New players in Cleveland game

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:29 pm
I actually think the refs played a huge role in the loss... imagine how many more points we would have scored had the refs been fair! So many possessions lost by bad calls...

I'll go out on a limb here, #41 (the guy who Lebron ran over) might have been the worst single ref I have ever seen at a Warrior game. And I've been going for awhile.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:34 pm
John Patrick wrote:I actually think the refs played a huge role in the loss... imagine how many more points we would have scored had the refs been fair! So many possessions lost by bad calls...

I'll go out on a limb here, #41 (the guy who Lebron ran over) might have been the worst single ref I have ever seen at a Warrior game. And I've been going for awhile.

They played a role but c'mon we had a 18+ point lead and we came out FLAT... that was what i saw...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:35 pm
~W~ wrote:
John Patrick wrote:I actually think the refs played a huge role in the loss... imagine how many more points we would have scored had the refs been fair! So many possessions lost by bad calls...

They played a role but c'mon we had a 18+ point lead and we came out FLAT... that was what i saw...

Can't argue with you there... but the difference of the final score (the one that counts) was 2. Refs playing a role in that? Of course.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:56 pm
John Patrick wrote:
~W~ wrote:

Can't argue with you there... but the difference of the final score (the one that counts) was 2. Refs playing a role in that? Of course.

Refs were from the Turkish prison rec league.

It seemed, truly, that they were trying to keep it from being a blowout and that got out of hand. I have always thought that NBA refs, whether by league orders or just human nature, do try to keep games reasonably close.

NFL coaches send in tapes of bad calls to the league. Does this happen in the NBA?

One of Nelson's biggest jobs is to convince the refs that the Ws deserve respect. Hopefully, the word/reputation gets around the league soon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:52 pm
John Patrick wrote:
~W~ wrote:

I too think the ref played a role on why the Warriors LOST...dont get me wrong, and i though Al Harrington got HACKED alot and no call... but I think Warriors need to get aggressive when they have a big lead instad of settling for outside shots like they did right after the halftime lead...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:28 am
~W~ wrote:
John Patrick wrote:
~W~ wrote:

I too think the ref played a role on why the Warriors LOST...dont get me wrong, and i though Al Harrington got HACKED alot and no call... but I think Warriors need to get aggressive when they have a big lead instad of settling for outside shots like they did right after the halftime lead...

Good point but they can't get aggressive when they are getting hacked everytime, no call, and a "turnover" is the result.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball