Redistro of NBA legends debate - Simulations soon

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:44 am
migya wrote:Alright then - He was all that I said for 6 years :wink:

BOOOOO!!!!! Sam Cassell's alien nuts have more playoff wins than Hill. BOOOOO!!!!!

:mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:53 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Grant Hill is light years better than Reggie Miller! It isn't even close!

Yeah... but he wasn't in the playoffs. :wink:

yeah, but the truth is that miller did nothing but score..... and hill was even a better scorer, leaving no comparison between the two. Miller v. Hill is like Kevin Willis vs. Ben Wallace. At some point the difference between their level of play makes up for playing less seasons.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:06 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:migya, Being a little bit older is a blessing, not a curse. I guess kareem and Wilt are not very good either. Really, the game has not changed that much. Barry played much better defense than you think. He was a good passerand stealer. Besides, migya, why when i make a point. You piss on it, like when I mention speed? Just because it doesn't fit your man doenot mean it is not important.

you keep repeating the same points over and over again. nobody bashed your kareem choice. you continue to say "I guess kareem wasn't very good" and it has nothing to do with the discussion"

Besides, Bird was not a good defensive ball player. no one had trouble shaking larry Bird, give me a break. he couldjump worth a damn. he was a big guy and agreat shooter. He had the biggest mouth since Reggie Miller. I use to watch Larry Smith of the Warriors shut Bitd down all the time.

A) who defended bird's defense?
B) That's your opinion. The media, on the other hand, placed the third greatest player to ever set foot on the court on the all defense team multiple times. An honor rick barry never had.

One thing i said long ago is true. We all love ball players of our era. Lebron and Melo, and Wade, are doing no more than Dr. J., Iceman, Barry,

They are doing no better than Dr. J, Gervin, and Barry did for their careers, but they are doing better at 22 years old than those guys did.

By the way, do you guys remember or heard of Charlie Scott or Walter Davis. I think they are two more guys that could be in our league. One reason I didn't choose Wilkens as a player is because i know you guys wouldnt remember hiom as a player. But he controlled a game like no one else in history. He had an unstoppable drive going to his left.

Yes I've heard of charlie scott and walter davis. usually you're supposed to have a statement after a rhetorical question

You should have chosen Wilkens as a player if you thought he would help your team. Half of my team were considered dubious picks and I still picked them. If I had gone with other guys I wouldn't consider my team as good, and your own opinion is really the only one that matters (especially in your case since everybody disagrees with yours :mrgreen: )

You know what's funny, 20 years from now you are going to espousing about the virtues of Grant Hill and the nest generation is to be telling YOU that he ain't sh*t. Keep on living young man. May you continue to grow rich and prosperous

The difference is that Grant Hill had the skills with the stats to back it up. If the NBA improves as much as it did in the last 30 years in the next 30 years then they'll have every right to. "Man, he was only all nba first team once in the nineties? They were almost as bad as the seventies. He ain't as good as OJ mayo"
[/quote]
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Can someome pick my seasons for me? I'll be gone for the weekend through maybe Wednesday so yeah. And I'd hate to hold up the thread.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:40 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Can someome pick my seasons for me? I'll be gone for the weekend through maybe Wednesday so yeah. And I'd hate to hold up the thread.

ok, will do
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:00 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:A) who defended bird's defense?
B) That's your opinion. The media, on the other hand, placed the third greatest player to ever set foot on the court on the all defense team multiple times. An honor rick barry never had.

Is that the same media that selects the hall of fame? You said that means nothing, remeber? It's funny how you use the media for YOUR CONVENIENCE. ? but they are doing better at 22 years old than those guys did.
I don't know about that. There was no early entry in those days plus Barry led the league in scoring in his 2nd year at about 34 points a game. he probably was 23 at the time.

Yes I've heard of charlie scott and walter davis. usually you're supposed to have a statement after a rhetorical question

I wasn't being rhetorical, I was being sincere. and your own opinion is really the only one that matters (especially in your case since everybody disagrees with yours :mrgreen: )

Everyone don't disagree with me. Just you and migya. The other guys don't speak up because they are afraid you cap on them, also. I wish some one over 40 years old would speak up, if there are any oout there.

[quote]
Why don't we all just shut-up and let you decide who is good or not so good, it is obvious that you know everything and we know nothing.

HEY GUYS, I VOTE FOR PEST TO DECIDE ON WHO HAS THE BEST TEAM.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:19 pm
I knew something like this would happen. The drafting is good fun, but evaluating the teams is extremely difficult. Everybody has their own opinion and is biased towards certain players, or even towards certain kind of players.

It's absolutely impossible to agree while comparing players from different eras.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:44 pm
TMC wrote:I knew something like this would happen. The drafting is good fun, but evaluating the teams is extremely difficult. Everybody has their own opinion and is biased towards certain players, or even towards certain kind of players.

That post seems kind of out of context since right now there have been little to no personal attacks nor has there been any name calling. It's just spirited debate. If by "knew something like this would happen" you mean disagreement, then yes, the entire point of drafts if to argue over your favorite players
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:51 pm
Everyone don't disagree with me. Just you and migya. The other guys don't speak up because they are afraid you cap on them, also. I wish some one over 40 years old would speak up, if there are any oout there.

If you read this forum often you'd know that coltraning and TMC are true gentlemen and wouldn't even criticize a drunken psychopath like drfrank so they clearly wouldn't criticize your slightly off picks. xbay, thunder, and JP have just been here for the draft and haven't criticized anybody's picks so they obviously wouldn't criticize yours. It hasn't had to do with being worried that migya and I would "cap on them". You haven't gotten criticized more than anybody else for your picks initially, it's just your hypersensitivity to these criticisms make them into debates and arguments, rather than just comments.
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:17 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

If you read this forum often you'd know that coltraning and TMC are true gentlemen and wouldn't even criticize a drunken psychopath like drfrank so they clearly wouldn't criticize your slightly off picks. xbay, thunder, and JP have just been here for the draft and haven't criticized anybody's picks so they obviously wouldn't criticize yours. It hasn't had to do with being worried that migya and I would "cap on them". You haven't gotten criticized more than anybody else for your picks initially, it's just your hypersensitivity to these criticisms make them into debates and arguments, rather than just comments.

You're probably right.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:37 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

You're probably right.

Don't take it personal Reggie, we don't see you as an abuser or anything bad like that, you are actually quite refreshing in your knowledge and view of the older nba eras. The point is that your picks are what we are talking about and saying that there were better players available, that's all

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:43 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Alright then - He was all that I said for 6 years :wink:

BOOOOO!!!!! Sam Cassell's alien nuts have more playoff wins than Hill. BOOOOO!!!!!

Same the Alien also had much better teams, playing with Hakeem (a top 10 player ever), Ray Allen and Ugly Dog Robinson with the Bucks and KG, Sprewell and Wally on the TWolves! He never was close to a one man show and was never the best player on his teams!

Don't get me wrong, he is clutch and should be reknowned for that but not in the same level as Grant Hill. I was close to picking Cassell instead of KJ but KJ just had a better career than Cassell in all facets

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:54 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:That post seems kind of out of context since right now there have been little to no personal attacks nor has there been any name calling. It's just spirited debate. If by "knew something like this would happen" you mean disagreement, then yes, the entire point of drafts if to argue over your favorite players

Yeah, I was talking only about the disagreements, not personal attacks...

migya wrote:Same the Alien also had much better teams, playing with Hakeem (a top 10 player ever), Ray Allen and Ugly Dog Robinson with the Bucks and KG, Sprewell and Wally on the TWolves! He never was close to a one man show and was never the best player on his teams!

Don't get me wrong, he is clutch and should be reknowned for that but not in the same level as Grant Hill. I was close to picking Cassell instead of KJ but KJ just had a better career than Cassell in all facets

BOOOOO!! Jud Buechler made bigger shots than Hill in the playoffs. BOOOOO!!!!

(btw, I'm just having fun now. You don't really have to answer to this one)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:11 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Sam the Alien also had much better teams, playing with Hakeem (a top 10 player ever), Ray Allen and Ugly Dog Robinson with the Bucks and KG, Sprewell and Wally on the TWolves! He never was close to a one man show and was never the best player on his teams!

BOOOOO!! Jud Buechler made bigger shots than Hill in the playoffs. BOOOOO!!!!

(btw, I'm just having fun now. You don't really have to answer to this one)

But I will! BOO! :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:25 pm
Aw c'mon boys no love for my team? Nah, it's cool. I just came here to pick the players for the fun of it and then y'all could do whatever. Didn't come here to bash on anyone's picks either.

Btw, so migya, when's that other draft in the private forum going to start up? :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball