Warriors call up Kelenna Azubuike from the D Leauge

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:45 pm
Quite the nickname for Azubuike ya got there dstown. No need to Roberson really. This kid is far more impressive than Anthony. So there's really not much we can do with Roberson now, and when everyone is back, I doubt he'll get any playing time.

Plus if Roberson leaves Caparkab*tch can move up a seat on the bench! From 13 to 12!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:16 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:50 pm
I remember the Mavs scouting this guy when he was in HIGH SCHOOL somewhere in Oklahoma. I've been following his career ever since. He was a little disappointing at UK, but you could tell the guy had talent out the ass and he really ripped it up at times for the wildcats.

The Mavs brought him into camp, but he appears to be a Nelson-guy all the way. Don is good at finding overlooked gems like this. My bet is Azubuike will be a good fit in Nelson's system and will break into the rotation for the Warriors this year.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:59 pm
madape wrote:The Mavs brought him into camp, but he appears to be a Nelson-guy all the way. Don is good at finding overlooked gems like this.


"Mully called me on New Year's Eve and asked me if I liked sambuca, and I said, 'Yeah,' " Nelson recalled. "And he went out there and signed this guy, Azubuike.

"I thought it was a drink, and he was talking about a player."


Yep. Nellie seems to have been watching this guy closely. :mrgreen:

All Star
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:19 pm
TMC wrote:
madape wrote:The Mavs brought him into camp, but he appears to be a Nelson-guy all the way. Don is good at finding overlooked gems like this.


"Mully called me on New Year's Eve and asked me if I liked sambuca, and I said, 'Yeah,' " Nelson recalled. "And he went out there and signed this guy, Azubuike.

"I thought it was a drink, and he was talking about a player."


Yep. Nellie seems to have been watching this guy closely. :mrgreen:


On the KNBR interview this evening Nelson said good things about Azubuike (calls him Kleenex), close to glowing. He did evade questions about Ike, though, rambling about big and small line-ups, substitution patterns and trying to get Murphy back in the saddle again.

Also, he bought up the sambuca drink joke again.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21415
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:05 pm
carlgo wrote:
TMC wrote:
madape wrote:The Mavs brought him into camp, but he appears to be a Nelson-guy all the way. Don is good at finding overlooked gems like this.


"Mully called me on New Year's Eve and asked me if I liked sambuca, and I said, 'Yeah,' " Nelson recalled. "And he went out there and signed this guy, Azubuike.

"I thought it was a drink, and he was talking about a player."


Yep. Nellie seems to have been watching this guy closely. :mrgreen:


On the KNBR interview this evening Nelson said good things about Azubuike (calls him Kleenex), close to glowing. He did evade questions about Ike, though, rambling about big and small line-ups, substitution patterns and trying to get Murphy back in the saddle again.

Also, he bought up the sambuca drink joke again.



Nelson really does seem like he has something against Diogu. Wonder if they had an altercation
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:16 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:16 pm
TMC wrote:
madape wrote:The Mavs brought him into camp, but he appears to be a Nelson-guy all the way. Don is good at finding overlooked gems like this.


"Mully called me on New Year's Eve and asked me if I liked sambuca, and I said, 'Yeah,' " Nelson recalled. "And he went out there and signed this guy, Azubuike.

"I thought it was a drink, and he was talking about a player."


Yep. Nellie seems to have been watching this guy closely. :mrgreen:


It took a little digging... but here's a link to a 2001 article, just so you know I'm not full of ****.

Of course, just because the Mavs sent scouts doesn't mean that Nelson remembers everything about this guy. 2001 was about 10,000 Miller Lite's ago.

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az= ... c_id=19192
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:44 am
madape wrote:It took a little digging... but here's a link to a 2001 article, just so you know I'm not full of ****.

Of course, just because the Mavs sent scouts doesn't mean that Nelson remembers everything about this guy. 2001 was about 10,000 Miller Lite's ago.

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az= ... c_id=19192


I know, I was just kidding.

Still, the Mavs have the biggest coaching staff of the whole league. I doubt Nellie was aware of every single player they scouted.

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:43 am
The Warriors are keeping Azubuike for the remainder of the season :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:22 am
O.G. broe wrote:The Warriors are keeping Azubuike for the remainder of the season :D


Good news. He certainly looks better than Roberson. And with J-Rich out for a while, we need all the help we can get.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21415
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:03 am
TMC wrote:
O.G. broe wrote:The Warriors are keeping Azubuike for the remainder of the season :D


Good news. He certainly looks better than Roberson. And with J-Rich out for a while, we need all the help we can get.



This is really it. Without JRich the team needs as many athletic guys that have decent skills as possible
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron