Baron Davis - Surgery

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Rookie
Posts: 199
» Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:42 pm
baron IS the franchise player...look at his contract...

Starting Lineup
Posts: 964
» Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:09 pm
tkono wrote:http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/02/13/SPGG2O3ND41.DTL

so she says or implies BD is the franchise player.. So what is JRich, table scraps?


So your saying JRich is the franchise player and BD is table scraps??

Perfect Sense
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 576
» Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:59 pm
TMC wrote:
tkono wrote:so she says or implies BD is the franchise player.. So what is JRich, table scraps?


It doesn't surprise me. I'm pretty sure that around 70% of the people considers Baron the franchise player.


At least this is a good time for him to have surgery. If he rests for 2 weeks and then spends 4 days getting back to game shape he only misses 7 games. That won't absolutely crush us. No way we can make the playoffs though. The only way i see it being possible is if Andris can average 35 minutes per game. When he is in the game, the warriors can hang, but he gets in foul trouble all the time. If he stays out of foul trouble, the warriors stay in contention.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 27
» Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:26 pm
While it also seems to me that the offensive flow is better without Davis I read in a recent article that the Warriors winning percentage without him is only 33%.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:56 am
David Wood wrote:At least this is a good time for him to have surgery. If he rests for 2 weeks and then spends 4 days getting back to game shape he only misses 7 games. That won't absolutely crush us.


Sure... but, is he going to be out only for 2 weeks?. Because I've read about it being 2 weeks to a full month, with the exact amount to be determined after the surgery.

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:30 am
2-13-07
Baron Davis Undergoes Successful Arthrosopic Knee Surgery.

Golden State Warriors guard Baron Davis underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on his left knee today, it was announced by Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin. The surgery was performed by Dr. Stephen Lombardo at the HealthSouth Kerlan-Jobe Surgery Center in Los Angeles.
The 6’3” Davis, has averaged 20.7 points (24th in NBA) and 8.7 assists (5th in NBA) in 43 games this season, The Warriors Point Guard Will Begin Rehabilitation Immediately.

All Star
Posts: 2834
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:12 am
O.G. Broe wrote:2-13-07
Baron Davis Undergoes Successful Arthrosopic Knee Surgery.

Golden State Warriors guard Baron Davis underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on his left knee today, it was announced by Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin. The surgery was performed by Dr. Stephen Lombardo at the HealthSouth Kerlan-Jobe Surgery Center in Los Angeles.
The 6’3” Davis, has averaged 20.7 points (24th in NBA) and 8.7 assists (5th in NBA) in 43 games this season, The Warriors Point Guard Will Begin Rehabilitation Immediately.


Has the Warriors or Baron stated what was mechanically wrong with the knee (ligament tear, cartilage, scar tissue, etc.)?

All Star
Posts: 1218
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:15 am
tomstead wrote:While it also seems to me that the offensive flow is better without Davis I read in a recent article that the Warriors winning percentage without him is only 33%.


There is the Good Baron that we all know and love, and there is the Bad Baron that deflates everyone.

The team cannot win consistently without the Good Baron. There are games where he is so bad that the team is better with him sitting. Mostly, though, he is a positive force that will be missed.

Baron's weakness is that he doesn't shut down the Bad Baron when he emerges. It is as though he isn't aware of him. Sort of strange for someone that is known for being smart and capable.

All Star
Posts: 1216
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:25 am
Money wrote:
tkono wrote:http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/02/13/SPGG2O3ND41.DTL

so she says or implies BD is the franchise player.. So what is JRich, table scraps?


So your saying JRich is the franchise player and BD is table scraps??

Perfect Sense


you couldn't be more wrong. its just that she seems to leave Jrich totally out of the picture. Jrich was the franchise before BD came here and to an extent i think he still is since Baron hasn't played a full season with us yet.. Baron is a talent in himself and all, but i really don't get the feeling (yet) that he will be the franchise. Would you want to spend franchise money on him right now? (hmm.. actually, are we spending franchise money on him?)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:27 am
tomstead wrote:While it also seems to me that the offensive flow is better without Davis I read in a recent article that the Warriors winning percentage without him is only 33%.


offensive flow doesn't equate to made shots or a better offense...it just means the ball moves more...but so what?

so what if the ball 'moves' better without baron. that means more touches for those that aren't capable scorers.

basketball, from an offensive standpoint, is not an equal opportunity team sport...your best offensive weapons should have or be given the ball the most. it's about knowing your role and not trying to do things you're not capable of.

and since we have no one that can create consistently off the dribble other than BD (monta sometimes), the ball needs to be in his hands.

it's no wonder why without him they only win 33%.

Role Player
Posts: 284
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:35 am
aletha33 wrote:offensive flow doesn't equate to made shots or a better offense...it just means the ball moves more...but so what?

so what if the ball 'moves' better without baron. that means more touches for those that aren't capable scorers.

basketball, from an offensive standpoint, is not an equal opportunity team sport...your best offensive weapons should have or be given the ball the most. it's about knowing your role and not trying to do things you're not capable of.

and since we have no one that can create consistently off the dribble other than BD (monta sometimes), the ball needs to be in his hands.

it's no wonder why without him they only win 33%.

Good post Aletha! I like to see ball movement, but when push comes to shove, I want to see the ball in my scorers hands. Whether it be Baron, Monta or sometimes Al, I want those guys with the ball more times than not.

As I have said in other threads, the Warriors just need to learn what the definition of a good shot and bad shot are. They take some wild shots all too often and no player, other than maybe Biedrins and Foyle, is afraid to jack up any shot at any time in the game.

It seems like when a player gets the ball he always has a one track mind and that is to shoot. I am all for getting others involved, but not to the extent where in Monday night's game Monta gets very few shots in the 3rd quarter or how Biedrins gets no touches.

Nellie needs to teach this team when it is right and wrong to take shots. If he is the offensive guru he claims he is, he needs to teach these guys the principles of good decision making and shot selection in the very near future. I do not need to continue to seeing Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington shoot a combined 7 for 33 on a given night. That is getting old in a hurry.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 529
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:35 am
aletha33 wrote:
tomstead wrote:While it also seems to me that the offensive flow is better without Davis I read in a recent article that the Warriors winning percentage without him is only 33%.


offensive flow doesn't equate to made shots or a better offense...it just means the ball moves more...but so what?

so what if the ball 'moves' better without baron. that means more touches for those that aren't capable scorers.

basketball, from an offensive standpoint, is not an equal opportunity team sport...your best offensive weapons should have or be given the ball the most. it's about knowing your role and not trying to do things you're not capable of.

and since we have no one that can create consistently off the dribble other than BD (monta sometimes), the ball needs to be in his hands.

it's no wonder why without him they only win 33%.


Your theory doesn't work when the guy pounding the ball has the worst shooting percentage on the team. Not to mention the two guys he passes it to the most, have the 2nd and 3rd worse shooting percentages on the team (Al and SJax).

I wonder what the winning percentage is without him for just this year?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:07 am
jsw548 wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
tomstead wrote:While it also seems to me that the offensive flow is better without Davis I read in a recent article that the Warriors winning percentage without him is only 33%.


offensive flow doesn't equate to made shots or a better offense...it just means the ball moves more...but so what?

so what if the ball 'moves' better without baron. that means more touches for those that aren't capable scorers.

basketball, from an offensive standpoint, is not an equal opportunity team sport...your best offensive weapons should have or be given the ball the most. it's about knowing your role and not trying to do things you're not capable of.

and since we have no one that can create consistently off the dribble other than BD (monta sometimes), the ball needs to be in his hands.

it's no wonder why without him they only win 33%.


Your theory doesn't work when the guy pounding the ball has the worst shooting percentage on the team. Not to mention the two guys he passes it to the most, have the 2nd and 3rd worse shooting percentages on the team (Al and SJax).

I wonder what the winning percentage is without him for just this year?


sorry jsw, i'd have to disagree with you entirely. our theory is THE only theory that fits in with the warriors (and with Nellie's system).

again, who do you imagine will be taking the shots? more importantly, HOW do you think these shot will be created?

shooting percentage is low? ya, true as it may be, do you think anyone else will be able to shoot a higher percentage????? HEEEELL NO.

so jsw, what sort of offense do you propose? and don't give me generalities like 'more ball movement' and 'more player movement' ...gimme specifics.

then i may listen to how you think this theory doesn't work.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 964
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:45 pm
jsw548 wrote:
I wonder what the winning percentage is without him for just this year?


The win %'s without beloved Baron wont be valid because hes still taking up 18 million in cap space. You know....
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21731
» Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:53 am
Going by this season, Baron is definately the franchise player and has performed better than perhaps any player on the team for some seasons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests