Ideas to Fix All-Star Game?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:49 am
Obviously there is a major flaw in the way the All-Star rosters are chosen, and the flaw is the fans. But the NBA doesn't want to completely eliminate them from the process because that would drop interest from the fans in watching the games. So why not keep the fans involved bet set limits, and by limits I mean on the players.

Minimums players much reach to qualify for All-Star Game

Games played: 48-50?. By the time the All-Star game arrives i believe there is 51-55 odd games played (correct me if im wrong, which i think i am) by teams before the all star break. By having a league minimum in games played that keeps players who were injured out for more then 2 weeks, thus if players want to play they must be healthy (Come on Shaq, as of the time of this, has played in 7 games), also keeps players out who were Suspended for over 5-7 games, even tho Melo didn't make it, he shouldn't if the NBA wants its "Star" players to set a good example for the league, they shouldn't reward them.

Well that sounded a lot better last night when i was intoxicated and discussing with another, because we also set minimums for points, assists, rebounds but now sobering up doesn't sound as good...

well tear it apart or add on or make it more complex...

that a boy al last night btw...

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:57 pm
Squalldip wrote:Obviously there is a major flaw in the way the All-Star rosters are chosen, and the flaw is the fans. But the NBA doesn't want to completely eliminate them from the process because that would drop interest from the fans in watching the games. So why not keep the fans involved bet set limits, and by limits I mean on the players.

Minimums players much reach to qualify for All-Star Game

Games played: 48-50?. By the time the All-Star game arrives i believe there is 51-55 odd games played (correct me if im wrong, which i think i am) by teams before the all star break. By having a league minimum in games played that keeps players who were injured out for more then 2 weeks, thus if players want to play they must be healthy (Come on Shaq, as of the time of this, has played in 7 games), also keeps players out who were Suspended for over 5-7 games, even tho Melo didn't make it, he shouldn't if the NBA wants its "Star" players to set a good example for the league, they shouldn't reward them.

Well that sounded a lot better last night when i was intoxicated and discussing with another, because we also set minimums for points, assists, rebounds but now sobering up doesn't sound as good...

well tear it apart or add on or make it more complex...

that a boy al last night btw...

I would agree with minimum games rule. A player who played 7 games can't be an All-star. It's just unfair. And as it is a popularity contest anyway, I don't know if setting min points, assists and so on would be a good idea, but all this and maybe other possible rules are worth the discussion imo.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:05 pm
And there could be min minutes played per game rule also.

It would eliminate players, who don't play min PT, and so doesn't contribute much to the team as much as others. Best players play much.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:51 pm
The all star game is based on popularity and money. I strongly agree, the voting should be based on play, not popularity.

And since this is in Las Vegas, they will expect the real stars of today. Though I strongly question the reserves. Many of them are not "real stars."
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Warriors Basketball