Redistro of NBA legends debate - Simulations soon

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:32 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Btw, so migya, when's that other draft in the private forum going to start up? :wink:

YES!!!!!!

Miggy, I hereby name you the commish for the b*tches draft in the private forum... Now you're in charge. Make it work.

Once is done, send them to me and I'll simulate the "tournament" and post the results here. With pics. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:54 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Btw, so migya, when's that other draft in the private forum going to start up? :wink:

YES!!!!!!

Miggy, I hereby name you the commish for the b*tches draft in the private forum... Now you're in charge. Make it work.

Once is done, send them to me and I'll simulate the "tournament" and post the results here. With pics. :mrgreen:

What a great idea :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have my wife's sister and her husband over from Europe for 4 weeks so I won't be on here as often (only when I can at work :mrgreen: ) but we'll have such a draft indeed!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:11 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

YES!!!!!!

What a great idea :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have my wife's sister and her husband over from Europe for 4 weeks so I won't be on here as often (only when I can at work :mrgreen: ) but we'll have such a draft indeed!

Yes!!!! (again). Take your time, we'll get ready in 4 weeks then... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:54 pm
Related to the legends redistro thread but here every participant has given their opinions

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:39 am
We should do this again with all the new regulars on the board. I am sure we can get more than 8 this time to do a legends redistribution draft. Of course it would all depend on if there's any interest in it and if Pest or someone else is willing to deal with the madness that comes along with it.

But, just throwing it out there.

Also, what about the annual GSW board user awards? We need to make it official that Drewbacca has the best graphics.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:19 am
im down...i dunno what yall are talkin about but im down. haha. so what is this that im down for exactly and how does it work?
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:32 am
Definately is a great activity over the end of year holidays. Read through this thread Eman and the one related to it to get the idea. Basically a few of us get together,hopefully some ten or more this time, and hold a draft with the pool of players being every player ever in the nba ie. An alltime legends draft.

Those that want in say so on here and then I'll start a new thread just for a new such draft if enough people want to do it

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:07 am
im still confused...it looks like a starting five fantasy draft with legends
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:57 am
EMan32 wrote:im still confused...it looks like a starting five fantasy draft with legends

What it is is that we workout the draft order, like for the fantasy leagues, then we start by all picking a coach then the players, out of all the coaches and all the players in nba history. The factors determining how good a player is are:
1. Production of that player ie. Stats based but relevant to competition as well so Wilt Chamberlain's production, though incredible, would not have been so great in the current era but he is rated very highly because he produced so much still.
2. Length of high performance in career; So A guy like Bill Walton, though a great player, was only great for a few seasons and was beseiged by injuries that limited his career. He is rated quite highly but you only get a few good years out of him and not ten or more years like you do for someone like Magic Johnson, who was great for over a decade, every single year and did not miss much due to injury.
3. Attitude; This one is somewhat harder to scale but basically for a guy like Artest, he is a cancer to his teams a fair bit and tends to stuff up the chemistry quite a bit. He is talented but his attitude is a major factor as well.
4. Success; MVPs, individual awards and championships. Obviously some scrub that was twelveth man on the legendary Celtics teams that won eight straight championships is not rated higher than Karl Malone but the point here is what value did a player that won championships have in his team winning those championships. We all know Michael Jordan was by far the main reason the Bulls won so many championships and that is a big reason he is the best player ever.

Basically you go for the superstars, from whatever era but the key is to try and workout which stars are better ie. The older era players tend to be viewed as less talented as the modern day stars because obviously they were but we try to compare from era to era, so Bill Russell, though not as talented as David Robinson, was greater in his era than Robinson was in his, though not by far, but he was. Thus, Bill Russell is rated higher than the Admiral.

I hope everyone understands the criteria, it is not 100% calculatable and by that I mean it is not absolutely clear which superstars are better than others, but we try to use the above factors in rating them (we don't attribute a ranking for each player alltime but we can say pretty well how good a player is going by the criteria).

What we did, and you go through the thread and see that, is that Pest told us to choose the best season of each player in our team and then he submitted the stats for that year of each player to a certain website and those stats were used in simulations of teams versus teams. Again, go through the threads I brought back from over a year ago and you can see.

Very interactive and definately a nice activity over the holidays we can all do

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:57 am
Thunder wrote:We should do this again with all the new regulars on the board. I am sure we can get more than 8 this time to do a legends redistribution draft. Of course it would all depend on if there's any interest in it and if Pest or someone else is willing to deal with the madness that comes along with it.

But, just throwing it out there.

I'm cool with that idea. I'll join if enough people is interested.

Thunder wrote:Also, what about the annual GSW board user awards? We need to make it official that Drewbacca has the best graphics.

I've been looking for that thread and couldn't find it. If I can't do it later, I'll create another one this weekend and we may vote during next week.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:16 am
TMC wrote:
Thunder wrote:Also, what about the annual GSW board user awards? We need to make it official that Drewbacca has the best graphics.

I've been looking for that thread and couldn't find it. If I can't do it later, I'll create another one this weekend and we may vote during next week.

I've just found it and it is now up, brought forward for everyone to take a look at and for TMC to go ahead and write up for this year's awards

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:32 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I've just found it and it is now up, brought forward for everyone to take a look at and for TMC to go ahead and write up for this year's awards

Thanks for recovering the thread, buddy.

I'll create a new one later, so everybody can vote. I think we should keep votes open for a full week. That's enough time for everybody to vote.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:15 pm
I'll do it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:47 pm
I'll start a new thread for another alltime legends redistro draft

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:52 am
Just bumping this as noone gave their honest (migya's team is best :mrgreen: ) evaluation of everyone's team. Be nice if a couple of you do

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball