Baron Davis is a Quitter

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:29 pm
jsw548 wrote:
#32 wrote:
DazMan32 wrote:I cant believe you people, Baron is a star, he misses a game through injury in which we win anyway, and you start to scape goat him as the problem with the Warriors.

:roll: You'll get used to it.

This forum blames, whines, and complains more than anything else. If you're looking for team support, you're in the complete wrong place. Trust me. I've posted more than just about anyone here. I know this place.


And yet your still here.

Yeah, I figured a Warriors forum should at least have one fan on it.

Rookie
Posts: 36
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:36 pm
TMC wrote:
tradedunleavy wrote:Ive always been a HUGE Baron supporter/defender since the trade. Then at the end of last year he quit on us but i gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now hes doing it again and im just calling it how i see it.


Wait a bit, buddy. It's true that he did it while with the Hornets... but that doesn't mean he's doing it again. Let's see what happens before calling him a quitter. It's just one game...


In your opinion did he quit on us at the end of last season???

All Star
Posts: 1216
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:58 pm
Ya Baron seemingly quit on the hornets in the past, but a lot of players nowadays are being told by coaches/trainers/doctors to stay out and preserve their health before committing to playing again. Even for seemingly minor things like bruised heels, strained knees, calf pulls, cramps, etc

I saw a 49ers article in sfgate that totally shed light on the former players during the glory days and where they are at now. Their prognosis' were not good. Shredded knees, nerve damage to eyes, fused vertebrae, etc. Although bball injuries are usually not as severe, it takes a toll on knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands, fingers, etc. I can see how they and the fans want them to be in the game, but right now, leagues really want to not have to face the type of lawsuit the NFL is undergoing right now so i think a lot of teams are playing it safe...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:11 pm
uptempo wrote:This thread is very bizarre. We are actually debating the merits of Baron Davis's play, and he is being labeled a "quitter."

Point guard is the most difficult position to play (unless the team is running the triangle offense), and Baron Davis does it better than anyone other than Nash, Parker, Billups, and Arenas.

Yes, he is injury-prone. That is the reason why Cabbage was a good pick-up to be his backup.

Without Baron Davis, this team would be in big trouble. Why do you think that Nelson tried to have Dunleavy run the offense? It is because he, Nelson, did not have anyone else to do it besides Baron Davis.


thank you uptempo...

what are you all on? how is baron quitting? sounds like you guys are just regurgitating what you heard back in his charlotte days...and claiming that sh*t as your own...

what is he supposed to be the six million dollar man? somebody mentioned something about this board being full of whiners... i mean, if you're gonna whine, make sure you claims are of SOOOME kind of substance...

not sh*t you're pulling from out of your asses...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:13 pm
zshook wrote:We beat the Pacers because we hit our shots early and maintained our lead. we lost some of the previous games beacause no one was hitting anything
and the Cavs and Hawks were. the Bobcats game I think the whole team just ran out of steam. You are an ideot if you think BD quit on us once this year, he has willed us to win most of the games we won this year and is our leader.
Get Real.


again, nicely said...

the team doesn't hit shots...oh ya, that's BD's fault.

gimme a MF break.

Rookie
Posts: 3
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:17 pm
u guys are so dumb for saying BD's a quitter i think u guys are the quitter he is the one who worked his ass off for the Warriors to win games u call that quitting i dont think so :?:
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:31 pm
aletha33 wrote:thank you uptempo...

what are you all on? how is baron quitting? sounds like you guys are just regurgitating what you heard back in his charlotte days...and claiming that sh*t as your own...

what is he supposed to be the six million dollar man? somebody mentioned something about this board being full of whiners... i mean, if you're gonna whine, make sure you claims are of SOOOME kind of substance...

not sh*t you're pulling from out of your asses...

Dude... you do know that he's saying Baron Davis ISN'T quitting, right...?

uptempo wrote:This thread is very bizarre. We are actually debating the merits of Baron Davis's play, and he is being labeled a "quitter.

Point guard is the most difficult position to play (unless the team is running the triangle offense), and Baron Davis does it better than anyone other than Nash, Parker, Billups, and Arenas.

Yes, he is injury-prone. That is the reason why Cabbage was a good pick-up to be his backup.

Without Baron Davis, this team would be in big trouble. Why do you think that Nelson tried to have Dunleavy run the offense? It is because he, Nelson, did not have anyone else to do it besides Baron Davis.

...? What's your problem with what he's saying?

btw...

Jasikevicius sucks!!!!!!! wrote:u guys are so dumb for saying BD's a quitter i think u guys are the quitter he is the one who worked his ass off for the Warriors to win games u call that quitting i dont think so :?:

::lol: GREAT name, bro. Welcome.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:18 pm
anyone here had a bone bruise on the knee? You basically can't walk for a week... :roll:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:19 pm
Yeah, he'll be out for a couple games according to the CCT.

This thread is pointless. To think, we're actually arguing over Baron quitting? Damn, where's the emoticon with the smiley laughing so hard he falls to the floor? The dude can't even walk straight, give him a damn break. It's true, we bashed on MP, Murphleavy, Foyle... but what Warrior fan hasn't? I've heard a ton of people inside and outside the Oracle showing their disgust and approval of those players. What if Nash went down for a couple games(which he is) or Garnett and their teams were struggling? Would you say they're quitting? I don't care if their injury prone or not, if you're not going to bash on a team leader who was diagnosed with a minor injury then why should Baron be labeled as a quitter? Stop the labeling, because you're just doing it yourself.

So in other words, Baron is not quitting on the team, you are. This thought is absurb.

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:26 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
So in other words, Baron is not quitting on the team, you are. This thought is absurb.
Exactamundo :!:
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 21
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:30 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:
Well first off you know your on an online message board right,


Oh so thats what ive been posting on.

people are always gonna be "player bashing" someone. I never bashed Troy or Pieturs, but im sure there are tons of people who did.


I am well aware that player bashing does occur, usually after a loss, but i was just stating that it shouldnt be as constant as it is with you. I mean look at your UserName.

Baron quits on his teams when they start losing plain and simple. He did it with the hornets, he did it last year with us and hes doing it again.


He never quit on us last year. And if asking to be traded to a nicer location, ie Oakland, where he can play out his last few NBA seasons (and im quite sure he was originally from this area) is quitting then there must be a massive amount of quitters running around in the NBA.

Hes a quitter, why are you so mad at us for? You should mad at him for quitting.

Ive always been a HUGE Baron supporter/defender since the trade. Then at the end of last year he quit on us but i gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now hes doing it again and im just calling it how i see it.


Again Baron has never quit on us, and i have never said i was angry, just annoyed that our star player is being questioned like this.

Of course you are entitled to "call it as you see it" which you have done, just as i'm entitled to respond with how i see it.

All Star
Posts: 2885
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:11 pm
When a guy is injured and cannot play that does not mean that he is not quitting on the team.

Baron Davis, while somewhat fragile physically, is the floor leader of this team. Nelson, his teammates, the rest of the league recognizes his value. What the hell is wrong with the Warrior fans who are questioning his desire to play?
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 851
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:02 pm
So by your reasoning the cavs would be better off without lebron because they have won a few games without him in the line-up. What you failed to see was that even though we won we had NOBODY to handle the ball and take care of posessions with baron out. Teams can often pull out a few wins without their superstars but if we have to go any extended period of time without Baron we will be tough to watch....
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:53 pm
Agreed. All this Baron hating is nonsense. Anyone notice the 24 turnovers the last game?
Why did we win without Baron, and with some hinting that the ball was moving better? 1. The Pacers shot 35% 2. We hit our shots. 11-17 65% from the 3 point arc. That’s 33 points in 3s alone (enough points for a very good quarter) vs. our recent 6 – 12 points in 3s. There’s your difference.

If we were anywhere decent in scoring in the 2nd half against the Bobcats, this would be 3 wins in a row; on the road; and playing man-to-man (vs. that BS zone w/ the Cavs and Hawks).

Yes, Baron can take ill-advised shots, and yes, he can sometimes slow it down by keeping the ball too long (but sometimes people don’t cut & move). But yes, he’s our playmaker. Yes, he runs/feeds fast breaks like no one can. Yes, he’s our only penetrator—and simply unstoppable in the league. Yes, he can pick guys’ pockets and he’s quick with the hands. Yes, he plays the pick and roll well. Yes, he can break down the defense. And yes, he sees and dishes like no one else can.

Who else do we have or in the league who can do that with any consistency? Hmmm…, how about, no one, and close to no one.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1357
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:55 pm
JRich has generally played through injuries and I must say I admire his heart but I don't think it necessarily is wise for either the Warriors or the player.

Baron definitely played games when his wrists were hurting. I don't think any serious warrior fan would say he's a quitter. In fact I am glad that he gets a couple of days rest because you know he couldn't go 40+ minutes for every game without having something happen. Atleast this doesn't seem to be that serious.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests