THE LATEST ON POB

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:59 pm
Golden wrote:
uptempo wrote:
Golden wrote:Let's at least see how the kid does 3 or 4 years from now. The one thing I hate the most about our Golden State Warriors fans is how quick we are to rip on our players. It's getting to the point where I think the team would be better off moving to a new city.

People are not quick to "rip on our player." Dude, it has been 12 seasons since this team has been in the playoffs. Do you understand what that means? This team has had 12 straight years in the lottery. If anything, the fanbase has been quite patient, more so than any franchise in the Association. The Oracle attendance is always near sold out or sold out; compare this to Atlanta or even the Clippers (who were the benchmark for futility before the Warriors ascended/descended to the throne).

If our fan base is so great than tell me why we can't keep any good players around. After the season is over there is a very good chance that players like MB, MP, TM, and maybe AB want be around. If there not I don't blame them one bit. The problems are not with the players its the first office. :evil:

Dunleavy has been here for 5 seasons; Richarson 6; Pietrus 4; Murphy 6; Foyle 10. These guys have been here for quite some time.

The problem is just the opposite of what you are expousing. The team has kept Dunleavy, Murphy, and Foyle around here too long. And yes, the front office is the problem.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:06 pm
uptempo wrote:
Golden wrote:
uptempo wrote:
Golden wrote:Let's at least see how the kid does 3 or 4 years from now. The one thing I hate the most about our Golden State Warriors fans is how quick we are to rip on our players. It's getting to the point where I think the team would be better off moving to a new city.

People are not quick to "rip on our player." Dude, it has been 12 seasons since this team has been in the playoffs. Do you understand what that means? This team has had 12 straight years in the lottery. If anything, the fanbase has been quite patient, more so than any franchise in the Association. The Oracle attendance is always near sold out or sold out; compare this to Atlanta or even the Clippers (who were the benchmark for futility before the Warriors ascended/descended to the throne).

If our fan base is so great than tell me why we can't keep any good players around. After the season is over there is a very good chance that players like MB, MP, TM, and maybe AB want be around. If there not I don't blame them one bit. The problems are not with the players its the first office. :evil:

Dunleavy has been here for 5 seasons; Richarson 6; Pietrus 4; Murphy 6; Foyle 10. These guys have been here for quite some time.

The problem is just the opposite of what you are expousing. The team has kept Dunleavy, Murphy, and Foyle around here too long. And yes, the front office is the problem.

Your right those players have been around for a while, but one about the good players that left. I really think we are going to lose some very good players in the off season. I would really hate to see ME, MB, MP, or AB go but the big problem is we don't have the $$$$$$$$$$$ to keep all of them.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:10 pm
I heard the same things said about Todd Fuller refering to POB. "has a reputation for improving every year." Fuller impoved evey sesaon from his sophomore through junior year, got to the pros and bust. Can anyone tell me of any player in the NBA that was a bust for 3 or 4 years and then became a significant player? For the most parteither you are a player or you're not. Fatting up a tall guy does not automatically make him a good player. POB showed absolutely nothing while he was here. I didn't see anything to work with but height.

Don't mention Dwight Howard in the same sentence with POB. Howard was everything since high school. i had never heard of POB.

I'm sorry, the Warriors can not take a flyer on any more projects. We need players that can play NOW. If that mean trading our draft picks for proven commodities, so be it. We almost have a generation of that has never seen the Warriors in the playoffs.

Tomorrow never comes. As a matter of fact, tomorrow is not guranteed.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:12 pm
I heard the same things said about Todd Fuller refering to POB. "has a reputation for improving every year." Fuller impoved evey sesaon from his sophomore through junior year, got to the pros and bust. Can anyone tell me of any player in the NBA that was a bust for 3 or 4 years and then became a significant player? For the most parteither you are a player or you're not. Fatting up a tall guy does not automatically make him a good player. POB showed absolutely nothing while he was here. I didn't see anything to work with but height.

I totally agree with you. Jermaine O'neal is the only good player ever to not show even flashes of anything early on
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:16 pm
Has Patrick O'Bryant been in the league for 4 years already? Man, I guess he IS a bust then. :roll:

We're halfway through the kid's ROOKIE campaign. Everybody was talking (last year) about Biedrins the same way everybody's talking about O'Bryant now. Give the guy a chance. He's in the D-League, for Christ's sakes. What's everybody complaining about? It's not like he's hurting the team. Let the guy develop and show his stuff before you write him off, like Biedrins.

If he's still struggling like this in 2 seasons, your claims will be justified.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:33 pm
Nah Nah #32 that's too rational :roll: (Sarcasm)
Welcome to the board Golden, good to see new members with a clue :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:33 pm
Biedrins was a VERY RARE exception who had amazing athleticism from the start and showed flashes of brilliance. POB is in the D league, which nobody has ever successfully come back from (we have the D-league MVP devin brown on our team... oh wait, we cut him) and has shown nothing but height and hype. I won't declare him a bust yet but I certainly don't expect him to ever do anything
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:58 pm
#32 wrote:We're halfway through the kid's ROOKIE campaign. Everybody was talking (last year) about Biedrins the same way everybody's talking about O'Bryant now.

Who?. I can't remember anyone saying that Biedrins was a waste of a pick. Quite the opposite, in fact. Migya and me (and a several more) wanted him to get more minutes... Monty was the one holding him down.

The only criticism that I remember was his inability to stay in the games without fouling out... but nobody ever said anything about him being soft or a slacker (the terms more usually applied to POB). Also, Biedrins really needed some time to adapt (after being drafted 3 years younger than POB and joining a new league in a new country without even knowing the language).

btw, I was bashing POB and saying that he was destined to be a bust before the draft. I'm not gonna stop just because he's a Warrior. If he sucked before being drafted, he still sucks after it.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:31 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:We're halfway through the kid's ROOKIE campaign. Everybody was talking (last year) about Biedrins the same way everybody's talking about O'Bryant now.

Who?. I can't remember anyone saying that Biedrins was a waste of a pick. Quite the opposite, in fact. Migya and me (and a several more) wanted him to get more minutes... Monty was the one holding him down.

The only criticism that I remember was his inability to stay in the games without fouling out... but nobody ever said anything about him being soft or a slacker (the terms more usually applied to POB). Also, Biedrins really needed some time to adapt (after being drafted 3 years younger than POB and joining a new league in a new country without even knowing the language).

btw, I was bashing POB and saying that he was destined to be a bust before the draft. I'm not gonna stop just because he's a Warrior. If he sucked before being drafted, he still sucks after it.

Why do you say that POB is a bust? Is he a poor man's Michael Olowokandi or a poor man's Robert Parish?

I have not seen enough of him to make an evaluation.

OG Broe said that he looked good this summer in Vegas.

POB came into camp heralded as a great athlete. Nelson has always favored athleticism.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:36 pm
uptempo wrote:
TMC wrote:

Why do you say that POB is a bust? Is he a poor man's Michael Olowokandi or a poor man's Robert Parish?

POB came into camp heralded as a great athlete. Nelson has always favored athleticism.

He may not be a bust but the overwhelming likelihood is that he will be, which I've been saying all along

OG Broe also says that dunleavy looks good

He can run and jump but average athleticism doesn't overcome lack of skill
ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:43 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
uptempo wrote:
TMC wrote:

He may not be a bust but the overwhelming likelihood is that he will be, which I've been saying all along

OG Broe also says that dunleavy looks good

He can run and jump but average athleticism doesn't overcome lack of skill

Actually, I have been the one who had been advocating since last season that Dunleavy play the power forward position and that he had looked good vs. Utah at a home game last season playing the 4. So, I will take my lashings on this board for that.

OG Broe got to see POB play this summer in Vegas. He, OG Broe, should be able to get us a better analysis of POB's talent (or lack of) since we fans in the Bay Area have not had much of a chance to see him play.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:16 pm
how many minute is POB getting?
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:16 pm
hellkiller wrote:how many minute is POB getting?

he's out of the league :roll:
ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:27 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

How many minutes is POB getting in the Developmental League?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:49 pm
uptempo wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

How many minutes is POB getting in the Developmental League?

25 minutes per game.
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball