Monta's Nickname???

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:21 am
Location: Melbourne
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:35 am
no idea how this popped into my head but you could take the first two letters of his last name and combine them with the first two letters of his first name....thats right "ELMO" I kinda like it but eh....what the hell do I know.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:10 am
breezer_79 wrote:no idea how this popped into my head but you could take the first two letters of his last name and combine them with the first two letters of his first name....thats right "ELMO" I kinda like it but eh....what the hell do I know.


:mrgreen:

Now you're trying too hard, breezer. Gotta be easier than all that.

I kinda like "Monta Blaze" and "Malice" so far. Let's leave this thread open for the rest of the week to add a few more and then we can make a poll next week to choose the best one.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:32 pm
How about Prodigy?

1. a person, esp. a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy.
2. a marvelous example (usually fol. by of).
3. something wonderful or marvelous; a wonder.
4. something abnormal or monstrous.
5. Archaic. something extraordinary regarded as of prophetic significance.

The defintion might be a little over the top, but what u guys think?

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:35 pm
yeah i say monta blaze as in, he's a blurr on the court with his quickness!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:21 am
Location: Melbourne
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:02 pm
I dunno.....Monta Blaze sounds like some kinda super hero to me, and I can't picture Monta wearing a cape....or underwear on the outside for that matter.

Prodigy or "The Prodigy" is kinda cool though.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:22 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:Yeah; I think Monta's more of a Dwayne Wade than anything else.

yeah, I see more of a Gilbert Arenas. Second round pick who seem insecure on all interviews, improve a lot every year, shouldn't be playing point, scores a lot but doesn't assist much, scores on quickness, etc. I don't think he has the all around game of wade.

I'd agree with that; I meant body-wise. Monta Ellis is Dwayne Wade with 40 less pounds of muscle.

Monta's game is definately more Arenas-like, though. I'd say Iverson, but AI's been putting up decent assist numbers since the trade. Unfortunately, it looks like Ellis has a work A/2/TO ratio than Gilbert, though. :banghead:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:24 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:How about Prodigy?

1. a person, esp. a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy.
2. a marvelous example (usually fol. by of).
3. something wonderful or marvelous; a wonder.
4. something abnormal or monstrous.
5. Archaic. something extraordinary regarded as of prophetic significance.

The defintion might be a little over the top, but what u guys think?

but that's my nickname........
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:26 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
tradedunleavy wrote:How about Prodigy?

1. a person, esp. a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy.
2. a marvelous example (usually fol. by of).
3. something wonderful or marvelous; a wonder.
4. something abnormal or monstrous.
5. Archaic. something extraordinary regarded as of prophetic significance.

The defintion might be a little over the top, but what u guys think?

but that's my nickname........

Mine's "Omnipotent" :wink:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:44 pm
#32 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
tradedunleavy wrote:How about Prodigy?

1. a person, esp. a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy.
2. a marvelous example (usually fol. by of).
3. something wonderful or marvelous; a wonder.
4. something abnormal or monstrous.
5. Archaic. something extraordinary regarded as of prophetic significance.

The defintion might be a little over the top, but what u guys think?

but that's my nickname........

Mine's "Omnipotent" :wink:

Nice

(watch tradedunleavy go through the dictionary, look up a couple words in the definition, and come back half an hour later and say "lol")
ImageImage

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:56 pm
Ok how about Da Babyface Assassin :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:05 pm
How about "The Next"

No english dictionary here, but it can be short for:

The Next Thing
The Next Generation
The Next Warrior

Or How about "Lightning"

I mean the Warriors do have "Thunder" now we have our Lightning

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:17 pm
Then Bedrins should be Latvian Thunder :mrgreen: ...LOL
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:02 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:49 pm
Monta "The Silent Assassin" Ellis or Hurricane Ellis

Role Player
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:58 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:28 pm
i know a great nickname... "God"

that, or i like "Count Montula" or "The Count" lol
Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:21 am
Location: SOCAL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:10 am
How about Little Big Sky?

Monta kind of sounds like Montana... :mrgreen:
This season is not a flop.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron