Michael Pietrus

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:12 am
How severe is his ankle sprain? Are any sources speculating how long he'll be out of action?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:25 am
As far as I know, he's listed as day-to-day.

btw, welcome to the board...
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:36 am
I read that Pietrus and Davis are not travelling with the team tonight. Hopefully that means another start for Azubuike. :)

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:46 pm
AzubuikeFan wrote:I read that Pietrus and Davis are not travelling with the team tonight. Hopefully that means another start for Azubuike. :)

You related to Azu? Go to school with him? Just curious.

I wouldnt mind Azu starting next to Monta. As of right now Roonie and Azu are in the same boat in my opinion.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:31 pm
Money wrote:
AzubuikeFan wrote:I read that Pietrus and Davis are not travelling with the team tonight. Hopefully that means another start for Azubuike. :)

You related to Azu? Go to school with him? Just curious.

I wouldnt mind Azu starting next to Monta. As of right now Roonie and Azu are in the same boat in my opinion.

Not a relative... just a life long Kentucky Wildcats fan.. and Kelenna is my favorite Wildcat of all time. I've been following his career since UK started recruiting him in HS. He played for Victory Christian HS in Tulsa, OK. He was a 4 yr HS varsity starter averaging 20pts/gm as a Freshman, 30 as a Soph. and 40 pts/gm both his Junior and Senior years. He averaged over 50% fg% and around 46% 3pt% in HS. He played in several of the big HS allstar games with Lebron and Carmello.

He completely had his hands tied by UK's awful offense under Tubby Smith and it took him a year away from UK to get his offensive game back. He is a very good man-to-man defender... just doesn't do as well in a zone.

He is/will be as good or better than any swingman that the W's have.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:01 pm
Azabukie plays no "D". That's the only gripe I have with him... that and sometimes he has a hard time finishing.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:15 pm
TMC wrote:As far as I know, he's listed as day-to-day.

btw, welcome to the board...

Thanks for the info and the welcome.

Dan
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:47 pm
WestCoast O wrote:Azabukie plays no "D". That's the only gripe I have with him... that and sometimes he has a hard time finishing.

I must protest, tonight I saw him make a couple great blocks and play some good lockdown D.....And he obviosly likes shooting 3's from deep above the top of the key. The kid is golden, I had my doubts up until tonight, but now he has really proved he is not a 10-day contract guy....He is no Melvin Booker
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:55 pm
David Wood wrote:
WestCoast O wrote:Azabukie plays no "D". That's the only gripe I have with him... that and sometimes he has a hard time finishing.

I must protest, tonight I saw him make a couple great blocks and play some good lockdown D.....And he obviosly likes shooting 3's from deep above the top of the key. The kid is golden, I had my doubts up until tonight, but now he has really proved he is not a 10-day contract guy....He is no Melvin Booker

I agree... and I think he will stick around for next season...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:22 am
JayPat wrote:
David Wood wrote:

I've got my doubts about that. He's in the same situation Barnes is... the better they play, the better offers they'll get. And we're not in a position match many offers (as we'll have to also extend Biedrins and Monta).

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:15 pm
AzubuikeFan wrote:
He is/will be as good or better than any swingman that the W's have.

JRich included? Monta?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:22 pm
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:
David Wood wrote:

I've got my doubts about that. He's in the same situation Barnes is... the better they play, the better offers they'll get. And we're not in a position match many offers (as we'll have to also extend Biedrins and Monta).

Honestly, I don't think Azubuike is going to get many offers better than the Warriors will give him. Other teams will show interest, but not that much to make him leave.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:53 am
JayPat wrote:Honestly, I don't think Azubuike is going to get many offers better than the Warriors will give him. Other teams will show interest, but not that much to make him leave.

Yeah, sure. I'm just saying that, being over the cap, we probably won't offer him more than the minimum and he'll probably get more from other teams. With that said, we may get a discount for bringing him to the NBA...
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:06 am
Kelenna Azubuike continues to out perform most of the lottery picks this season.

Azubuike has played in 18 games(5 starts) and despite only averaging 21 mins/game

Among Rookies Kelenna Azubuike is:

1st in 3pt fg% at 50% (2nd in the NBA behind only Jason Kapono)

3rd in Effeciency

4th in Points/game at 10.1(only Brandon Roy, Adam Morrison, and Andrea Bargnani score more and they all play more minutes and Kelenna shoots a higher overall fg% than all of them)

5th in combined points/rebs/assists

7th in Steals/game

13th in Free Throw percentage

13th in Rebounds/game

15th in Blocks/game

16th in Assists/game

Most points in a game by a rookie this season so far is a 30pt game from Adam Morrison. 2nd most is a tie: Kelenna Azubuike and Brandon Roy both have a 28pt game.

His Hollinger PER rating is 19.5 as a Shooting Guard is by far the highest on his team.

By comparison Jason Richardson's PER rating at shooting guard for last season(one of his best) was 20.1

He has started the last 2 games and in those games averaged:

19.5pts/game (13-22 fg, 5-8 3pt, 8-9 FT), 3 rbs/gm, 1 ast/gm, .5 st/gm, 1.5 blk/gm

He did have one bad rebounding game out of the 2 but for the season he averages 3.2 rbs/game

in 20 mins.... the same as Steven Jackson averages in 35 mins/game and more than Monta Ellis

averages in 34 mins/game.

Azubuike has shown on several occasions that he can be a 35 minute 20 point 5 rebound a night player as a rookie... and generally speaking.. players get better their sophomore season :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:47 am
The team definately has alot of swingmen and all have done well on more than one occasion this season. Mullin could really offer a trade of two swingmen for something good because it really wouldn't hurt the team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball