Michael Pietrus

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:17 pm
AzubuikeFan wrote:Kelenna Azubuike continues to out perform most of the lottery picks this season.

Azubuike has played in 18 games(5 starts) and despite only averaging 21 mins/game

Among Rookies Kelenna Azubuike is:

1st in 3pt fg% at 50% (2nd in the NBA behind only Jason Kapono)

3rd in Effeciency

4th in Points/game at 10.1(only Brandon Roy, Adam Morrison, and Andrea Bargnani score more and they all play more minutes and Kelenna shoots a higher overall fg% than all of them)

5th in combined points/rebs/assists

7th in Steals/game

13th in Free Throw percentage

13th in Rebounds/game

15th in Blocks/game

16th in Assists/game

Most points in a game by a rookie this season so far is a 30pt game from Adam Morrison. 2nd most is a tie: Kelenna Azubuike and Brandon Roy both have a 28pt game.

His Hollinger PER rating is 19.5 as a Shooting Guard is by far the highest on his team.

By comparison Jason Richardson's PER rating at shooting guard for last season(one of his best) was 20.1

He has started the last 2 games and in those games averaged:

19.5pts/game (13-22 fg, 5-8 3pt, 8-9 FT), 3 rbs/gm, 1 ast/gm, .5 st/gm, 1.5 blk/gm

He did have one bad rebounding game out of the 2 but for the season he averages 3.2 rbs/game

in 20 mins.... the same as Steven Jackson averages in 35 mins/game and more than Monta Ellis

averages in 34 mins/game.

Azubuike has shown on several occasions that he can be a 35 minute 20 point 5 rebound a night player as a rookie... and generally speaking.. players get better their sophomore season :)

Kelenna, is that you?
Nothing good comes easily...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:20 am
I'm a huge Azuibuke fan.

I hope we keep him. I'm ranking his resign just behind Monta and Biedrins.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball