WHY DO THE WARRIORS ONLY RUN FOR 3 QUARTERS?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:20 am
aletha33 wrote:sorry dude, but arenas is one of the biggest ball hogs i have ever seen. all he brings to the table is offense. doesn't make his teammates better...completely ball-dominant. your typical young player infatuated with scoring.

as for jamison, i still cringe when i watch him play...trust me, players like him are a dime a dozen. brings absolutely nothing special to the table.

It's just a matter of opinion, but I think we would be a much better team with those two than with Baron and Dunleavy.

In fact, other than Caron Butler (and a few promising youngster, like Blatche or Hayes, who ain't doing anything yet), there ain't much talent in Washington. Imagine what they could do with a roster like ours...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:11 am
aletha33 wrote:
dareedle wrote: By the way, our former team (GSW East) is playing fantastic ball with Arenas and Jamison tourching the league.

sorry dude, but arenas is one of the biggest ball hogs i have ever seen. all he brings to the table is offense. doesn't make his teammates better...completely ball-dominant. your typical young player infatuated with scoring.

as for jamison, i still cringe when i watch him play...trust me, players like him are a dime a dozen. brings absolutely nothing special to the table.

honestly, glad the two are gone...

I can bear with Jamison's departure but Arenas? He may ball hog, but if he was still wearing a Warriors uniform guys like Baron, Biedrins, Pietrus, and Monta wouldn't be here. Who would be here? Dunno, that's a tough call. But as much as many would disagree, don't you see Baron ball-dominate on a nightly-basis every now and then? Sure Baron does dish out the dimes but he does like to ball-dominate during the times we don't need it and he misses. While when Arenas tends to ball-dominate, he's successful. I'm not bashing on Baron, I'm just saying Baron and Arenas have the same tendencies it's just that Baron shares the rock more, that's all.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:41 am
TMC wrote:
aletha33 wrote:sorry dude, but arenas is one of the biggest ball hogs i have ever seen. all he brings to the table is offense. doesn't make his teammates better...completely ball-dominant. your typical young player infatuated with scoring.

It's just a matter of opinion, but I think we would be a much better team with those two than with Baron and Dunleavy.

In fact, other than Caron Butler (and a few promising youngster, like Blatche or Hayes, who ain't doing anything yet), there ain't much talent in Washington. Imagine what they could do with a roster like ours...

true, it is a matter of opinion...

but to say that'd we be better, let alone MUCH better? jamison would fit nicely on this team...and that's only b/c he's one/two dimensional like the most of our players..

he's got and will always HAVE major holes in his game...at least dun brings the complete game...(wow, i just gave dun a compliment..sorta?)

baron and arenas cancel eachother out..not a big fan of those that look only to score...and history says that players like this do not help teams win...

again, baron brings definitely more of a complete game...much rather have him..
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:45 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
dareedle wrote: By the way, our former team (GSW East) is playing fantastic ball with Arenas and Jamison tourching the league.

sorry dude, but arenas is one of the biggest ball hogs i have ever seen. all he brings to the table is offense. doesn't make his teammates better...completely ball-dominant. your typical young player infatuated with scoring.

I can bear with Jamison's departure but Arenas? He may ball hog, but if he was still wearing a Warriors uniform guys like Baron, Biedrins, Pietrus, and Monta wouldn't be here. Who would be here? Dunno, that's a tough call. But as much as many would disagree, don't you see Baron ball-dominate on a nightly-basis every now and then? Sure Baron does dish out the dimes but he does like to ball-dominate during the times we don't need it and he misses. While when Arenas tends to ball-dominate, he's successful. I'm not bashing on Baron, I'm just saying Baron and Arenas have the same tendencies it's just that Baron shares the rock more, that's all.

"every now and then is your key phrase" ... all dominant point guards know when it calls for them to take over a game..and the only reason why you say he dominates when we don't need it is b/c he probably missed his shots...

dude, all superstars dominate the ball "when they shouldn't"... iverson, bryant, mcgrady, lebron...they all do it.

when you score 60+ & 50+, i'd say he dominated the ball more than "every now and then"... he's like kobe and mj is their younger days..except gilbert doesn't play defense nor do i see him much create for his team..
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:01 pm
aletha33 wrote:but to say that'd we be better, let alone MUCH better? jamison would fit nicely on this team...and that's only b/c he's one/two dimensional like the most of our players..

he's got and will always HAVE major holes in his game...at least dun brings the complete game...(wow, i just gave dun a compliment..sorta?)

And how is dun more complete? I don't count bricking shots, not creating for himself and others that well and being a soft prik when it comes to rebounding and everything else as complete! Unless it's completely shiit that you're getting at!

Jamison is far more effective and this season and last season especially, he is showing it and is a top 10 SF and/or PF!

aletha33 wrote:baron and arenas cancel eachother out..not a big fan of those that look only to score...and history says that players like this do not help teams win...

I agree with you here that Baron is more complete because he does a bit of everything (except scoring) more than Arenas

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:03 pm
aletha33 wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
aletha33 wrote:

"every now and then is your key phrase" ... all dominant point guards know when it calls for them to take over a game..and the only reason why you say he dominates when we don't need it is b/c he probably missed his shots...

dude, all superstars dominate the ball "when they shouldn't"... iverson, bryant, mcgrady, lebron...they all do it.

when you score 60+ & 50+, i'd say he dominated the ball more than "every now and then"... he's like kobe and mj is their younger days..except gilbert doesn't play defense nor do i see him much create for his team..

Well actually, taking a look back at last night, Gilbert dominated even when they didn't need it. There were times where the Suns would make a run and he would hog it all. I don't think it's much of a ball dominate issue, I'd think he doesn't have faith in his teammates to create when the tempo is not in their favor. But on top of it all, he can do this on a nightly, back-to-back basis. I'll take that especially when your a team still searching for it's identity.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:15 pm
Arenas is an amazing scoring machine, but when your "point guard" gets 4 assists in an overtime game and takes 37 shots, it is really narcissistic meball. Nash got 42 points on 25 shots, so he was not a shrinking violet, but he also got 12 dimes and involved his whole team, a beautiful exhibition of passing. I guess it is a matter of preference, but from the celtics of the 60s to the knicks of the early 70s to Walton's blazers to magic and bird and the suns today, teams that pass, move and run are a thing of beauty...it really is the closest thing to jazz. Of course, so is the way arenas plays - the kind of jazz where one guy takes all the solo space and doesn't listen to his fellow musicians...I prefer hearing musicians who interact and watching ball players do the same
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
coltraning wrote:Arenas is an amazing scoring machine, but when your "point guard" gets 4 assists in an overtime game and takes 37 shots, it is really narcissistic meball. Nash got 42 points on 25 shots, so he was not a shrinking violet, but he also got 12 dimes

Put that down to having better teammates to pass the ball to, as well as team system. Marion, Amare, Diaw, Barbosa and Bell are better than Jamison, Butler and the rest of the scrubs on the Wiz

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:59 am
migya wrote:
aletha33 wrote:but to say that'd we be better, let alone MUCH better? jamison would fit nicely on this team...and that's only b/c he's one/two dimensional like the most of our players..

And how is dun more complete? I don't count bricking shots, not creating for himself and others that well and being a soft prik when it comes to rebounding and everything else as complete! Unless it's completely shiit that you're getting at!

Jamison is far more effective and this season and last season especially, he is showing it and is a top 10 SF and/or PF!

aletha33 wrote:baron and arenas cancel eachother out..not a big fan of those that look only to score...and history says that players like this do not help teams win...

I agree with you here that Baron is more complete because he does a bit of everything (except scoring) more than Arenas

beware migya...

what i mean by complete is that he brings all the tools to the table...dribble, pass, shoot, IQ, rebound, etc...

i didn't say he excels at each...but he's OK in each...

jamison scores...rebound some...and that's basically about it...

top 10 sf/pf?? LOL... gimme a break... he doesn't impact the game enough to be top 10...haha...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:33 pm
aletha33 wrote:beware migya...

Is it the dark alley thief......... :mrgreen:

aletha33 wrote:what i mean by complete is that he brings all the tools to the table...dribble, pass, shoot, IQ, rebound, etc...

top 10 sf/pf?? LOL... gimme a break... he doesn't impact the game enough to be top 10...haha...

dun does not do all those things OK, sometimes he does but usually he is quite bad at them all!

Jamison is top 10 SF and/or PF as far as being effective! He is the second best player on a playoff team and has risen his play the last two seasons. Dun has always been quite awful, all 5 seasons so far

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:38 pm
aletha33 wrote:
migya wrote:

beware migya...

what i mean by complete is that he brings all the tools to the table...dribble, pass, shoot, IQ, rebound, etc...

Dunleavy's version of dribbling: bouncing it to half court and passing it to a guard
Dunleavy's version of passing: Three assists a game on a fast paced team
Dunleavy's version of shooting: Far worse than jamison
Dunleavy's version of bbiq: running back and fourth at the baseline and not getting open
Dunleavy's version of rebounding: Pitiful

There's something to be said for doing one or two things well as opposed to being a little below average at a lot of things
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:38 pm
coltraning wrote:Arenas is an amazing scoring machine, but when your "point guard" gets 4 assists in an overtime game and takes 37 shots, it is really narcissistic meball. Nash got 42 points on 25 shots, so he was not a shrinking violet, but he also got 12 dimes and involved his whole team, a beautiful exhibition of passing. I guess it is a matter of preference, but from the celtics of the 60s to the knicks of the early 70s to Walton's blazers to magic and bird and the suns today, teams that pass, move and run are a thing of beauty...it really is the closest thing to jazz. Of course, so is the way arenas plays - the kind of jazz where one guy takes all the solo space and doesn't listen to his fellow musicians...I prefer hearing musicians who interact and watching ball players do the same

Beautiful post, colt! :D
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:33 am
coltraning wrote:Arenas is an amazing scoring machine, but when your "point guard" gets 4 assists in an overtime game and takes 37 shots, it is really narcissistic meball. Nash got 42 points on 25 shots, so he was not a shrinking violet, but he also got 12 dimes and involved his whole team, a beautiful exhibition of passing. I guess it is a matter of preference, but from the celtics of the 60s to the knicks of the early 70s to Walton's blazers to magic and bird and the suns today, teams that pass, move and run are a thing of beauty...it really is the closest thing to jazz. Of course, so is the way arenas plays - the kind of jazz where one guy takes all the solo space and doesn't listen to his fellow musicians...I prefer hearing musicians who interact and watching ball players do the same

Completely agree, but there's a small problem... there's only one Nash. Nobody is at his level.

This was about Baron and Arenas. You can replace them with AI, Kobe and multiple other players, but still none of them will equal to Nash. We're talking about a two time MVP here, colt. Not just any superstar.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:04 pm
Some people question Nash's stature as an MVP and superstar. Nash is one of a kind and this season he has taken it even further! No player in the nba can duplicate what he is doing and has done in Phoenix, as far as has been seen.

Nash may never be duplicated

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:58 pm
#32 wrote:The only thing I'm wondering is why "****" is okay to say on the forum... but "****" still gets censored out. :scratch:

ha me too
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball