Be honest. Are the Warriors making the playoffs?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:05 am
Come on Warriors, just finish 8th, thats all i ask. You owe it to us to at least scrape into the playoff's.

We've waited so long, been very patient, but this is it, with this roster playoff's are a must!

So get your act together (especially on the road)
NICE WORK MULLY!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:38 am
The answer to this thread is unfortunately NO.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:18 am
Tbh (and what I forgot to mention through the complete disbelief at losing 2 VERy winnable games), we don't have JRich back yet at 100%. Even if he comes back healthy a big question mark arises as to how well this team will mesh and if this team will get it together and make the playoffs.

My goal for this team is to win at least 40 games. But at this rate....
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:25 am
tkono wrote:Tbh (and what I forgot to mention through the complete disbelief at losing 2 VERy winnable games), we don't have JRich back yet at 100%. Even if he comes back healthy a big question mark arises as to how well this team will mesh and if this team will get it together and make the playoffs.

Yeah, but we're running short on time. We need to win now to have a chance at anything and that means winning without J-Rich...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:06 am
TMC wrote:
tkono wrote:Tbh (and what I forgot to mention through the complete disbelief at losing 2 VERy winnable games), we don't have JRich back yet at 100%. Even if he comes back healthy a big question mark arises as to how well this team will mesh and if this team will get it together and make the playoffs.

Yeah, but we're running short on time. We need to win now to have a chance at anything and that means winning without J-Rich...

Definitely, i was hoping we'd pull together and win one against the hawks like the Cavs did to us without lebron. But thats why we have bench players right? So they can step UP and help out if one of the team goes down. It only makes sense to me...
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:57 am
I recall how at the beginning of the season how this question was posed and how most on this board had said "yes" to the question. I said "no" then, primarily because of the roster (2/5 relied upon Murphy and Dunleavy) and because of Nelson not coaching nor emphasizing defense. That being said, if Mullin had been able to do the trade with Indiana before the season had started, where Harrington, Jackson, Powell, and Cabbage were with the team during training camp and at the very beginning of the season, I believe that this team would be a much better team today. Because of Mullin's inability to get the deal done earlier, I believe that this team is going to struggle to play catch up all season. Our best bet is to hope that the team gels after the All Star break and hopefully goes on a run.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:04 pm
uptempo wrote:Because of Mullin's inability to get the deal done earlier, I believe that this team is going to struggle to play catch up all season. Our best bet is to hope that the team gels after the All Star break and hopefully goes on a run.

Wait a minute, uptempo. Mullin cannot be blamed for not making the trade earlier. Indy signed Al Harrington this offseason and he couldn't have been traded til December 15th. Also, Indy needed some time to decide to trade Al, after watching that he wasn't a good fit near Jermaine.

There was no way Mullin could have done this trade earlier... If anything, I'm surprised Indiana went for it before the deadline.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:51 pm
Right now, it falls on the players and the coach to get this done. I think Mullin did all he could do to help the team out. The trade (statwise, and paperwise) looks like a steal and with the rehiring of Nelson, i think mully should be commended. If you remember uptempo, there were rumors (later confirmed) that mullin was going after harrington in the off-season, but his contract signing this offseason nixed that till now.

We have all the rap songs in the nike commercial talkin bout warriors, we have ppl saying JRich and BD are always snubbed. Well, work and win, don't complain (since they seem to be complaining to the refs rather than getting back on D) and everything comes to you. Again, where are the REAL warriors at?
-John Madden
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:17 pm
their performance the past two days makes me really doubt their chances of playoffs this year. SO IM GONNA HAVE TO SAY NO. To lose games back to back to the hawks and a lebron-less cavs. i really thought we could have dominated this road trip... and so far ive been completely wrong. There is no way we can make playoffs with the way we are paying on the road.. if im correct we are 4-17 this season. No way we will make it with that

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:02 pm
Mullin miscalculated badly by going into the season with Murphy and Dunleavy as his bookends.

The trade for the Indy players has been commended; however, it will take time for the players to gel as a unit.

Lastly, the team now has the right athletes; it seems like a mistake for it to continue playing zone defense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:09 pm
uptempo wrote:Mullin miscalculated badly by going into the season with Murphy and Dunleavy as his bookends.

::lol: Yeah, they played HUGE roles this season before the trade.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:41 am
still too soon to perform the last rites. Ws are 2.5 games out. Good news is that the 2 teams they are chasing also have terrible road and similar conference records. Bad news is the Clips are playing like the Clips of last year. Worse news is Ws can't seem to win on the road...JRich comes back and gives them a boost it could happen, but not taking out a 2nd mortgage on it.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:53 am
coltraning wrote:still too soon to perform the last rites. Ws are 2.5 games out. Good news is that the 2 teams they are chasing also have terrible road and similar conference records. Bad news is the Clips are playing like the Clips of last year. Worse news is Ws can't seem to win on the road...JRich comes back and gives them a boost it could happen, but not taking out a 2nd mortgage on it.

It could still happen but the team is going backwards and not forwards lately so it looks unlikely.

The recent trade made the team more talented but now Mullin should look to trade again for some toughness and defense! Harrington plays sometimes but he is not the answer and doesn't make his team win as can be seen recently. SJax is good but is more of a shooter than anything else. They can be used in a package for someone else this offseason and Mullin has got to keep looking

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:still too soon to perform the last rites. Ws are 2.5 games out. Good news is that the 2 teams they are chasing also have terrible road and similar conference records. Bad news is the Clips are playing like the Clips of last year. Worse news is Ws can't seem to win on the road...JRich comes back and gives them a boost it could happen, but not taking out a 2nd mortgage on it.

It could still happen but the team is going backwards and not forwards lately so it looks unlikely.

The recent trade made the team more talented but now Mullin should look to trade again for some toughness and defense! Harrington plays sometimes but he is not the answer and doesn't make his team win as can be seen recently. SJax is good but is more of a shooter than anything else. They can be used in a package for someone else this offseason and Mullin has got to keep looking

I would keep Harrington, bro. He is averaging 23 a game with Ws, and it looks like he is capable of that most nights. I agree there is a logjam at SF, and I would bet Pietrus will be moved.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:17 am
coltraning wrote:I would keep Harrington, bro. He is averaging 23 a game with Ws, and it looks like he is capable of that most nights. I agree there is a logjam at SF, and I would bet Pietrus will be moved.

Yeah, I'd also keep Harrington. Although I'm not sure Pietrus will be moved. Depends on his demands to re-sign. He's the one I'd move without any kind of doubt (because I don't think S-Jax will go anywhere), but I'm not sure the front office thinks the same.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball