Warriors Top 10 Issues for the Rest of the Season

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What means the most to Golden State's season?

Jason Richardson coming back at 100%.
65%
Baron Davis continuing his career season.
9%
The continued contributions from players aquired in the Pacers/Warriors trade.
No votes
The continued contributions from semi-franchise players, like Biedrins and Ellis.
26%
The continued contributions from role players, like Barnes and Pietrus
No votes

Total votes : 23

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:41 am
xbaywarrior wrote:But UNTIL the Warriors finally make a 5, 6, 7 game winning streak run, they ain't goin no where this year.

Yeah, but you can say that about any of the teams fighting for that last playoff spot. If any of those teams has a good streak of wins, it's over for the others.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:37 pm
BY wrote:I chose the return of J.Rich, but I don't think it's possible he'll return at 100%. He's had leg surgery and an arm injury, we can't expect him to come back and put up 23 ppg.

I don't think Richardson will put up 23, either... but I attribute it more to the increase in fire-power this year (aka, Monta, Al, SJax, ect) than his injuries. If he's healed up, he'll certainly be capable of 23 a night... but, like I said, he's averaging nearly 10 less shots a night this season. He's getting less looks.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:43 pm
I still see him averaging 20-21 though, and I think the less shots can be partially attributed to his injury. No one wants to run an offense through an injured player.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:12 pm
I don't think 21 a game is a stretch... but it's just simple physics. More firepower means sharing the ball more. With less shots, Rich' will get less points.

If we can maintain 21 a game from Richardson, 18 a game from Baron, 17 a game from Ellis, and 16 or 17 a game from Harrington, we'll be insanely good. How many teams in the league have 4 guys scoring more than 15 points a game...?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:15 pm
Yeah, I think Harrington will stay at 18 a game, Monta will be at 17 and Jackson at 15, but it's a lot of firepower. Remember that we'll probably be losing Pietrus and maybe Barnes so there will be a little more shots to go around.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:17 pm
JayPat wrote:Remember that we'll probably be losing Pietrus and maybe Barnes so there will be a little more shots to go around.

I think Barnes is more likely to leave than Pietrus.

Mickael has stated that he WANTS to remain a Warrior... and Barnes will get a lot of offers, after this season. He's having a good year but, as I've said before, it all smells like a 1-hit-wonder thing.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:28 am
JayPat wrote:Yeah, I think Harrington will stay at 18 a game, Monta will be at 17 and Jackson at 15, but it's a lot of firepower. Remember that we'll probably be losing Pietrus and maybe Barnes so there will be a little more shots to go around.

I think that, once J-Rich is back, Monta's and Jackson's numbers will go down... simply because they'll be the ones losing the shots.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:57 pm
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:I think that, once J-Rich is back, Monta's and Jackson's numbers will go down... simply because they'll be the ones losing the shots.

I hope montas number stays up because that will mean hes getting the same amount of minutes. Ive been pretty easy going with this new squad and all the losing, but if dont make the playoffs and Monta's minutes are cut Im gonna be pissed.

Same with Biedrins.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:38 pm
Well, it's the end of the month.

Richardson's been back one game and fans are already putting the franchise tag back on him. Baron Davis has gone down with another near-season-ending injury. Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins continue to be counted on. Chris Mullin decided to pass on a Pietrus/Juan Dixon swap. And Patrick O'Bryant's back on the roster.

Right now, the biggest issue for Golden State seems like the previous #5:

32 wrote:5) How often can the Warriors rely on Al Harrington? - Right now, Harrington's averaging 19.2 PPG as a Warrior (second to only Baron Davis). But look at his up-and-down FG% in Golden State (keep in mind, he's never shot less than 11 shots in a game and averages 16.1 attempts per night as a Warrior): 19%, 68%, 71%, 82%, 33%, 47%, 27%, 35%, 35%, 33%. Harrington is a very streaky player. The question Golden State needs answered is: can Harrington carry the scoring load often enough to be counted on... or should they keep relying too heavily on Baron Davis and Monta Ellis?

With Baron out, the Warriors need their role players to step up (yes, even with the return of Richardson). Harrington has, traditionally, been a pretty streaky player. Right now, I'd take Al putting up 16 or 17 a night, consistently, rather than 30 one night and 11 the next.

Also, how much can the Warriors rely on an INJURED Baron Davis? Obviously, when he returns, the Warriors are expected to get a jumpstart... so does that mean they can slack off and slide a bit down the standings, while still making the playoffs when Baron returns? Or do they need to keep themselves in the hunt, because Davis is incapable of pushing us that far by himself?

How far can Baron Davis take us with only 20 games left on his season? Or 15? Or, possibly, as little as 10...?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:41 pm
Let's just see what the team can do over the next 2 weeks to really see how JRich affects the team. I'd like to see what happens with guys like Harrington (a guy that likes to shoot alot), SJackson (also likes to shoot alot( and wingmen like Barnes and Pietrus. Ellis will likely not get as many shots as well. Not only does everybody need to stay happy and keep their eyes on the objective of making the playoffs, but everyone still needs to have a role

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:56 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:But UNTIL the Warriors finally make a 5, 6, 7 game winning streak run, they ain't goin no where this year.

Yeah, but you can say that about any of the teams fighting for that last playoff spot. If any of those teams has a good streak of wins, it's over for the others.

Yes, but out of all those teams competing a spot, they've all gone on long win streaks, the Warriors have not. That's why the Warriors could very well make the playoffs. You can only go so long without winning 5+ games in a row.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:05 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yes, but out of all those teams competing a spot, they've all gone on long win streaks, the Warriors have not. That's why the Warriors could very well make the playoffs. You can only go so long without winning 5+ games in a row.

We wish but the fact is that if a team hasn't had a long winning streak it is probably not that good. The team just has to win a few on the road and it will make all the difference. They get back to 50% and the confidence should really get much better because the two teams above them are not too far out of reach

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:40 am
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:

We wish but the fact is that if a team hasn't had a long winning streak it is probably not that good. The team just has to win a few on the road and it will make all the difference. They get back to 50% and the confidence should really get much better because the two teams above them are not too far out of reach

The Warriors certainly have the weapons to pull off a long win streak. If they can do it, it'll be the Nuggets, Warriors, and Hornets most likely fighting for the spots. Those are my teams to fight to the end this season..
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:16 am
I agree x, The Warriors have battled adversity all year long and if a streak is on the horizon it would be right on time [-o<

The Hornets have the favorable scheduel for the next month, Denver has a tough stretch which includes the Hornets then Warriors on a back to back...
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:22 am
When the team gets fully healthy or close to it, which should happen soon, a streak could happen but one game at a time is the only way and things have been better lately. Hornets are in it and the Nugs look like a two man team which is a shock

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball