Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:19 pm
coltraning wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
i just explained how i define produtive..it's actually quite simple:

when the total points for pietrus in a particular game exceeds the total points for ike in a single game, that means to me that pietrus has been more productive.

when the total rebounds per game by barnes exceeds that of ike in that same game, barnes is more productive...

who cares about short leashes or not getting chances or dun getting more of a chance and all that other BS...ike ain't playing, therefore ike aint producing, therefore pietrus and barnes are more productive with more points, rebounds, assists, etc...

i have the concrete #'s to back it up..you guys don't.

you guys are infatuated with PROJECTED STATS...which in my book doesn't me sh*t.

sigh...speaking of books, this discussion is getting too orwellian for me. Whatever you want it to mean, the word productivity has a universally accepted meaning in business and in sports. Basic Econ 101: It's pretty simple. Productivity means time put in for goods produced. That's what the word means, even if it doesn't in your book. If Factory A produces 100 cars and takes 50 hours to do so, and factory B produces 80 cars and takes 20 hours to do so, factory B is more productive. A businessman looking at those #s and saying the factory that produced 100 cars is more productive won't stay in business too long. To analogize. If Ike Diogu scores 10 points in 15 minutes taking 6 shots and Matt Barnes scores 12 points in 30 minutes taking 20 shots, IKE IS MORE PRODUCTIVE AS A SCORER! That's is what productive means. Ike scores 1.48 points for every shot he takes, Barnes scores 1.23, Pietrus scores 1.37. I could write you an equation but f**k it - believe whatever you want to, bro. :crazy:

exactly, it doesn't in my book...so therefore, ike is NOT more productive than p or barnes...check out this bus/econ term...THE BOTTOM LINE.

don't get all whiny cuz we don't share the same definition of productive...you said it yourself, there's universally accepted definitions..

you're speaking economics...i speaking in terms of bball...apples, oranges...your def, my def...

but hey thanks for the uh econ lesson...

it was very um...productive
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:30 pm
aletha33 wrote:
coltraning wrote:
aletha33 wrote:

when the total points for pietrus in a particular game exceeds the total points for ike in a single game, that means to me that pietrus has been more productive.

when the total rebounds per game by barnes exceeds that of ike in that same game, barnes is more productive...

who cares about short leashes or not getting chances or dun getting more of a chance and all that other BS...ike ain't playing, therefore ike aint producing, therefore pietrus and barnes are more productive with more points, rebounds, assists, etc...

you guys are infatuated with PROJECTED STATS...which in my book doesn't me sh*t.

sigh...speaking of books, this discussion is getting too orwellian for me. Whatever you want it to mean, the word productivity has a universally accepted meaning in business and in sports. Basic Econ 101: It's pretty simple. Productivity means time put in for goods produced. That's what the word means, even if it doesn't in your book. If Factory A produces 100 cars and takes 50 hours to do so, and factory B produces 80 cars and takes 20 hours to do so, factory B is more productive. A businessman looking at those #s and saying the factory that produced 100 cars is more productive won't stay in business too long. To analogize. If Ike Diogu scores 10 points in 15 minutes taking 6 shots and Matt Barnes scores 12 points in 30 minutes taking 20 shots, IKE IS MORE PRODUCTIVE AS A SCORER! That's is what productive means. Ike scores 1.48 points for every shot he takes, Barnes scores 1.23, Pietrus scores 1.37. I could write you an equation but f**k it - believe whatever you want to, bro. :crazy:

exactly, it doesn't in my book...so therefore, ike is NOT more productive than p or barnes...check out this bus/econ term...THE BOTTOM LINE.

don't get all whiny cuz we don't share the same definition of productive...you said it yourself, there's universally accepted definitions..

you're speaking economics...i speaking in terms of bball...apples, oranges...your def, my def...

war is peace,baby, war is peace :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:38 am
coltraning wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
coltraning wrote:
aletha33 wrote:

war is peace,baby, war is peace :wink:

amen to that...moving right along shall we.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball