How you like Mike now?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:36 pm
Im so sick of the Dunleavy bashing. Sure, for a 3rd overall pick hes been a dissapointment but thats the past. Hes been playing very well off the bench and has alot of energy plays.

Now he hits 2 big 3s to seal the game...and what...silence...you should at least balance out your hatred for Mike and give credit when credit is due.

Ive been to numerous games and Im sick of the " dont put the white guy in the game" comments coming from the fans around me...its just f*cking lame.

Cant imagine what the crowd around me would do if i said the same about a black player.

Be a fan...be fair...and look at what your really rooting for.

Trolloc
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:38 pm
agreed. as a starter he is horrible. but i like his role off the bench. without his miraculous threes we would have lossed...

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:27 pm
Trolloc wrote:...Ive been to numerous games and Im sick of the " dont put the white guy in the game" comments coming from the fans around me...its just f*cking lame.
Trolloc

Fans do not say that about Biedrens.

It is Dunleavy not playing anywhere near the level that a third overall pick should play that causes fans to come down on him.

His lack of effort on defense is also a big issue with many fans.

I do like his ability to play the 4 position and handle the ball from there both on the break as well as in our half court offense.

People root for and hope that Dunleavy does well; however, his play is very inconsistent. Maybe a change in scenery (a trade) might be what is best for the kid.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:29 pm
CREDIT TO MIKE DUNLEAVY JR FOR HIS CLUTCH PLAY AND OVERALL PERFORMANCE TODAY AGAINST THE ORLANDO MAGIC

He's still a dumturd, dunfukall, dumcunnt, dungpile, turdleavin (should be anyway), dontbelieveinhim, fagboy :mrgreen:

Well done dun :)

Trolloc - You better not become a dun loving troll around here :evil:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:55 pm
I give him props, but the reality is that he gets more props for what he does than any player in the league

ANY other player on the warriors (except foyle) makes those threes and there aren't four separate threads about it
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:59 pm
Trolloc wrote:Im so sick of the Dunleavy bashing. Sure, for a 3rd overall pick hes been a dissapointment but thats the past. Hes been playing very well off the bench and has alot of energy plays.

Now he hits 2 big 3s to seal the game...and what...silence...you should at least balance out your hatred for Mike and give credit when credit is due.

Ive been to numerous games and Im sick of the " dont put the white guy in the game" comments coming from the fans around me...its just f*cking lame.

Cant imagine what the crowd around me would do if i said the same about a black player.

Trolloc
I am sorry but Dungpile gets no credit until he can show he can make an IMPACT more than 6 or 7 times per season. Sorry, but he is garbage, which is why he is a bench player.

The Dun apologists crack me up... You totally ignore the TOTAL body of his work and cherry pick the few instances when he flashes what he should of been.

Sorry, but Dun is what he is: Marginal.
This season is not a flop.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:35 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I give him props, but the reality is that he gets more props for what he does than any player in the league

ANY other player on the warriors (except foyle) makes those threes and there aren't four separate threads about it

foyle makes those threes, it's the front page on the ny times :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:39 am
Yea dunlyboy was god like today with his 3's but that just one game if he puts 20 point 6 rebound and 4 assist a game then i give him the respect that he needs,he got pick 3d overall and hes playing like a mid round pick
all i have to say is DO NOT DRAFT ANYONE FROM DUKE THAT CAN ONLY SHOOT THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:16 am
Trolloc wrote:Im so sick of the Dunleavy bashing. Sure, for a 3rd overall pick hes been a dissapointment but thats the past. Hes been playing very well off the bench and has alot of energy plays.

Trolloc

good for him...glad to see him playing on somewhat of a consistent level.

and everyone here gives mike credit - the key is WHEN IT'S DESERVED. which, we all know, ain't very often.

and you probably would've gotten your face smashed in.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:25 am
Dun is a decent player, i just want to see him finish better when driving to the lane, he didnt do well at all when going to the hoop
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:18 am
uptempo wrote:
Trolloc wrote:...Ive been to numerous games and Im sick of the " dont put the white guy in the game" comments coming from the fans around me...its just f*cking lame.
Trolloc

Fans do not say that about Biedrens.

Yep, it's more like "don't put THAT white guy in the game". :mrgreen:

Nah, really, check the game threads. We (well, most of us, and most of the time) give praise when praise is due.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:04 am
Dun did his job off the bench like he has since being downgraded to a reserve. He's had his ups and downs being a bench player, mostly down, but he has been clutch when the Warriors looked to him for a big shot. He is garbage for being the 3rd overall pick, but he is pretty good off the bench. Do I love Dun? Hell no. Should you? Hell no. But hey, he's gotten the job done off the bench. Role player indeed.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:40 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:

Trolloc
I am sorry but Dungpile gets no credit until he can show he can make an IMPACT more than 6 or 7 times per season. Sorry, but he is garbage, which is why he is a bench player.

The Dun apologists crack me up... You totally ignore the TOTAL body of his work and cherry pick the few instances when he flashes what he should of been.

Sorry, but Dun is what he is: Marginal.

Your right on the money!

This is the real thing right here

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:56 pm
[quote="Trolloc"

Trolloc[/quote]
Are you feeling sorry for Dunleavy because he is a minority for once in his life? I'm the only black at my job and cannnot get promoted because I don't project the corporate image. Feel sorry for me, I'm not a multi-millionaire like Mikey. So let's don't start with the white boy crap again. It has nothing to do with his race. He's just not very good. Even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then.

I hate Dunleavy the same way I hated Johnny LeMaster on the Giants years ago. I hate the way we HAVE TO play him to justify his #3 selection. I hate his new contract. I hate the way he always try to take a charging foul instead of playing defense. I hate the way he rags on his team mates. I hate we traded Antawn Jamison so Mikey could start. I hate the Barnett and Fitzgerald kisses his ass all the time.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:21 pm
wow - another inflammatory thread. I wonder if we could all get into it about Mother Teresa? The White/Black thing is another red herring. If the player in question were Nash, Nowitzki, Stockton, Bird, etc..Ws fans would be thrilled to put him in. The only thing that has to do with race vis-a-vis Dunleavy is I strongly believe he has gotten more playing time because his demographic is one the Ws think fans can relate to. They are mistaken, as fans are generally smarter than that. Go to any bar or Ws game and you will see the (mainly white) fans groan at his general miscues. Of course he had a good game against Orlando. Read the game thread - he got major props for it. As has been said on this forum repeatedly, Dung has about 10-15 good games a year, about the same # Donyell Marshall used to have. The only difference is that, like Pest said, on those rare occasions, the dunophiles rush to post threads praising him to the heavens.

I have to say this on race, since it is being batted around on various threads. Bigotry against anyone is noxious and race is an invention, biologically. There are 6 genes out of 40,000 that make up skin color, so it is a ludicrous thing to have an argument about. It is beyond my comprehension the mass insanity and idiocy required (and so often seen) causing haters to insult, mistreat, hurt and kill based on melanin content. That said, anyone who feels hard done by as a white man in this society should try to live for a week as a black man and catch a cab or rent an apartment or go for a job interview. The institutional racism that pervades this country is so blatantly one way it is not funny. Those who think whites get a raw deal should take it up with the 99% of the senate that is white millionaires or the 95% of fortune 500 CEOs who are the same!

As to the original post, I agree that it is offensive and racist to say "don't put the white boy in". What they should say is "don't put dunleavy in"! After watching him be cossetted, overpaid and overminuted for 4 plus years, I just think many fans are fresh out of benefit of the doubt. Esp. when someone like Ike can't buy a minute on this team. Probably the healthiest thing for all concerned would be for Dun to go play for his pops on the clippers.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball