Nellie on KNBR

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:56 pm
This guy is hilarious.

He is talking about how he had only 7 guys on one of his Bucks teams, and while in Boston on a road trip he took a former teammate of his, Kevin Stacom, out drinking the night before the game, got drunk with him (Nelson said that he personally put down 10 beers), and then signed him for the game so that the Bucks would have 8 players to suit up.

Later that season, Nelson said that he took Stacom out drinking again during the day, again got drunk together, and then cut him.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:45 pm
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:40 pm
I still don't understand why people around here get all up in arms when someone points out the very simple fact that Nellie is an alchy. The guy likes his liquor! Nothing wrong with that.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:38 pm
baytobrooklyn wrote:I still don't understand why people around here get all up in arms when someone points out the very simple fact that Nellie is an alchy. The guy likes his liquor! Nothing wrong with that.

Nobody is "up in arms" about Nelson being "an alchy."

It is actually quite comical and ironic how Chris Mullin's, a recovering alcoholic/addict, savior for this Warrior team may actually be the lush of the league.

Playoffs is what we are all hoping for!

Break out the keg!
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:37 am
I'm just saying, I've seen plenty of posts from people saying things like 'it's just sad, all you people accusing Nellie of being an alchoholic' and 'there's absolutely no proof'. I was just making a joke about Nellie, though.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:45 am
Instant Classic Interview, Nellie to Razor "Well Yea there's reason's you make trade's you dum bastard" :mrgreen: ...

uptempo It's Fuk'd up you're still slandering Mullin falsely implying he was on drugs by calling him a addict :roll: Come on man unless you have proof or smoked a rock with him show some respect Warrior Fan, with this trade he has accomplished what you & many on this board said couldn't be done :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:52 am
Nellie needs a sitcom for himself... something a la Seinfeld. :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:45 am
O.G. broe wrote:Instant Classic Interview, Nellie to Razor "Well Yea there's reason's you make trade's you dum bastard" :mrgreen: ...

uptempo It's Fuk'd up you're still slandering Mullin falsely implying he was on drugs by calling him a addict :roll: Come on man unless you have proof or smoked a rock with him show some respect Warrior Fan, with this trade he has accomplished what you & many on this board said couldn't be done :D

In the spirit of this being a new era, I will try to address this in a less confrontational manner.

1. Recovery is nothing to joke about.
2. All alcoholics are addicts; however, not all addicts are alcoholics.
3. Chris Mullin is a recovering alcoholic/addict.
4. I believe that I have been singing props towards Mullin and have been giving him kudos for this trade. Also, I have praised Mullin for his draft picks. I also, along with many others, criticized Mullin for his signings of Murphy, Dunleavy, Foyle, and Fisher.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:32 pm
uptempo wrote:
O.G. broe wrote:Instant Classic Interview, Nellie to Razor "Well Yea there's reason's you make trade's you dum bastard" :mrgreen: ...

In the spirit of this being a new era, I will try to address this in a less confrontational manner.

4. I believe that I have been singing props towards Mullin and have been giving him kudos for this trade. Also, I have praised Mullin for his draft picks. I also, along with many others, criticized Mullin for his signings of Murphy, Dunleavy, Foyle, and Fisher.

beautifully said, uptempo :D

ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:27 pm
coltraning wrote:
uptempo wrote:

Thanks for the acknowledgement. It is appreciated.

This team is athletic, has a nice blend of young and old, can create shots on offense, and should be quite a bit tougher (no more getting sand kicked in our faces)!

The Warrior front office, in my opinion, took the Walsh and Bird to the cleaners!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:36 pm
LOL that was a funny interview.
"So, how will jasikevicius fit in?"
Nelson: "Which one is that?"
"the guy who shoots 92% from the line"
Nelson "WOW! We could really use a guy like that"
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:44 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:LOL that was a funny interview.
"So, how will jasikevicius fit in?"
Nelson: "Which one is that?"
"the guy who shoots 92% from the line"
Nelson "WOW! We could really use a guy like that"

Pure genius. I tell ya. Nellie is a genius. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:22 pm
uptempo wrote:
coltraning wrote:
uptempo wrote:

Thanks for the acknowledgement. It is appreciated.

This team is athletic, has a nice blend of young and old, can create shots on offense, and should be quite a bit tougher (no more getting sand kicked in our faces)!

The Warrior front office, in my opinion, took the Walsh and Bird to the cleaners!

it sure looks that way. Amazing to hear Donnie Walsh spout the party line about all of Dunleavy's skills, (handles, passing, shooting, etc...) - I do think Murphy will do better in the plodding offense of Carlisle, if they play him with O'Neal, since his reluctance to crash and bang and lack of speed won't be a problem there...

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:56 am
coltraning wrote:it sure looks that way. Amazing to hear Donnie Walsh spout the party line about all of Dunleavy's skills, (handles, passing, shooting, etc...) - I do think Murphy will do better in the plodding offense of Carlisle, if they play him with O'Neal, since his reluctance to crash and bang and lack of speed won't be a problem there...

Yeah, between Foster and Murphy they should have decent play from the center position. Now, Dunleavy at SG... I cringe just by the thought of it. Thank god it's not our problem anymore.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:12 am

:mrgreen:

The old cunnt really is a crowd pleaser!

Really great how things are positive and exciting right now. We all seem to be feeling better about everything with the team and maybe we will be rewarded for our undying, faithful love!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball