Baron Davis is a Quitter

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Man im tired of Barons crap. Any time his team starts to tank a bit he quits. Hes a quitter plain and simple. He did it with the hornets, did it to us last year and now hes doing it again.

I say trade him ASAP and lets go with some REAL WARRIORS Monta and JRICH in the backcourt.

I know Montas gonna need time, but wth Monta at PG, JRich at SG, Harrinton at SF, TBA at PF and Biedrins at C we got a young young talented and somewhat experienced core.

Baron "Prima Dona" Davis!!!!!

Yep ive opened my eyes to what everyone else in the NBA has been saying...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 pm
It's being proven once again in the first quarter tonight. The W's play much better without Baron. The ball is constantly moving and we are getting great looks at the basket. Damn, I wish we could play this way all the time. I'm sick of Baron and his ball dominating ways. Look how smooth our offense runs without him.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:48 pm
U know I never really had a problem with BD when hes on the court, but it does seem like our offense is much smoother without BD. Its almost like BD slows the offense down so much in the half court, that it forces him to make the spectacular plays he SOMETIMES makes with the clock running down.

So far I like what i see with Monta at the point
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:59 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:U know I never really had a problem with BD when hes on the court, but it does seem like our offense is much smoother without BD. Its almost like BD slows the offense down so much in the half court, that it forces him to make the spectacular plays he SOMETIMES makes with the clock running down.

So far I like what i see with Monta at the point

I do agree, the offense seems to run smoother without BD. There was a couple games that prove that. I believe one was that Phoenix game where Baron was out and Monta exploded. We lost(thanks to Nash's dagger three), but the offense kept pace the whole game.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:18 pm
Just wait until J-Rich comes back. This team is going to go into code red (not good).

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:13 pm
BD essentially has no value, with the Hornets siding with the coach and not the overpaid, overweight talented but underacheiving will never be a all-star point guard. His effort has been better than year's past, but not nearly to the level of an AI, Steve Nash or even his Padma (Monta Ellis). With a lucky bounce of the ball and a late season traditional fade, we may actually have an outstanding team. On the other hand, doesn't Harrington remind you of a more athletic T-Murphy (crap shooter, no defense (forget about rebounds) and scores more the perimeter than the paint). The writing is on the wall, Mullin has decided to throw his fortunes with Biedrins, Ellis and a plethora of swingmen that are essentially a dime a dozen the the league. With a year of conditioning, and a speedy point guard(from the draft or trade) and/or veteran banger (PJ Brown type), we might actually have a team.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:47 pm
I cant believe you people, Baron is a star, he misses a game through injury in which we win anyway, and you start to scape goat him as the problem with the Warriors. If we make the playoffs Baron will be the key to us winning games, he is a matchwinner and a perfect mentor for Monta.

I cant believe you would come down so hard on our best, most consistent player so far this season.

It never ends with you guys, when Dun and Murph left i thought the constant player bashing would end, but no, you just start on other guys like Pietrus and now Davis of all people. How could you guys question these two, who give their all for this club, usually while battling through an injury, they cant all play 82 games with a clean bill of health.

Baron had to have a break, he's been playing so many minutes lately, and i'd rather see him miss one game, than risk seriously injuring himself and missing the whole second half of the season.
NICE WORK MULLY!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:59 pm
I dont think baron is quitting again but i do agree that the team plays better when hes injured. I really like the guy, he seems like hes a nice guy and he plays damn hard and seems to love the game but i think the team would be better off without him.

Another idea: Play monta at the point and baron off the ball at the 2... Just a thought

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:16 pm
u guys who think the warriors are better off w/out baron are idiots.. baron shouldve made the allstar team this year.. :banghead:

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:24 pm
I agree he should have made the all star team but have you watched the warriors play when hes out? We beat the spurs and the jazz when he was out, albiet we got blown out by denver two games in a row so who knows and were probly not goingt to get to find out because he is the leader of the team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:39 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:Man im tired of Barons crap. Any time his team starts to tank a bit he quits. Hes a quitter plain and simple.

Are we back to this "playing through injury" crap?

Can someone on a forum actually tell if an athletes is really hurt or is just faking it?

If I was the Governor, I would hire such a person to head up the Workman's Comp dept. He could just glance at some slacker's folder and cut his butt off right there. The state could save millions.

However tenuous the fake injury charge may be, there is no doubt that BD does indeed sometimes slow things down and is responsible for some of the the standing around that this team does when in the dreaded half-court.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:45 pm
How is he a quitter? He's hurt and misses one game. Big deal.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:27 pm
I think you have to judge Baron by his peers. Both Al and Sjax wanted to come and play with him Nellie raves about him and plays him 44+ minutes a game (I know its more necessity than anything).

And by all accounts hes been a good leader this year, and works well with Monta and AB...our future.

I think the one negative against Baron, is his penchent to squeeze the ball and take the "big shot" himself...usually its at the wrong time: an ill timed 3 when the Dubs are cold, or pounding the ball and missing a fade away are the two that come to mind.

But in all, we need BD and he needs the Warriors. He has to take this team to the playoffs for him to shake the league wide image that hes created ( see above posts questioning his heart).

I think he can and will do it....based on the respect hes getting from his coach and peers. 8)

Trolloc
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:06 pm
Never said he was a quitter, just said the offense is far more different and moves smoother without him in it. The turnovers become a major factor though.

But I don't understand how Baron is a quitter after a sore knee? What? Yikes, you really have given up.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:59 pm
Yeah, all this talk is absurd. Any of you bandwagon, bellweather baron-haters know why we won tonight? Did you even watch the game? We won because the Pacers SUCK ASS. They had 19 points midway throught the second quarter. And we were hitting out threes, and not taking so many. Indy just played an awful game, and that's about it. This win didn't really have anything to do with Baron not being there.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball