The difference between the suns and the warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:09 am
Here is the difference between the suns and the warriors. It's not offense, surprisingly.

The suns are the #7 team in the league in adj FG% defense. They're the #2 team in the league in lowest opponent 3pt% and the fourth best team in the league in opponent points per shot. The warriors, on the other hand, are 22nd, 19th, and 18th in those stats respectively despite being comparable on the offensive end (PHO is #1, GSW is #2 on adj fg%). The Warriors actually play at a faster pace than phoenix, they just don't play close to as good defense. This ends up meaning the warriors' good fg shooting goes to naught as we shoot only 1% better on fgs than our opposition, as opposed to eight percent better by phoenix.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:16 am
It's weird. I thought the big difference was this:

:mrgreen:

No, really, the Suns don't play defense as bad as many people believe. Other teams score on them due to their pace, but they're better than it seems. Just not good enough for the playoffs (or, at least, not til now).

On the other side, we're just terrible on defense. A disaster. At times, we may even be playing faster than we should...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:47 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Here is the difference between the suns and the warriors. It's not offense, surprisingly.

The suns are the #7 team in the league in adj FG% defense. They're the #2 team in the league in lowest opponent 3pt% and the fourth best team in the league in opponent points per shot. The warriors, on the other hand, are 22nd, 19th, and 18th in those stats respectively despite being comparable on the offensive end (PHO is #1, GSW is #2 on adj fg%). The Warriors actually play at a faster pace than phoenix, they just don't play close to as good defense. This ends up meaning the warriors' good fg shooting goes to naught as we shoot only 1% better on fgs than our opposition, as opposed to eight percent better by phoenix.

The Suns look every bit a contender this time and they are my pick to win it actually

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:56 am
Stop dreaming about the Suns!!! And please don't make that comparsion!!!! The W's aren't even close to the Suns so people need to wakeup and admit that the W's are still a terrible team!!!

This team is composed of players who are slashers! Whose weakness is constant outside shooting and FT shooting!!! We need players who play aggressive defense and a coach who will implement some hard defensive schemes!!! At least Artest would have brought that!!! The team could have spend less money and could have gotten maybe a Patterson or could have tried to get Jeffries who could have defended multi positions!!!

This team is bad and needs to find another piece in the draft!!! Because it wouldn't come via trade or a player coming back or free agency!!!
Last edited by J-Rich on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:20 am
J-Rich wrote:Stop dreaming about the Suns!!! And please don't make that comparsion!!!! The W's aren't even close to the Suns so people need to wakeup and admit that the W's are still a terrible team!!!

This team is composed of players who are slashers! Whose weakness is constant outside shooting and FT shooting!!! We need players who play aggressive defense and a coach who will implement some hard defensive schemes!!! At least Artest would have brought that!!! The team could have spend less money and could have gotten maybe a Patterson or could have tried to get Jeffries who could have defended multi positions!!!

This team is bad and needs to find another piece in the draft!!! Because it would come via trade or a player coming back or free agency!!!

he isn't comparing the similarities between the suns and warriors...quit whining.

read again...IT'S THE DIFFERENCES. Why the Suns are NOT like the Warriors.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:49 pm
Why are we even talking about differences about the two teams? They are not even in the same category!!! This is a hopeless and worthless topic to be talking about!!!

You forgot to add another differnce there pestilence!!! The W's are dead last in rebounding % in the NBA!!! Combine that with no defense and streaky shooting spells a bad recipe for any ****ing team!!! Nobody can argue that for the W's being halfway decent this yr!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:51 pm
Are you talking to my althela33??? I'm not even going to waste my time with you!!! So please go fly away and go do something productive with your time!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:54 pm
It's a long way there pestilence!!! I know how much you want our team to play like the Suns!!! So go ahead and list your difference and find another excuse to make for our team!!!

People need to wakeup!!! The W's are are great medicore non playoff team that is exciting to watch!!! Ummm sometimes!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:58 pm
And you are also wrong there pestilence!!! It is offense the Suns are a btr % FT and 3pt shooting team!!! And they don't turnover the ball as much as the W's!!!

So what is your arguement???There are too many problems on this team to list differences and even to start comparing two teams!!!

Find another thread there to post buddy!!! Nice try...

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:20 pm
The Ws can be a very fun team to watch and can beat anyone once, at least. They have great future potential. Maybe next year.

The Ws can suck as bad as imaginable and can lose to anyone, everytime. The whole house could implode tomorrow.

The Suns are better than the Ws at most every position on and off the court.

Hope the Suns win it all and rids the world of the half-court clumsy-ball© that has prevailed for far too long.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:44 pm
LMAO the psychopath just made 5 posts in a row without anybody responding, he's having a conversation with himself. Sorry I interrupted.....
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:29 pm
J-Rich wrote:Stop dreaming about the Suns!!! And please don't make that comparsion!!!! The W's aren't even close to the Suns so people need to wakeup and admit that the W's are still a terrible team!!!

This team is bad and needs to find another piece in the draft!!! Because it would come via trade or a player coming back or free agency!!!

Good points. I would agree with you on your observations and suggestions.

You are one of the few realists on this board.

I still would like to see Nelson play the younger players, let them get experience and develop, and sit/trade/cut Dunleavy-Foyle-Murphy. At least with the youngsters, there is a chance for some upside. With the Dunleavy, Foyle, Murphy there is no upside; they have already peaked.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:12 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:LMAO the psychopath just made 5 posts in a row without anybody responding, he's having a conversation with himself. Sorry I interrupted.....

That last post of his was a little direct and insulting and he has to cut that down. He just rants and raves sometimes

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:55 pm
uptempo wrote:

Good points. I would agree with you on your observations and suggestions.

You are one of the few realists on this board.

I still would like to see Nelson play the younger players, let them get experience and develop, and sit/trade/cut Dunleavy-Foyle-Murphy. At least with the youngsters, there is a chance for some upside. With the Dunleavy, Foyle, Murphy there is no upside; they have already peaked.

a realist?? LOL

wow, did you two come up with the idea that phoenix and the warriors aren't even in the same league?

you guys are like totally smart

:roll:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:56 pm
J-Rich wrote:Are you talking to my althela33??? I'm not even going to waste my time with you!!! So please go fly away and go do something productive with your time!!!

JRich, I wouldn't eve BEGIN to talk w/ some of the garage you write about...

quit boring me...
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball