wth is wrong with the warriors on the road??!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:53 pm
typical loss in new jersey. are they tired? shorthanded? or they just suck on the road.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:51 pm
I'll keep it short and simple. The inability to win on the road. They're 11-5 at home. 1-9 on the road. And because they struggle in some games to close it out, that will haunt them and it showed tonight.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:10 am
winn wrote:typical loss in new jersey. are they tired? shorthanded? or they just suck on the road.

I think is just that we're not experienced enough to close these games. Some of our key players are extremely young, and it's harder winning on the road. It's just part of the growing process.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:00 am
TMC wrote:
winn wrote:typical loss in new jersey. are they tired? shorthanded? or they just suck on the road.

I think is just that we're not experienced enough to close these games. Some of our key players are extremely young, and it's harder winning on the road. It's just part of the growing process.

And Baron takes way too many shots in the 4th quarter

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:28 am
I don't know how it's so hard to win on the road against these average teams... There was barely anyone in the stands for cryin out loud in New Jersey. I can say this... the fans had nothing to do with it. I barely heard the damn fans the whole game, so the only difference is the sound of chatter over the sound of cheering. It's a garaunteed "un-victory" for the Warriors on the road.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:35 am
Josh Jamison wrote:I don't know how it's so hard to win on the road against these average teams... There was barely anyone in the stands for cryin out loud in New Jersey. I can say this... the fans had nothing to do with it. I barely heard the damn fans the whole game, so the only difference is the sound of chatter over the sound of cheering. It's a garaunteed "un-victory" for the Warriors on the road.

While the crowd has something to do with it, losing on the road more has to do with players not being able to complete their routines as they can at home.

Waking up at a certain time, eating at a certain time, going to his favorite place as a ritual before games are some things players do not get on the road. Being away from family, sleeping in unfriendly hotels, sleeping on planes, flying into towns at 3AM the night before a game are obstacles players have to deal with they would not normally at home. You may not think they are a big deal, but they are.

These are a few of the many factors that go into why teams like the Warriors lose on the road. These are not excuses on my part because the Warriors should have won last night.

I guess my point is that there is more to winning on the road than just overcoming a hostile crowd. There is a lot that happens off the court that has an impact on things occur on the floor during the games.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:47 pm
It won't get any easier than against Eastern teams so they have to win now

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball