Should Jason Richardson Pack It In For The Season?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:13 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:It might be harder to replace Baron that's all. Monta could be either a PG or SG but either way, Murphy and dun will be hard to trade without adding a star young player as well

Not so hard. He can be replaced in the same trade. I mean, take for example a trade of Baron and Pietrus for Andre Miller and Iguodala (doesn't work under the cap, would need fillers. It's just an example). With a trade like that we replace Baron, while at the same time improving the team and the salary cap...

Nice thought but we'd have to get expirers to make the trade work salarywise.

I want to see Murphy and dun go, which was the whole point of this conversation :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:31 am
migya wrote:Nice thought but we'd have to get expirers to make the trade work salarywise.

It ain't that hard. Miller, Iggy and Joe Smith's expirer for BD and MP works... of course, it doesn't work when you add Murphy or Dunleavy to the mix. On one side, those players are not enticing to anybody. On the other, their contracts are awful enough to reduce even more their already low trade value.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:47 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Nice thought but we'd have to get expirers to make the trade work salarywise.

It ain't that hard. Miller, Iggy and Joe Smith's expirer for BD and MP works... of course, it doesn't work when you add Murphy or Dunleavy to the mix. On one side, those players are not enticing to anybody. On the other, their contracts are awful enough to reduce even more their already low trade value.

But Baron and Pietrus are assets right now and it is the bad contracts we want to get rid of, so Murphy and dun are first on the hit list. Trading one or both along with Baron, JRich or Monta is about the only way the go

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:50 am
migya wrote:But Baron and Pietrus are assets right now and it is the bad contracts we want to get rid of, so Murphy and dun are first on the hit list. Trading one or both along with Baron, JRich or Monta is about the only way the go

Yeah, I was just saying that, in case of having to trade one, I'd rather trade Baron than J-Rich. Not that I want to trade them. It was just an example.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:58 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:But Baron and Pietrus are assets right now and it is the bad contracts we want to get rid of, so Murphy and dun are first on the hit list. Trading one or both along with Baron, JRich or Monta is about the only way the go

Yeah, I was just saying that, in case of having to trade one, I'd rather trade Baron than J-Rich. Not that I want to trade them. It was just an example.

You know, they are both great for the team but right now, I just think Baron means a bit more to the team than JRich because he is the playmaker and also a major scorer while JRich is a scorer mainly above all else

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball