redistro - simulation to begin in a day or two

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:57 pm
I'm suprised none of you went with the Bill Russell Player/Coach move, or is that not allowed?

I'd take him over Lenny Wilkins. At least he's got a ring.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:59 pm
I am amazed that I had a choice between Magic and Larry this late. I thought they'd be in the top three. I'm taking Magic because he can play so many positions and, well, he's Magic. First steal of the draft (because, while centers are hard to get in real life, they're the most populous position for superstars all time)

The ultimate winner, Magic has won a two high school championships, one college banner, five NBA rings, and an olympic gold. One of the five greatest passers of all time who can also score and rebound, has never lost

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:02 pm
TMC wrote:Updated. It's interesting, everybody is going for size (except MJ, who was a no-brainer) with theird first picks.

well, I'm going for the most sizeful PG of all time so I suppose I'm no exception :mrgreen:
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:09 pm
Hey Pest,

If you guys still want 8 instead of 7 I'd gladly take the slot, draft 8th, and pick up a Coach via free agency. If it's too late that's cool too.

Just thought I'd offer to make it an even 8 before the first round ends.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 pm
I think that's a good idea. Let Thunder in. That way we have no byes.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:18 pm
alright, sounds cool
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:21 pm
Cool.

I'll make my coach selection after the first round.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:19 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:thanks..I seriously considered Magic, but there are a few other extraordinary PGs, and let's face it, there is still only one MJ, it was his defense that was the tipping point, speaking of Bowen. MJ was one of the top ten defenders of all time.

You know, in this draft, I'd hate to have the first pick. Yeah, you now have Jordan... but you'll have to wait 12 more picks til your next one. There are many good players, but not so many truly great ones. The first pick it's tricky.

Oh, well. You can also count on some of us making pretty stupid picks to even things out. :wink:

There are a few legends though, enough for all of us to have two each.

Stupid picks: Like picking Gerald Green, Ricky Davis and Adam Morrison :mrgreen:
Last edited by migya on Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:02 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:thanks..I seriously considered Magic, but there are a few other extraordinary PGs, and let's face it, there is still only one MJ, it was his defense that was the tipping point, speaking of Bowen. MJ was one of the top ten defenders of all time.

You know, in this draft, I'd hate to have the first pick. Yeah, you now have Jordan... but you'll have to wait 12 more picks til your next one. There are many good players, but not so many truly great ones. The first pick it's tricky.

Oh, well. You can also count on some of us making pretty stupid picks to even things out. :wink:

Stupid picks: Like picking gerald Gerald Green, Ricky Davis and Adam Morrison :mrgreen:

bad migya...will 32 take the bait? :$100 says yes (but I only pay up if JSW pays me what he owes me) mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by coltraning on Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:02 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Stupid picks: Like picking gerald Gerald Green, Ricky Davis and Adam Morrison :mrgreen:

LOL
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:27 pm
Hard for me, but I had to go with Adonal Foyle. How could you all pass up on him?!?!? :shock: :mrgreen:

Okay, my ACTUAL pick is the Celtic Cornerstone, Mr. Bill Russell.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:46 pm
I have to go with a Celtic legend as well and pick Larry Bird.

This was one white boy that could play (I didn't say jump)

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:49 pm
Pest, I'd like to replace my first post or the second post of this thread (might be better) with a list of the players already picked, like we did for the fantasy draft. You alright with that

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:53 pm
aight, sounds cool
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:39 am
migya wrote:Stupid picks: Like picking Gerald Green, Ricky Davis and Adam Morrison :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great, thunder. The more people the better. Glad to have you on the draft.

For my pick, I've been trying to decide between two of the biggest talents this game has seen. Therefore, my pick is:

The great Oscar Robertson. I'm surprised the Big O is still available at the end of the first round. He'd be a top 3 pick in my book.

Anyway, I won't be able to post for a couple of days, so I'm going to send a PM with my next pick to Pest in case it's my turn again before I'm back. I don't want to delay the draft and have people waiting unnecessarily for me.

btw, as I won't be here tomorrow, Merry Christmas to everybody.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball