Baron Davis is NOT a Quitter!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:06 pm
uptempo wrote:
You make some good points here; however, how do you explain the Nets home game where Baron got the defensive rebound, pounded the ball upcourt and then hit Monta with a perfect pass for a game winning shot? That sure looked like a great display of leadership, unselfishness, and judgement by Baron playing at the point and Monta at the 2.



Yea this was an awesome play by Baron, but it was a last second play and cant be compared to what happens on a more normal basis.

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:25 pm
Money wrote:
uptempo wrote:
You make some good points here; however, how do you explain the Nets home game where Baron got the defensive rebound, pounded the ball upcourt and then hit Monta with a perfect pass for a game winning shot? That sure looked like a great display of leadership, unselfishness, and judgement by Baron playing at the point and Monta at the 2.



Yea this was an awesome play by Baron, but it was a last second play and cant be compared to what happens on a more normal basis.


Please explain this to me. I don't get what your gripe is about Baron.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:53 am
uptempo wrote:
Money wrote:
uptempo wrote:
You make some good points here; however, how do you explain the Nets home game where Baron got the defensive rebound, pounded the ball upcourt and then hit Monta with a perfect pass for a game winning shot? That sure looked like a great display of leadership, unselfishness, and judgement by Baron playing at the point and Monta at the 2.



Yea this was an awesome play by Baron, but it was a last second play and cant be compared to what happens on a more normal basis.


Please explain this to me. I don't get what your gripe is about Baron.


No gripe. Just saying this play is not a normal play in which you can make an assesment on someones habits and skills. Its kind of like someone hitting a 3 from half court at the end of a half. Doesnt mean a person is gonna make that shot everytime during a regular game situation.

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:06 am
Why try to make Baron into something other than what he is? Baron is a point guard, period! He has alwyas been a point puard. his assist to turnover ratio is one of the best in the league. Now don't you want someone like that to be your point guard. We have been looking for a first class point guard for years, we now have one and some of you want to change him to a shooting guard. I don't understand the logic. reduce his minutes, OK. Change his position, I hope not. Plus, Baron is not the greatest shooter in the world. :agrue:

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:25 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:Why try to make Baron into something other than what he is? Baron is a point guard, period! He has alwyas been a point puard. his assist to turnover ratio is one of the best in the league. Now don't you want someone like that to be your point guard. We have been looking for a first class point guard for years, we now have one and some of you want to change him to a shooting guard. I don't understand the logic. reduce his minutes, OK. Change his position, I hope not. Plus, Baron is not the greatest shooter in the world. :agrue:



No one really wants to make him a SG, folks are just talking about ways we can form a championship team with beloved Baron on it. Giving him 40 minutes a night at PG isnt gonna work. Needs proof look at his last 5 years games played stat.

I go with cut his minutes and develop an offense that is not so reliant on him creating for everyone.

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:33 pm
Money wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:Why try to make Baron into something other than what he is? Baron is a point guard, period! He has alwyas been a point puard. his assist to turnover ratio is one of the best in the league. Now don't you want someone like that to be your point guard. We have been looking for a first class point guard for years, we now have one and some of you want to change him to a shooting guard. I don't understand the logic. reduce his minutes, OK. Change his position, I hope not. Plus, Baron is not the greatest shooter in the world. :agrue:



No one really wants to make him a SG, folks are just talking about ways we can form a championship team with beloved Baron on it. Giving him 40 minutes a night at PG isnt gonna work. Needs proof look at his last 5 years games played stat.

I go with cut his minutes and develop an offense that is not so reliant on him creating for everyone.


A Mo Cheeks, traditional point guard is not what a Nelson offense calls for. Nelson likes guys who jack up threes, looks to get into the paint and shoot first before thinking about the assist, and lastly a guy who can dish the ball to a cutting big man.

Baron fits this description perfectly.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:18 am
uptempo wrote:Nelson likes guys who jack up threes, looks to get into the paint and shoot first before thinking about the assist, and lastly a guy who can dish the ball to a cutting big man.


He also worked well with Steve Nash, tho.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:55 pm
TMC wrote:
uptempo wrote:Nelson likes guys who jack up threes, looks to get into the paint and shoot first before thinking about the assist, and lastly a guy who can dish the ball to a cutting big man.


He also worked well with Steve Nash, tho.


Boo-Yah. Yea I think you pigeonhole Nelson a little too much, Im sure he can make adjustments according to his personal. I dont see monta jackin up threes???
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests