Baron Davis - Surgery

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 2856
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:38 pm
Bob Fitzgerald states that Baron Davis is scheduled to have surgery on his knee tomorrow but should return before the end of the season.

Does Cabbage start at point guard with Monta as his backup?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:49 pm
There's an article on that from Jenny Hu or you can go on the GSoM site if anyone wants more inside info on it.

Anyway, I believe so. But the starting report said Azubuike is starting with Monta so iono.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:08 pm
Say goodbye to playoffs!

Rookie
Posts: 3
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:25 pm
uptempo wrote:Bob Fitzgerald states that Baron Davis is scheduled to have surgery on his knee tomorrow but should return before the end of the season.

Does Cabbage start at point guard with Monta as his backup?


That is troubling news, I was afraid of that, as soon as it was known that he was going to see the specialist in LA. I don't think Cabbage will start, Nellie tried that earlier and it was a disaster. He does not have the handles to play PG, average opposing PG's usually torch him. He will more than likely play SG w/ Monta at point. I think we are in trouble.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 529
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:46 pm
dr. dunk wrote:
uptempo wrote:Bob Fitzgerald states that Baron Davis is scheduled to have surgery on his knee tomorrow but should return before the end of the season.

Does Cabbage start at point guard with Monta as his backup?


That is troubling news, I was afraid of that, as soon as it was known that he was going to see the specialist in LA. I don't think Cabbage will start, Nellie tried that earlier and it was a disaster. He does not have the handles to play PG, average opposing PG's usually torch him. He will more than likely play SG w/ Monta at point. I think we are in trouble.


I think we're in great shape with Monta at point. He only has 1 turnover in each of the last three games. He's also starting to hit his mid range jumpers. If Azubuike starts with him, I think we'll be ok in the back court.
I'd also like to see Josh, Andris and Al start in the front court. I'd be happiest with that lineup until JRich gets back into the starting lineup.

All Star
Posts: 2856
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:13 pm
I believe there are quite a few people on this board who believe that the Warriors are better without Davis. I do not believe this to be true; however, we now get to see if this is the case.

Role Player
Posts: 344
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:22 pm
Anyone know exactly whats wrong with baron? Last i heard it was a bone bruise but i know he a history of ACL problems.

Rookie
Posts: 3
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:50 pm
uptempo wrote:I believe there are quite a few people on this board who believe that the Warriors are better without Davis. I do not believe this to be true; however, we now get to see if this is the case.


I do not advocate that we are better without Baron, I think we will have to grow up real fast to reach the playoffs. Baron brings a diminision to our game that no one else can at this point in our post-season developement.

All Star
Posts: 2035
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:47 pm
Top 5 pick here we come!!! YES!!!!!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:04 pm
dr. dunk wrote:
uptempo wrote:I believe there are quite a few people on this board who believe that the Warriors are better without Davis. I do not believe this to be true; however, we now get to see if this is the case.


I do not advocate that we are better without Baron, I think we will have to grow up real fast to reach the playoffs. Baron brings a diminision to our game that no one else can at this point in our post-season developement.


That is because you really can't. You can't judge this team with and without Baron, it's hard to say. This team is young, it seems as if they don't have enough talent to bring us past April. I'd like to say that's not true, but let's face it... it's true.

When you look at the Warriors scenario, what they really need is a vet down low. If they can get one, playoffs... well let's just say, the probability will be much higher.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 964
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:06 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
That is because you really can't. You can't judge this team with and without Baron, it's hard to say. This team is young, it seems as if they don't have enough talent to bring us past April. I'd like to say that's not true, but let's face it... it's true.

When you look at the Warriors scenario, what they really need is a vet down low. If they can get one, playoffs... well let's just say, the probability will be much higher.


AMEN,

Plus you cant say if we are better without Baron when his 18 million is still on payroll. Lets use that 18 million and see if that team with whoever we sign/trade for is better than this team is now.

Role Player
Posts: 284
» Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:05 am
While I do not think the team is better without Baron, this could be a blessing in disguise. As I have said, I think the playoffs are nearly out of the question at this point.

Therefore, let's see what this team can do without Baron. It will be interesting to see how Monta does playing full time at point guard and how the team as a whole responds to Baron's absence.

I must admit that when Baron is NOT playing the ball moves around more and more players seem to get involved. Monte is still learning the position but as he becomes more accustomed to the role, I think we will see some solid assist numbers from him. He will always be a score first PG in my mind, but I think he will be able to create for his teammates as well. Not nearly as well as Baron could but I think he can do just fine.

I do not think the Warriors wins will dramatically fall off with this injury. Richardson will be back after the break, no pun intended.

I would like to see a lineup of Monta, Richardson, Andris, Harrington and Barnes. I believe Jackson needs to come off the bench. Your first few off the bench will be Pietrus, Jackson, Azubuike, Powell and Jasikevicus.

All Star
Posts: 2035
» Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:36 am
There was a quote I read Baron told Matt Barnes that he expects to only miss a week or two after the All-Star game. He should just sit out the season look what happened to JR and Kobe's knee when they tried to rush back!!!!

All Star
Posts: 1216
» Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:30 pm
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... O3ND41.DTL

so she says or implies BD is the franchise player.. So what is JRich, table scraps?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:33 pm
tkono wrote:so she says or implies BD is the franchise player.. So what is JRich, table scraps?


It doesn't surprise me. I'm pretty sure that around 70% of the people considers Baron the franchise player.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 6 guests