BIG TRADE! Bye-bye Murphy. Bye-bye Dunleavy.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:55 pm
It's true, this doesn't free up any money for our younger players I'd like to sign. Though, having traded Ike, the only players I think the Warriors really need to resign are Ellis and Biedrins. Pietrus I think is gonna have to go after this season. The money part does worry me, but it doesn't seem like we were gonna find a team to take on a salary dump of Murph and/or Dun - no one wanted them! Credit Mullin for dumping Fisher this offseason, and now finishing getting rid of everyone we got in that deal. I'm just glad that we've got the same payroll as yesterday, and a much better team. Oh yeah, Ike's probably gonna become a pretty good player now.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:55 pm
This is GREAT. I havent been this happy as a Warrior since, well since the Baron Davis trade.

Yea contracts are long, but it is going to be a helluva lot easier to "dumo" Jackson and Harrington than it was Murphy and Dunleavy, if thats what they choose to do. I still cannot belive Bird did this, IT IS INSANE. I was gonna say something about only a white GM and coach would do this trade but Im too happy to get into race relations right now.

Mullin is back in my good graces.

I love It.

PS> Baron will keep Stephen Jackson in check.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:59 pm
Damn!, this is going to make our lives difficult. Who are we going to bad mouth now. They took our whipping boys. In all sincerity, it sounds like a real good deal for the Warriors. Good luck to the new guys and good luck to our old guys as they ger a new chance to continue their careers. :shock:
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:05 pm
yeeeeah! a Lithuanian besides a Latvian!!! :D
hope these two collaborate well in the future. Jasikievichus was a truly awesome player back here in Europe. Let's see how Nellie will make him play

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:11 pm
This team just got much more athletic and is now designed as a Don Nelson team.

This team will compete with Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, LA and LA. Only San Antonio and Houston, with their post presences, will be able to provide the Warriors with any problems in the Western Conference.

Watch for Stephen Jackson to take over in the fourth quarter!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:17 pm
Does anyone know the salaries/lengths of the incoming players?

I'm just trying to see how bad the incoming contracts are.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:19 pm
I'm not going to add anything new to the thread. Just wanted to say:

TURDLEAVY AND MURPH ARE NO LONGER WARRIORS

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:20 pm
Thunder wrote:Does anyone know the salaries/lengths of the incoming players?

The salaries are in the SI page:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/01/17/pacers.warriors.trade.ap/index.html

Their deals are pretty bad, but at least are shorter.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:23 pm
uptempo wrote:I hate losing Ike, too. He may become a monster player in Indiana; however, if the team is going to keep Don Nelson as the coach, then Ike had to go.

Others on this board had suggested that Ike should be traded earlier in the season because of Nelson's uptempo style of play. I agreed with the analysis, but still wanted to keep Ike.

Mullin made the merceneary front office move. We shoud applaud Mullin for getting Nelson the types of players that should thrive on a Nelson coached team. It is much like Al Davis junking the strong-armed Jeff George and picking up Rich Gannon for Jon Gruden.

Mullin just redeemed himself with this trade!

Go Warriors!

It's the apocalypse!! uptempo praised Mullin!

This trade looks great at first... but remember that Harrington and Jackson's salaries don't end til 2010. Yikes! Atleast Jask's contract ends in 2 years.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:28 pm
TMC wrote:I'm not going to add anything new to the thread. Just wanted to say:

TURDLEAVY AND MURPH ARE NO LONGER WARRIORS

I wanna dance with ya.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:33 pm
TMC wrote:
Thunder wrote:Does anyone know the salaries/lengths of the incoming players?

The salaries are in the SI page:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/01/17/pacers.warriors.trade.ap/index.html

Their deals are pretty bad, but at least are shorter.

Hey, one less year to wait for about 20 mil to come off the books is worth it. Especially when S Jax's contract is up soon too.

I'm still optimistic about the W's chances to sign Ellis and Biedrins long term, but this probably kills any chance they had to resign Pietrus this offseason.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:35 pm
I just have 2 words to say

WOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
HOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

and I'll miss u ike but business is business
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:36 pm
Good job getting rid of those contracts Mully.

As for Bird and Donnie Walsh, I don't think they are done. Look for Dunleavy to be moved to the Clips or somewhere else.

They made this move to free up Granger (whose a better SF anyway). Dunleavy is going to be moved.

I don't think Murph will stay either, I think he gets moved somewhere else. I know Indy is looking for a PG (we booed dun dun like the pacers boo tinsley).
23 hours of my day are spent wondering what to do with my hour of spare time...

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:36 pm
I am pleased to have Al Harrington on board. His contract is not that bad and he will be a productive player at the power forward position for the Warriors. (4 years, 35 million, expiring in 2010) I think Harrington will fit in very well with the Warriors style of play. I expect big things out of him. And finally, the Warriors have a consistent scorer on the low-block to compliment Beidrins.

I am not too excited about the arrival of Stephen Jackson. I think he brings with him a lot of baggage and a contract that does not run out until 2010. At least with Murphy and Dunleavy you have two guys who were good citizens on and off the court.

I am happy to see those big contracts of Dunleavy and Murphy gone, but once again I do not like Stephen Jackson and I hope his arrival does not take any playing time away from Monta at the two. In fact, I hope Nellie has Jackson coming off the bench.

I know many on here thought highly of Diogu, but I do not mind seeing him go. I might eat my words if he turns out to be a great player, but he just did not seem to fit with what Nellie wanted to do with this team. Perhaps given some more time on the floor he could have developed more and more but if him leaving means the Warriors get Al Harrington I am okay with it.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:38 pm
holy crap. so let me get this street, we improved talent wise, and got slightly better financially? Amazing.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball