for us with three horrible and disturbing consecutive calls against the Warriors. (1) Azibuke charge call, (2) Biedrins defensive shooting foul, and (3) Ellis tripping foul. Anyone and everyone who saw these fouls knew that they were not fouls! WHAT THE F-CK IS THIS!!!!! I THINK THE REFS/STERN ARE TRYING TO KEEP THE WARRIORS FROM WINNING!!!


its not that the league hates the warriors, its jus that the commish loves the knicks....remember earlier this year when the lakers were about to playing the knicks and KOBE got suspended for that stupid call when his hand hit manu's for a winning shot a day earlier....

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:16 am
by migya
JayPat wrote:Totally agreed. And imagine if he didn't get all those crappy foul calls!



He'd finally be allowed to flourish! He will get the respect and he will definately be among the best Centers for some time. It is the defense and rebounding that make him so valuable to the team and Mullin just has to get one more big that does similar to put alongside him because hustle and hard work win games!